1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 26, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #4,351 of 9,124
Yes I do have them and I heard both the ref and k10, the ref is closer to u12 in sound but too much bass and the k10 tonality is beautiful but it's sounds stage and imaging is terrible in my opinion. The U12 tonality is amazing, soundstage the best I have heard, layering and detail are excellent. Closest to perfect iem I have ever heard,
Better than the Lab 1 too!

Mar 26, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #4,353 of 9,124
Well it is the best I have heard but have not heard the Layla!

Mar 26, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #4,354 of 9,124
Sorry but I gotta ask this here, does anyone know if they still sell any good DIY Ear Impression Kit, like one where you mix them up and make your own Impression instead of going to an Audiologist?

Mar 26, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #4,355 of 9,124
che15-Damn. Sounds nice. One of my friends here highly recommends it as well. Maybe I'll try their loaner program. Tried it years back, but couldn't get them to respond, so I purchased a different iem. 1964 Audio was the first high end iem company I found. The U12 is on my list of things to hear.

The way things are going with my 2 most recent purchases, they might be going back, that will be $1200 I have to play with... Maybe do the smart thing and purchase another iem, since apparently that's the only thing I really hear a major difference in.

If you eq and add bass, is it able to obtain near ref 1 bass levels?

Mar 26, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #4,357 of 9,124
che15-Damn. Sounds nice. One of my friends here highly recommends it as well. Maybe I'll try their loaner program. Tried it years back, but couldn't get them to respond, so I purchased a different iem. 1964 Audio was the first high end iem company I found. The U12 is on my list of things to hear.

The way things are going with my 2 most recent purchases, they might be going back, that will be $1200 I have to play with... Maybe do the smart thing and purchase another iem, since apparently that's the only thing I really hear a major difference in.

Sorry bud I don't like equalizers, yes I highly recommend them, at first I was not very impressed but when u get used to the sound u will not want to take them off, it is absolutely true what other thread members are saying, they feel like u r not wearing IEMs, no fatigue whatsoever. Weather the Adell tech will save your hearing I don't know, but it definitely makes their IEMs sound and work like nothing else out there.

Mar 26, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #4,358 of 9,124
@che15-Damn. Sounds nice. One of my friends here highly recommends it as well. Maybe I'll try their loaner program. Tried it years back, but couldn't get them to respond, so I purchased a different iem. 1964 Audio was the first high end iem company I found. The U12 is on my list of things to hear.

What Loaner program is it?

Mar 27, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #4,359 of 9,124
Has anyone here heard both the TG334 and U12 if so please short comparison would be great!
Thanks

Mar 27, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #4,360 of 9,124
che15-Thanks anyway brother. I really don't need them... Plus I recently ordered the new Ref 1 Too, which I know I'll love. Had the OG one, and loved it. Love me some bass!! I'm fairly certain I'd like the U12, and I'd like a other high end ba driver iem. Have Heir Audio 8.a, which I still love, but wouldn't mind an upgrade from them.

Mar 27, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #4,361 of 9,124
Yes I do have them and I heard both the ref and k10, the ref is closer to u12 in sound but too much bass and the k10 tonality is beautiful but it's sounds stage and imaging is terrible in my opinion. The U12 tonality is amazing, soundstage the best I have heard, layering and detail are excellent. Closest to perfect iem I have ever heard,

Hi, I have the Noble K10U & like it a lot, in fact IMO it's the best iem that I have heard. The only thing is that sometimes I wish for  bit more sound stage & your comments on U12 sound stage has made me curious to try the U12. I am a bit treble sensitive & K10 for me hits the perfect spot for smooth treble with great details but not dark. How would you compare the U12 treble to that of K10 ? Is it brighter than K10 ?

Thanks for your help.

Mar 27, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #4,362 of 9,124
@che15-Thanks anyway brother. I really don't need them... Plus I recently ordered the new Ref 1 Too, which I know I'll love. Had the OG one, and loved it. Love me some bass!! I'm fairly certain I'd like the U12, and I'd like a other high end ba driver iem. Have Heir Audio 8.a, which I still love, but wouldn't mind an upgrade from them.

The U8 might be a better fit for you.  I am thoroughly enjoying mine!  Excellent bass but great balance between bass, mids and highs.  The highs are slightly rolled off compared to the rest of the spectrum but tone is excellent as is imaging and soundstage (for an iem). 

Mar 27, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #4,363 of 9,124

Hi, I have the Noble K10U & like it a lot, in fact IMO it's the best iem that I have heard. The only thing is that sometimes I wish for  bit more sound stage & your comments on U12 sound stage has made me curious to try the U12. I am a bit treble sensitive & K10 for me hits the perfect spot for smooth treble with great details but not dark. How would you compare the U12 treble to that of K10 ? Is it brighter than K10 ?

Thanks for your help.

I covered K10U vs U12 in my review of K10U Aluminum (comparison toward the end): http://www.head-fi.org/products/noble-audio-kaiser-k10ua-universal-aluminum/reviews/15497 - K10UA is noticeable brighter in comparison.

Mar 27, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #4,364 of 9,124
Has anyone here heard both the TG334 and U12 if so please short comparison would be great!
Thanks

TG334 is most like V8 FR-wise in the 64audio lineup. Having said that the 334 is quite a unique IEM where it's bass (mid bass) and mid quality is very different (and in a good way) than all multi-BA iem/ciem I own or owned.

Without knowing your preference in music or genre, the general advice is that U12 will be more all arounded and better treble/sub bass extension. I prefer the tg334's mesmerizing midbass and mid and if you listen yo a lot of edm, pop, techno, dance, Asian music, female vocal types then the TG334 could be more enjoyable. I had planned to sell my 334 after getting the custom v8 but even their FR is similar they sound different enough for me to keep both.

Mar 27, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #4,365 of 9,124

Thanks for your help.

I have only heard the U12 so I can't comment on the rest of the U series, but the highs on the 12 are nearly perfect to me, never too bright which I also hate. They are extended enough to present nice details and to keep up with the amount of bass. Some people think that the U12 bass is a little much, but to me they are very nicely balanced through the whole frequency range. Most natural sounding IEM I have heard. They won't wow u at first but when they burn in and ur ears get used to the sound u will not want to stop listening, I was up till 3 am last night and started at 10 pm. Did not want to stop but finally had to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back