Source : AK 100 Gold Japan Edition
Dac / Amp : Aurender Flow
Headphone : Fostex TH 900
LCD XC
Cable :
Sys Concept 5 mm diameter
SAA Endorphin for LCD XC

Sound Quality
TH 900 is very good only . It is not like pair with Iem has excellent SQ , bass a bit boomy not so tight

LCD XC is excellent , look like Aurender Flow has better Synergy to LCD XC Than to TH900

I hope after burn in improve the sound quality pair with others Headphones

Imo

Dec 13, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #77 of 237
Thanks for your impressions, Rudi. I agree that the TH900 sounds really good off the Flow. I do my listening primarily off my MacMini via the AudioQuest Diamond USB3 cable (Mac users should just select Mac as source, rather USB 2 or 3).

The only difference is that using this source and mode of transmission, I don't find that the bass of the TH900 bloomy. The synergy is so good that I was actually enjoying listening to classical pieces on the TH900, which may not always be the case. :)

Dec 13, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #79 of 237
Look forward to reading it, Anakchan! :)

Dec 13, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #80 of 237
The Sony WMC-NWH10 was waiting for me yesterday evening when I got back from a short trip to HK where I got to hang out with Spkrs01 and CosmicHolyGhost.
smily_headphones1.gif

With this cable, I managed to get the Sony ZX-1 to work with the Hugo as well as the Flow. Under the Menu, you just have to select Android as the input device.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nope, no luck for me. Maybe cos I'm missing that super wonderful AQ Diamond cable U have there :wink:.

Dec 13, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #81 of 237

Nope, no luck for me. Maybe cos I'm missing that super wonderful AQ Diamond cable U have there :wink:.

Heheh! The interesting thing is that Rudi has had intermittent recognition by the Flow. When I tried again today, I had 100% hit rate this morning but couldn't get the Flow to recognise the ZX-1 this afternoon. I've ruled out the Sony OTG cable as the culprit because I had no issue using the ZX-1 using the same cable connected with the Moon Audio Silver Dragon USB cable for the Hugo. 

Go figure... I jokingly told Rudi that the ZX-1 is just toying with us. 
tongue_smile.gif

Oh well... we can't have everything, can we? 
L3000.gif

Dec 13, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #82 of 237
After i upgraded my Sony ZX1 with mew Fw 1.1.3 .now i have more problem with the pairing between Sony ZX 1 and my Aurender Flow .
I have tried 2 OTG Cable , one OTG is genuine Samsung and the other one is No Brand from Ebay .and Genuine Sony USB to LOD .i have used 3 genuine USB 3 from Aurender .Sony and WD .
All can bot works now
Any body has experiance like me ?
Please share here
Thank you

Dec 13, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #83 of 237
Thanks for your impressions, Rudi. I agree that the TH900 sounds really good off the Flow. I do my listening primarily off my MacMini via the AudioQuest Diamond USB3 cable (Mac users should just select Mac as source, rather USB 2 or 3).

The only difference is that using this source and mode of transmission, I don't find that the bass of the TH900 bloomy. The synergy is so good that I was actually enjoying listening to classical pieces on the TH900, which may not always be the case. :)

Thank you Kiat
I will try again tomorrow withTH 900
Today I paired with ATH ESW 11 LTD sound quality also very good
And now I pairing with Bayerdynamic T5p SQ is excellent

Dec 13, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #84 of 237
Heheh! The interesting thing is that Rudi has had intermittent recognition by the Flow. When I tried again today, I had 100% hit rate this morning but couldn't get the Flow to recognise the ZX-1 this afternoon. I've ruled out the Sony OTG cable as the culprit because I had no issue using the ZX-1 using the same cable connected with the Moon Audio Silver Dragon USB cable for the Hugo. 

Go figure... I jokingly told Rudi that the ZX-1 is just toying with us. :tongue_smile:

Oh well... we can't have everything, can we? :L3000:

Thank you Kiat for your sharing on WA
This afternoon I have tried with all 3 OTG and 3 USB 3 also still can not worked .

Dec 13, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #86 of 237
Thank you Kiat for your sharing on WA
This afternoon I have tried with all 3 OTG and 3 USB 3 also still can not worked .

Strangely, this morning the Flow recognized the ZX-1: I had tried it just for the heck of it and presto! :)

Dec 16, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #87 of 237
So I already tested Aurender Flow for around a week, so far I think this one is the best pairing dac/amp combo for my PM-1, really really love the sound, clear spacious ambience with intimate vocal. The realism vocal from this combo with DSD file really can chill me for many times.

Has anyone play setting for PCM and DSD in advance menu? Because they do change the sound, the bigger the number, the more warm and mellow sounding they produce.

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #88 of 237
Thanks for the nice review @AnakChan !
This might have changed my mind about getting the Hugo.

I was delighted to see in the manual that the HP out can be set to 'line-out mode', however can any of you explain the text in the manual regarding this. Under 2.2.2 it says:

"VAR: Headphone output with volume control feature
2V: Fix the output voltage 2V RMS
5V: Fix the output voltage 5V RMS"

Pretty straight forward, when connecting HP's directly to Flow, set to VAR, and to use the HP out as a line out with external amp set output to 2V or 5V, correct?
But in the manual the next part confuses me:

"You should not connect to the Power Amp directly in 2V, or 5V mode."

Does it mean that the Flow has to be turned off before connecting, or is it a typo?

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #89 of 237

I was delighted to see in the manual that the HP out can be set to 'line-out mode', however can any of you explain the text in the manual regarding this. Under 2.2.2 it says:

"VAR: Headphone output with volume control feature
2V: Fix the output voltage 2V RMS
5V: Fix the output voltage 5V RMS"

Pretty straight forward, when connecting HP's directly to Flow, set to VAR, and to use the HP out as a line out with external amp set output to 2V or 5V, correct?
But in the manual the next part confuses me:

"You should not connect to the Power Amp directly in 2V, or 5V mode."

Does it mean that the Flow has to be turned off before connecting, or is it a typo?

It is a line level signal.........so connect either to:-

a) a pre amp

Or

b) an integrated amp (headphone amps)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back