1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Nov 1, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #48 of 9,124
  So you mean on the same page where they call it a "membrane vent" it's not a vent?  But a membrane that expands?  What purpose would a valve dial serve?

The dial shows like it closes and opens the outside part of the membrane. This would probably adjust the effectiveness of the membrane. If you close the vent it would make the membrane ineffective. or tension of the membrane? there has to be a good reason for the knob. It all looks complex/precise. This could be why they are going to be the most expensive IEM's on the market.

Nov 1, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #50 of 9,124
I shot them an e-mail asking for more details on the ADEL technology, such as its effect on sound isolation and sound leakage, and also to inquire about the tuning of the 10 and 12 driver models. If and when I get a reply, I'll post it here.

But I probably will not end up getting one of these, don't feel like putting down $1000 to play guinea pig.

Nov 3, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #51 of 9,124
Okay, so here's an update. I just called 1964ears and spoke to one of the guys there.

With regards to the ADEL technology, he said that the ambient port will let in outside noise when you open it up (and thus probably also leak sound, but he didn't specify that, that's my own interpretation). BUT, you can fully close it for full noise isolation, and doing so will still allow the ADEL technology to work, so it will still absorb part of the pneumatic pressure. So my understanding is that regardless of how you have the ambient port set, the ADEL stuff will work either way. Now that I'm typing this I realize I should have asked whether or not the noise isolation will be the same as a normal acrylic CIEM when the ambient port is fully clozed, just to clarify. Maybe someone else here can give them a call and find out :)

As for the tuning of the 10-driver and 12-driver models, he wasn't exactly sure yet how they would be tuned, but he expects one of them to have a 'natural' tuning, and the other to have a more 'bassier' tuning. He said that more details will be released soon on the kickstarter page.

Anyway, what he said about how the ADEL technology works has me much more interested now in these. I was about to pull the trigger on a JH13 today or tomorrow, but now I'll wait a few more days until more details have been released.

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:14 AM Post #53 of 9,124
Early Bird price "Starts" at 1000  (40%off)
seems like it referees to the 1799 V10  (1799*0.6=1079)
and the Universal one 300/0.6=500  reasonable offer for the V6 Universal model (or maybe just V3 considering the additional tech)

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #55 of 9,124
Reading the Universal section of 1964Adel.com again it says:

"The 1964|ADEL U-Series™ are a universal-fit version of the highly successful 1964 EARS V-line of custom molded IEM..."

U-Series - so my guess is most if not all of the current V models will be available with ADEL technology as universals. Take a V2 at $399 + $100 for the ADEL = $499. So $500 - 40% = $300. This matches the "early bird price starts at" amount. So (again my guess) we'll be able to order any of the V-line as ADEL universals during the Kickstarter campaign for the regular price + a premium for ADEL - 40%. Taking the V6-Stage at $699 + $100 for ADEL = $799 - 40% = $480.
Seems some killer deals may be a day away. Then again, this is all just my putting 2 and 2 together and it could be all wrong.

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #56 of 9,124
Which means it's the V series but in universal form, hence U series. It's like what most of us who has the universal V series have at the moment, with the inclusion of the new Adel tech.

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #57 of 9,124
"As for the tuning of the 10-driver and 12-driver models, he wasn't exactly sure yet how they would be tuned, but he expects one of them to have a 'natural' tuning, and the other to have a more 'bassier' tuning."

Again just a guess, but the A10 is the natural tuning and the A12 is an A10 with two additional bass drivers for the bassier tuning.

I wonder if there will be an option to order the A10 in universal form?

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #58 of 9,124
Reading the Universal section of 1964Adel.com again it says:

"The 1964|ADEL U-Series™ are a universal-fit version of the highly successful 1964 EARS V-line of custom molded IEM..."

U-Series - so my guess is most if not all of the current V models will be available with ADEL technology as universals. Take a V2 at $399 + $100 for the ADEL = $499. So $500 - 40% = $300. This matches the "early bird price starts at" amount. So (again my guess) we'll be able to order any of the V-line as ADEL universals during the Kickstarter campaign for the regular price + a premium for ADEL - 40%. Taking the V6-Stage at $699 + $100 for ADEL = $799 - 40% = $480.
Seems some killer deals may be a day away. Then again, this is all just my putting 2 and 2 together and it could be all wrong.

Universal model should be slightly cheaper than it's custom model,usually..

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #60 of 9,124
Exactly what I'm thinking - at some decent pricing, too.

Gosh..
logical answer - Get the U-series and call it a day
logical reasoning - Get the A-12 for a TOTL at a super price
logical solution - Get both the A-12 and the U-series

Conclusion = logical dilemma...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back