19 custom IEM/TF10/Shure/IE8 cables reviewed (Effect Pearl, Apollo, & Odin added 3/20/13)
Dec 15, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #151 of 687
I would like to suggest reviewing cables made by qusp as well. I have a pair on my FutureSonics MG6pro, and the sonic improvement is not subtle. Great stuff.

Also, Kunlun speaks highly of the Fortis pure silver cables by Amp City. Maybe a good one to consider.

Dec 15, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #152 of 687
average_joe do you have any plans of reviewing the Stefan AudioArt cable for the JH16? I have seen it quoted as the best cable for the JH16s.

Dec 16, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #153 of 687

Quote:
I would like to suggest reviewing cables made by qusp as well. I have a pair on my FutureSonics MG6pro, and the sonic improvement is not subtle. Great stuff.

Also, Kunlun speaks highly of the Fortis pure silver cables by Amp City. Maybe a good one to consider.

Quote:
average_joe do you have any plans of reviewing the Stefan AudioArt cable for the JH16? I have seen it quoted as the best cable for the JH16s.

Thank you both for the suggestions, I have been in contact with qusp and will probably have reviews of his cables next year.  Once I clear my review backlog I will look more into the Fortis cable and Stefan AudioArt cables.

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #154 of 687
Hi Joe,

Could you care to explain more how the CH cable with the heat shrink improves the characteristics?

Quote:

The CH cable is better than the stock cable, ergonomically they are just different, with the stock cable being unwieldy while the CH cable is just a little stiff in comparison.  You can get the CH cable with heat shrink which changes the characteristics in a positive way IMO.  I will post some pictures comparing the two.

Hahaha. I go running with my JH16. Care to explain how it will harden?

Quote:
Now, if you were to run the cable under your shirt that will change things as a heat shrunk CH cable may be better, but it is still stiffer.  One thing to consider is if you do use the Lune under your shirt sweat will be absorbed into the overbraid while sweat may harden the CH cable outer heat shrink.

So with that factored in, I am deciding between a heat shrink CH cable, Null audio's lune and arteta. For the JH16, which would you recommend?

Oh, like to say I agree with the fact JH16 is weak in terms of 3D space. I still want that bit more. :/

Dec 21, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #155 of 687
The CH cable without the heat shrink is springy and the heat shrink reduces the springiness of the cable, adding to the ergonomics.  Stiffness is slightly higher but in use it is better for me because it will stay more where you put it.

As far as a cable hardening, sweat and body fluids will, over time, alter the composition of many cables.  There have been many reported cases of companies such as Shure and Klipsch having issues with their cables hardening, and these cables may do so depending on the material.  Teflon, for example, should be immune, but PVC and other materials will not be.  I am not sure the material of the CH cable so I can't say for sure.  My SM3 cable is starting to harden...

The nylon or cloth over braid that the Lune and Arete use will absorb whatever comes in contact with them.  Sweat, lotions on your hands, spilled beverages, etc. and all these things will, in my experience with this type of cable, add to the stiffness.  Getting sweat on any cable day ofter day can be detrimental.  The cable that has held up for me is the stock silver type of cable, which discolors, but there are no other issues I know of.

As far as the sound, the CH cable performs sonically better with the JH16 than either Null Audio cable and will add more to the 3D space as well as improve the other sonics characteristics.

Dec 28, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #160 of 687
I saw someone ask if the UE custom cable 48inch (newer version) will fit with the TF 10 but no one answered, so I thought I would bring up the question again.

Will http://www.logitech.com/en-us/ue/custom-in-ear-monitors/accessories fit with the TF 10 (the ones bought last month).

Thanks in advance....

Dec 28, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #162 of 687
average_joe has the pins sizes for both the TF10 and the UE customs listed on the first page. The TF10's pins are smaller in diameter than the UE customs, while you would be able to jam the UE customs cable into the TF10, you'll probably never be able to use the stock TF10 cable again.

Quote:
I saw someone ask if the UE custom cable 48inch (newer version) will fit with the TF 10 but no one answered, so I thought I would bring up the question again.

Will http://www.logitech.com/en-us/ue/custom-in-ear-monitors/accessories fit with the TF 10 (the ones bought last month).

Thanks in advance....

Dec 28, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #163 of 687
thanks.  When I read everything, it showed the TF10 as the smallest in pin size, then just below it showed UE reference cables, but I thought the ones I linked are the reference, so it really is confusing (unless I am not in on the joke).  It seems only Null Audio sells cables UNDER 150$ for the TF10, and I right?

I do not want to damage the earbuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back