1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Nov 5, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #76 of 9,124
From the update email:

Thank you for signing up and your interest in RealLoud Technology, the world's first and only patented in-ear tech that safely delivers a louder, more spacious and richer sound while reducing the risk of hearing loss. We wanted to inform you that due to a slight delay we decided to push our Kickstarter campaign to tomorrow, Thursday November 6th. Our campaign has been approved by Kickstarter and all systems are go for launch!

We are extremely excited to kick this off with you! Don’t forget our Kickstarter early bird special where you can save up to 50% on our new 1964ADEL products by getting in early and taking advantage of this fantastic offer! There is a limited quantity so make sure to get yours before they run out and it’s too late.

We will let you know tomorrow morning as soon as the campaign is live so you can be one of the first to get the most revolutionary earphones and In-Ear Monitors on the market.

Thank you for your support! And please make sure to tell your friends about us and help spread the word about our campaign!

- The 1964 ADEL Team

Nov 5, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #77 of 9,124
  From the update email:

Thank you for signing up and your interest in RealLoud Technology, the world's first and only patented in-ear tech that safely delivers a louder, more spacious and richer sound while reducing the risk of hearing loss. We wanted to inform you that due to a slight delay we decided to push our Kickstarter campaign to tomorrow, Thursday November 6th. Our campaign has been approved by Kickstarter and all systems are go for launch!

We are extremely excited to kick this off with you! Don’t forget our Kickstarter early bird special where you can save up to 50% on our new 1964ADEL products by getting in early and taking advantage of this fantastic offer! There is a limited quantity so make sure to get yours before they run out and it’s too late.

We will let you know tomorrow morning as soon as the campaign is live so you can be one of the first to get the most revolutionary earphones and In-Ear Monitors on the market.

Thank you for your support! And please make sure to tell your friends about us and help spread the word about our campaign!

- The 1964 ADEL Team

Tomorrow is the moment of truth for lots of us with interest in the universals. Question is... how many armatures?

Nov 5, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #79 of 9,124
  Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic, but I'm hoping that it'll be a universal version of the V6 or V6S. I'm probably going to pick up a pair anyways, but that would definitely be nice.

I would think that with the price of TOTL Universals easily reaching and surpassing the $1K threshold, a V6-Stage Universal with ADEL technology for around $799 (+$200 ADEL - -$100 Universal with no customization) would be an easy sell - they could even be at the same price point depending on economies of scale and batch size of universal shells.

This is a situation where marketing departments and their skills at sales projections earn their keep.

Nov 5, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #80 of 9,124
Hopefully they can retain the triple-bore construction of the V6-Stage with the ADEL technology. I am very interested in ADEL, but would hate to loose the fantastic soundstage and realism the Stage added to the original V6.

Nov 5, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #82 of 9,124
Another e-mail I received from 1964ears:

Initially ADEL was going to work when closed but with the final design you’ll need to open the port to allow the ADEL technology to work. It won’t be as drastic as our current ambient port where opening it any amount causes significant bass loss that can’t be recovered. You can open the ADEL port a tiny amount to allow it to work and the bass will drop by a bit but you can boost it back by adjust the EQ on your player. You can close the ADEL port and you’ll have the standard full isolation which is around -26dB.

Nov 5, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #83 of 9,124
Is it safe to say that if one was able to get a hold of the membrane material ADEL uses, it's entirely possible to mod your own pair to have the same effect? I mean, that's essentially what ADEL is, just a membrane stuck onto a port in the bore, or shell, and that's exactly what they did when they conducted the study. 

Nov 5, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #84 of 9,124
  Another e-mail I received from 1964ears:

Initially ADEL was going to work when closed but with the final design you’ll need to open the port to allow the ADEL technology to work. It won’t be as drastic as our current ambient port where opening it any amount causes significant bass loss that can’t be recovered. You can open the ADEL port a tiny amount to allow it to work and the bass will drop by a bit but you can boost it back by adjust the EQ on your player. You can close the ADEL port and you’ll have the standard full isolation which is around -26dB.

