1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 25, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #4,336 of 9,124
They just posted this video about the Manual modules:

http://youtu.be/LqsFELUW-mc

That video was just finished yesterday, I was holding off on posting it here until we had a pre-order in place for you guys to jump on. But hey, good on you for being quick on the trigger. Just wanted to explain why it hadn't been put here earlier.

Mar 25, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #4,337 of 9,124

I never own custom before, and from some reading there's a chance it will need reworking for it to fit well and I didn't wan to go through that process.  Also with the U12 I get a chance to test out the "bubble" when that becomes available.  Finally, it's cheaper, which is always nice :).

What bubble? what does it do?

Mar 25, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #4,338 of 9,124

Haha amen about the cheaper part. I agree with the refitting. That sounds like a lot of hassle which is making me consider ordering the U12s over the A12s as well.

How is the fit of the U12s? Are they comfortable? Do you get ear fatigue from wearing them? (pardon the many questions)

Thanks!

Getting use to them now, trying different size ear tips, I am currently preferring the larger size tip and not inserting the IEM too keep vs. using the smaller size and inserting them deeper.  The silicone tips is comfortable but leaky so bass is really low for me so back into the storage it goes.  No fatigue so far, but as I mentioned, not using for long term listening yet, will report back.

What bubble? what does it do?

Read Canyon Runner's responses starting from here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/739712/1964-ears-adel-iems/4185#post_12439823

Mar 25, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #4,339 of 9,124
Are they the Auto modules or MAMs? Autos can come directly from 64 for replacement, MAMs will come from me in Boulder. I know we have a few pairs of MAMs out there for testers and don't remember your real name to look it up in my phone. That's why I'm asking.

Auto, just got it directly from 64 audio. Alex already emailed me to get a replacement in the works.

Mar 25, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #4,340 of 9,124

Getting use to them now, trying different size ear tips, I am currently preferring the larger size tip and not inserting the IEM too keep vs. using the smaller size and inserting them deeper.  The silicone tips is comfortable but leaky so bass is really low for me so back into the storage it goes.  No fatigue so far, but as I mentioned, not using for long term listening yet, will report back.

Read Canyon Runner's responses starting from here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/739712/1964-ears-adel-iems/4185#post_12439823

Thanks for the reply! :)

Mar 25, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #4,343 of 9,124
Feel free to send a couple mams anyway;p

Oh I'll get right on that 
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 25, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #4,344 of 9,124
Easter weekend, I would be surprised if I heard back before Monday.

Told you about their service 
smile.gif
 - makes me feel really secure dealing with this company.

Mar 26, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #4,346 of 9,124

Covered it in my A12/U12 review a few weeks ago, comparing to ES60: http://www.head-fi.org/products/1964-ears-adel-a12-custom-iem/reviews/15405 - read the comparison toward the end.  Also, had K10UA vs ES60 comparison in K10UA review (in my signature below).

It's interesting based on your reviews of the ES60, K10, A12 that these are pretty on par in terms of the technical SQ. Of course the sound signature is going to be different. I'm looking for my next CIEM purchase after the ES60. Probably going to get a K10, A12 or one of the JHs.  

Sometimes I wonder why Westone, as an of the pioneers of CIEMs, isn't chasing the total number of drivers like the JH, 64 Ears, and Noble. Maybe less number of drives allows implementation of higher quality individual drives. More drives /= better SQ. Or perhaps most of the money they make are in hearing aid products. 

Mar 26, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #4,348 of 9,124
Glad you just got your U8, I'm still deciding whether I should get the U12 or the Tralucent Ref 1.  

So since u got the U8, when there is no sound playing and you have the U8 in your ears, does it pressure in your ears? Cause I know with other regular IEM, when there is no sound playing, u feel the pressure in your ears due to the IEM blocking all the noise and isolating you from the outside world.
So I'm wondering if you feel the same when you wear these U8 with the ADEL module ? thx.

Get the U12, it is better than ref and k10 by far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back