1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 28, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #4,411 of 9,124
I like the idea of the hifiman and it has legendary sound, but I need my streaming and for that I need a phone. =/ Don't really want to carry around another device right now, my streaming consists of bandcamp and youtube.

Pardon my ignorance, but if the Calyx M is "very warm" shouldn't it be produce an even more veiled sound than the mojo?  Mojo is pretty much perfectly neutral with a slight rolloff in treble to make it easily listenable for hours on end.  I appreciate that my A12's have never demonstrated ANY sibilance even with the most grating recordings I have, but a little more treble would be welcome.

If only the 901 was a sleek modern touchscreen style device that could access apps, something like the ZX2! =P

If you like more edgy treble then Hugo will suit your better than Mojo.

Re the mojo it is non fatigueing but that wasn't due to "rolled off treble". It just manage to eliminate noise floor modulation that is often associated with harsh or bright treble sound we found in off the shelf DAC chips like the ess9018, which sometimes are countered by noise shapers or analog circuitry on different DAPs. Mojo just try to reconstruct the original analog waveform as perfectly as possible. Many Hugo owners like thr mojo soind better, but personally I like the slightly brighter sounding Hugo.

I think it pairs really well with all 64audio models I tried it with (v6s, v8, u10, u12). I m so impressed with the u12 pairing I'm really tempted to go for an A12.

Mar 28, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #4,412 of 9,124
  I play bass in the worship band and had the opportunity to demo the U4 and a universal V6-S with the supplied demo tips this weekend. I found the V6-S to have better mids and highs than the U4, but the bass did not stand out enough for me to really hear myself. The bass on the U4 was better, but it tended to overwhelm the rest of the sound. I ended up using the U4 for most of our services, but if I had my pick, I would have liked the U4 with a little less bass or the V6-S with a little more bass. All of this was through a small, inexpensive headphone amp with a mono mix (all that is available from the board). No EQ.

The demo information said that "Generally the demos have a little more highs and a little less bass compared to the customs." As I want to go the custom and not universal route, this would tend to make me believe that the A4 would have even more bass than the U4 ... not in the direction I really want to go. Am I wrong in my thought process here?

Thanks!

I'd really recommend listening to the U3. Generally speaking, when people are sorta MEH on the U4s, I have them listen to the 3s and they love them. The 4s and 5s tend to be really specific for their use, they either tick your boxes 100% of leave you feeling very lackluster. The more drivers, doesn't mean better. So if it's an option (I don't know if you were sent just the one pair, or multiple pairs of ears), give the 3 a listen.

Mar 28, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #4,413 of 9,124

I see. Thanks. Yes, I am putting my entire faith on the MAMs and planning on ordering the A12. I am still not 100% on-board though..

@ken6217 and @iKE1985 , did you have a chance to try both the U10 and the U12 before deciding on the A12?

I didn't.

I'm not certain but Twister might have.

Sorry, I haven't.  Maybe one day I will if CanJam NYC becomes a reality... uh, my dreams
biggrin.gif

From what I heard, they are supposed to be very similar with a difference of less bass impact in U10.  There was a recent review/comparison of A10 vs A12: http://inearspace.com/2016/02/22/measurement-monday-64-audio-adel-a10-a12/

Mar 28, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #4,414 of 9,124

I see. Thanks. Yes, I am putting my entire faith on the MAMs and planning on ordering the A12. I am still not 100% on-board though..

@ken6217 and @iKE1985 , did you have a chance to try both the U10 and the U12 before deciding on the A12?

Where I live none of this stuff is available to try and I was set on customs anyway.

Mar 28, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #4,415 of 9,124
  I'd really recommend listening to the U3. Generally speaking, when people are sorta MEH on the U4s, I have them listen to the 3s and they love them. The 4s and 5s tend to be really specific for their use, they either tick your boxes 100% of leave you feeling very lackluster. The more drivers, doesn't mean better. So if it's an option (I don't know if you were sent just the one pair, or multiple pairs of ears), give the 3 a listen.

sorry but do you work for 1964? 

And what are the specific use of the U4 and U5

Mar 28, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #4,416 of 9,124
  sorry but do you work for 1964? 

And what are the specific use of the U4 and U5

I do. My account being updated to show that has been a very long headache that is supposed to be getting resolved shortly.

The 4's are generally aimed at DJs, drummers or bass players, that want a bit more sub bass. And the 5's are for singers, since it's 4 mids and 1 mid-bass. You can imagine why that wouldn't be ideal for overall listening, the 5's are really for singers that don't want to hear things out side of their range. 

