1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 27, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #4,366 of 9,124
Mar 27, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #4,367 of 9,124
Twister, I find the k10ua shouty and sibilant at times. I don't get this on the u8. You feel the same?

Twist doesn't even get outta bed unless a  $1,300+ IEM is waiting for him. He wouldn't know the pain we endure down here
wink.gif

U8 owners?

Mar 27, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #4,371 of 9,124
A question or two about the MAMs.

I have the A12s with standard-issue Auto Modules. I'm not currently listening to them because they are too bassy; the sound is cluttered and generally not very pleasant.

It is my understanding that the membrane in the Auto Module absorbs the pneumatic pressure in the ear canal, and I'm interested to know what the MAM does differently from the Auto Module. 

Assuming the membrane inside the Auto Module is a fixed 'tightness', does the dial of the MAM make the membrane looser and tighter than the Auto Module? To what degree? Is the Auto Module fixed at, say, 50% of the MAM's 'looseness'? 

Finally, am I correct to assume that turning the MAM 'open' doesn't let in air, but only adjusts the membrane?

Any answers/thoughts gratefully received - I'm itching to get my mitts on the MAMs to see if they 'fix' my A12s!

Mar 27, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #4,372 of 9,124

I have the A12s with standard-issue Auto Modules. I'm not currently listening to them because they are too bassy; the sound is cluttered and generally not very pleasant.

It is my understanding that the membrane in the Auto Module absorbs the pneumatic pressure in the ear canal, and I'm interested to know what the MAM does differently from the Auto Module. 

Assuming the membrane inside the Auto Module is a fixed 'tightness', does the dial of the MAM make the membrane looser and tighter than the Auto Module? To what degree? Is the Auto Module fixed at, say, 50% of the MAM's 'looseness'? 

Finally, am I correct to assume that turning the MAM 'open' doesn't let in air, but only adjusts the membrane?

Any answers/thoughts gratefully received - I'm itching to get my mitts on the MAMs to see if they 'fix' my A12s!

My u8s are more bass than my k10, but not a lot. You find a12 a lot more bass than k10?

Mar 27, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #4,374 of 9,124
I am simply in awe everytime i listen to my u12, the bass is tight and controlled mids are amazing and highs are exactly where i want them, I sold my shure 846 which I know I will miss but owning the u12 did not justify me keeping the shure 846 anymore

i am interested in all what is coming for the u series from inflated tips to the manual module, although i am so happy with what I am hearing now

Mar 27, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #4,375 of 9,124

Twister, I find the k10ua shouty and sibilant at times. I don't get this on the u8. You feel the same?

Twist doesn't even get outta bed unless a  $1,300+ IEM is waiting for him. He wouldn't know the pain we endure down here
wink.gif

U8 owners?

Actually, I raised the bar to $2k, so don't bother me with anything less
tongue.gif
 j/k

Lately I've been going between two extremes, flagship stuff and $5-$10 earbuds (VE Monk, FiiO EM3) or budget $8 in-ears (MEE Audio RX18) which I enjoy a lot as well, and then there is other stuff in between, totally blown away by FLC8 Custom (universal demo version, the same sound and custom filter tuning as FLC8S).

Regarding K10UA, I found a number of people disagreeing with me after my review, referencing their K10 being warmer, while I found universal K10UA to be brighter and hitting that 6kHz peak a bit too close to home, all could be a matter of extra weight (aluminum version) and not the best seal which reduces low end impact.  Still, enjoying both U12 and K10UA.  Might even get an opportunity to compare U12 to U6, been getting a lot of requests to compare those.

Mar 27, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #4,377 of 9,124
Mar 27, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #4,378 of 9,124

What? You think the U12 is Bass Heavy? are you serious? I thought the U12 is 1964 Flagship and more like Neutral , Flat sounding? The only Bass Heavy they have in their lineup is the U8 / A8.  Am I missing somethng here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back