Boo.

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #86 of 9,124
If you go to the Adel website now, and you click on the universal specs, you see their products:

U4
U5
U6
U8

So, the early bird pricing for universal "starts at $300".  So I am guessing that is for the U4.
So how much more the U5- U8 are is the big question.

Nov 5, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #87 of 9,124
  If you go to the Adel website now, and you click on the universal specs, you see their products:

U4
U5
U6
U8

So, the early bird pricing for universal "starts at $300".  So I am guessing that is for the U4.
So how much more the U5- U8 are is the big question.

$300 is 40% off ($499 MSRP) - The custom quad without ADEL is $549 - so maybe $50 less than a regular custom? Or worst case - the same with the big boys? $699 V6-ADEL - $899 V8-ADEL

EDIT: Hell, the ADEL Ambient Series has a 12 driver universal
Sounds about right

Nov 5, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #88 of 9,124
So there are some new facts and some questions.

Fact (or seems a fact) we will need to open the vent to gain the benefits of ADEL.

questions:
Will the amount we open the valve have any affect on how much ADEL does it's job?
 a. will it be a linear relationship or just the tiniest opening of the valve will allow ADEL to do it's full job?
Will the bass response go down more with the valve being opened more or is it a all or nothing proposition?

Are these being tuned for ADEL and valve being open to sound their best with it in the open possition.
SHOULD WE HAVE TO EQ to get bass back or should it not be bumped up to a point that it sounds RIGHT with the valve open (ADEL enguaged) which is the point of any of us buying this at least as I see it?

Other info:

I asked today whether they were going to retro fit this onto older customs (a refit of sorts) and was given a maybe, they are checking on it tomorrow and I may have something to report on that.

On a personal note I WANT to buy it especially the 12 driver hahaha, but these questions make me hesitant not to get stuck with a BETA product or something which was built with lots of good ideas but not grounded in a well designed product (usability for consumer well thought out, not as in cool ideas merged in product form which it already it :) )

Nov 5, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #89 of 9,124
  So there are some new facts and some questions.

Fact (or seems a fact) we will need to open the vent to gain the benefits of ADEL.

questions:
Will the amount we open the valve have any affect on how much ADEL does it's job?
 a. will it be a linear relationship or just the tiniest opening of the valve will allow ADEL to do it's full job?
Will the bass response go down more with the valve being opened more or is it a all or nothing proposition?

Are these being tuned for ADEL and valve being open to sound their best with it in the open possition.
SHOULD WE HAVE TO EQ to get bass back or should it not be bumped up to a point that it sounds RIGHT with the valve open (ADEL enguaged) which is the point of any of us buying this at least as I see it?

Other info:

I asked today whether they were going to retro fit this onto older customs (a refit of sorts) and was given a maybe, they are checking on it tomorrow and I may have something to report on that.

On a personal note I WANT to buy it especially the 12 driver hahaha, but these questions make me hesitant not to get stuck with a BETA product or something which was built with lots of good ideas but not grounded in a well designed product (usability for consumer well thought out, not as in cool ideas merged in product form which it already it :) )

From the looks of things - worst case, you shut off ADEL and you have a Custom 10BA Driver CIEM for a grand - not a bad price at all - no one can touch it.

Nov 5, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #90 of 9,124
The A10 and A12 specs:

A10

Fit: Custom. Made from provided ear impressions

Transducer type: Ten precision balanced armature drivers

Transducer configuration: 2-low, 4-mid, 4-high

Impedance: 18 Ohms

Sensitivity: +/- 117dB SPL @ 1mW

Freq. Response: 10Hz – 20 kHz

Noise Isolation: Adjustable via ADEL™ module

Cord Length: 48 or 64 inches

Warranty: 2-year Parts and Labor