There's guidelines on the models on the website, for which is recommended for which application, but again it's just a guideline. At NAMM, I had a number of people saying they played this or that instrument but preferred a model that wasn't recommended for their instrument. Don't feel locked into the guidelines, they're a starting place.

But going off you preferring the V6-S, I'd still say the 3's or the 6's if it's not out of the price range. 

Mar 28, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #4,417 of 9,124
  I do. My account being updated to show that has been a very long headache that is supposed to be getting resolved shortly.

The 4's are generally aimed at DJs, drummers or bass players, that want a bit more sub bass. And the 5's are for singers, since it's 4 mids and 1 mid-bass. You can imagine why that wouldn't be ideal for overall listening, the 5's are really for singers that don't want to hear things out side of their range. 

There's guidelines on the models on the website, for which is recommended for which application, but again it's just a guideline. At NAMM, I had a number of people saying they played this or that instrument but preferred a model that wasn't recommended for their instrument. Don't feel locked into the guidelines, they're a starting place.

But going off you preferring the V6-S, I'd still say the 3's or the 6's if it's not out of the price range. 

So I looked at all the CIEMs from Noble Audio, and their Custom IEMs  look so good , like extraordinary.  How come 64 Audio doesnt have that aesthestic quality for CIEM?  
Like look at all the CIEM that the Wizard did, they just look way better,  so I dont know what 1964 use to create CIEM but they don't look as good as Wizard created.

Mar 28, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #4,418 of 9,124
  So I looked at all the CIEMs from Noble Audio, and their Custom IEMs  look so good , like extraordinary.  How come 64 Audio doesnt have that aesthestic quality for CIEM?  
Like look at all the CIEM that the Wizard did, they just look way better,  so I dont know what 1964 use to create CIEM but they don't look as good as Wizard created.

Are you buying it for looks or performance??? 

I had a Wizard design K10. I sold it a couple of days after I received my A12's.

Mar 28, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #4,419 of 9,124

As a business man, I know that everything costs money.  If I were building a CIEM, I'd put the vast majority of that money into creating sound not looks.  Most of the top CIEM companies don't go to the extent that Noble does with regard to appearance.  If looks are your thing, go for it, there is no one better than Noble when it comes to looks.  However, my observation is that when not seen under the light/positioning and effects Noble uses on their CIEMs, they look somewhat less striking in typical photos taken by people.  That's not to say they aren't amazing, again, no one does better "look-work" than noble.  Personally I'm fine with my clear/clear A12's with absolutely no markings on them at all, not even ADEL or 64 audio labels.  I'm not interested in looking pretty or being distracting with my ciems, plus I like seeing all the internals, the workmanship that goes into making such small things by hand is incredible.  To each their own.

Mar 28, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #4,420 of 9,124

As a business man, I know that everything costs money.  If I were building a CIEM, I'd put the vast majority of that money into creating sound not looks.  Most of the top CIEM companies don't go to the extent that Noble does with regard to appearance.  If looks are your thing, go for it, there is no one better than Noble when it comes to looks. not seen under the light/positioning and effects Noble However, my observation is that when uses on their CIEMs, they look somewhat less striking in typical photos taken by people.  That's not to say they aren't amazing, again, no one does better "look-work" than noble.  Personally I'm fine with my clear/clear A12's with absolutely no markings on them at all, not even ADEL or 64 audio labels.  I'm not interested in looking pretty or being distracting with my ciems, plus I like seeing all the internals, the workmanship that goes into making such small things by hand is incredible.  To each their own.

You hit the nail right on the head. I was very dissapointed when I received mine. It really lacked the details of the jpeg that I picked. I would have complained but I sold it the same week.

Mar 28, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #4,422 of 9,124

You hit the nail right on the head. I was very dissapointed when I received mine. It really lacked the details of the jpeg that I picked. I would have complained but I sold it the same week.

You mean you received and then sold the Noble CIEM? Or 1964 one? 

Ken spelled it out clearly a few posts above what he kept and what he sold: http://www.head-fi.org/t/739712/1964-ears-adel-iems/4425#post_12458936

Mar 28, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #4,424 of 9,124
[Mod Comment]

Gentlemen - let's use this thread for talking about the 1964 Adel IEMs OK?  No more accusations of trolling or off topic posts please.

Thanks 

Mar 28, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #4,425 of 9,124
I should have my U8 maybe early next week. Can't wait to listen to 64 audio for the first time.

I'll be pairing it with my lgv10 (rooted with Viper4Android) and mojo. Also with X7-mojo (if I get a dig coax) or Cayin C5.

Anyone try the above combo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back