19 custom IEM/TF10/Shure/IE8 cables reviewed (Effect Pearl, Apollo, & Odin added 3/20/13)
May 14, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #346 of 687
Quote:
When I made my IEM cable thread, I never found a review of the Silver Sonic MKIII as of yet. Sorry. Keep your eyes open though, you never know what will pop up on these forums.

No worries bro
smile.gif

I'd really like to purchase a Chris_himself cable but it is not compatible with my customs with recessed sockets. I PMed Chris already if he can make one but didn't get a reply. I dont want to spend more than $150 as much as possible for custom cables
frown.gif

May 14, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #347 of 687
I'll tal to him for you. I got one spare set of plugs for recessed ports I can send him. Just need a kickback for the price. Or Lunashops has them, but he still has to do work to them to work with his cables and make them nice, i'll ask if he wants to do another pair besides my two pair for you. Let me know by PM if you're serious about it. Otherwise, I might likely decide to sell one of my pairs in the end, don't know yet, but it's always a possibility
Quote:

No worries bro
smile.gif

I'd really like to purchase a Chris_himself cable but it is not compatible with my customs with recessed sockets. I PMed Chris already if he can make one but didn't get a reply. I dont want to spend more than $150 as much as possible for custom cables
frown.gif

May 16, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #349 of 687
Any plans to review the new silver cables by Toxic Cables?  When they start making IEM cables, one of their designs has iPhone mic/controls, and that's something I'm particularly interested in.

May 16, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #350 of 687
Quote:
Any plans to review the new silver cables by Toxic Cables?  When they start making IEM cables, one of their designs has iPhone mic/controls, and that's something I'm particularly interested in.

Project86 will be getting a review sample of a Toxic IEM cable.

Westone has already launched their phone-control cable and JH has one coming as well.

May 16, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #351 of 687
Awesome!  I just read P86's review of the 6.a and he writes good stuff.  Looking forward to his cable review.

I saw that westone is now making a cable with mic/controls, but then there's the huge asterisk that it *does not work with iPhone 4/s, so that one's out for me.

May 17, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #352 of 687
Quote:
which did you prefer sonically...Arete or Chris_himself?  It was hard to tell from the review--at least at 5AM -_-

First, one is a TF10 cable and the other fits my CIEMs.  But I prefer the CH cable sonically, but the Arete is my absolute favorite from an ergonomics standpoint.

Quote:

Not at this time as I am trying to catch up on my reviews and don't want to take on anything else that will sit for a while.

Quote:
Project86 will be getting a review sample of a Toxic IEM cable.

Westone has already launched their phone-control cable and JH has one coming as well.

Very cool, I am looking forward to his review.

May 26, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #353 of 687
For those of you who are looking to order from the new Toxic Cables IEM cable range, Frank will be taking pre orders as of the end of next week, and should have the cables ready to ship in a month, so shoot him an email via the Toxic Cables website.

Also, he sent me some pictures of the soon to be released (next week) Shure compatiable CIEM cable: Click on the pics for a much larger and better detailed view.

Stunning!

May 28, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #354 of 687
Quote:
For those of you who are looking to order from the new Toxic Cables IEM cable range, Frank will be taking pre orders as of the end of next week, and should have the cables ready to ship in a month, so shoot him an email via the Toxic Cables website.

Also, he sent me some pictures of the soon to be released (next week) Shure compatiable CIEM cable: Click on the pics for a much larger and better detailed view.

Stunning!

I am actually speechless..

May 28, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #357 of 687
Quote:

I think there will be an overmoulded version with Westone pins. Those will look even better!

Hopefully Average Joe will give a review sometime soon :)

There will be indeed. Im looking forward to seeing those soon.

Jun 6, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #359 of 687
Hi people on this thread. Im rather new here, in need of some help. Im interested in getting a Null Audio Lune from Treoo.com at the moment. But i would like to ask if the Viablue straight or the Neutrik right-angled plug is more durable? Im fine with both straight or right-angled jacks. Thanks! 

Jun 6, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #360 of 687
Usually, the preference for durability is towards the right-angle plug, as their is less stress on the output jack when the tension on the cord is tight. The real most durable option is whichever is going to suit you better without much stress. I have a few different cables with right angles and straight plugs and they are all for different applications. I notice more that a straight plug on my Macbook Pro will always come out and lose connection because of stress, yet the right-angle plugs are much more consistent. Good luck with your choice, it's all about how you're going to use it. 
Quote:
Hi people on this thread. Im rather new here, in need of some help. Im interested in getting a Null Audio Lune from Treoo.com at the moment. But i would like to ask if the Viablue straight or the Neutrik right-angled plug is more durable? Im fine with both straight or right-angled jacks. Thanks! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back