DSD 1 = bright as Default
DSD 2 = Warm
DSD 3 = Warnest
These 3 Function can do by pressing MENU knob 5 second :
PCM - DSD - VARIABLE
At each Function PCM or DSD or Line Out we can adjust to 1.2 or 3

Dec 19, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #94 of 237
16053771251_e9487b9488_o.jpg

If you're keen on knowing, the FLOW's current output is very, very good for all ranges of headphones. No need at all to bother with external amplification unless you want a different sort of sound. I wrote a few words about the FLOW this morning. Very nice DAC, but a bit confusing unless you have one in your hands.

Dec 22, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #96 of 237
like others probably Im missing something - what is the use of the internal storage as It will always need a source to drive it ? The source (Laptop, PC, Phone, DAP) will have its own storage  ?

Can someone enlighten me as It looks like I am missing something obvious?

Dec 22, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #97 of 237
  like others probably Im missing something - what is the use of the internal storage as It will always need a source to drive it ? The source (Laptop, PC, Phone, DAP) will have its own storage  ?

Can someone enlighten me as It looks like I am missing something obvious?

A lot of newer laptops use small(ish) SSDs. The Flow allows you to expand that storage for your music collection.

Dec 22, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #98 of 237

A lot of newer laptops use small(ish) SSDs. The Flow allows you to expand that storage for your music collection.

Very bad that this extra storage is not accesible by iPhone or Android phones.... 
rolleyes.gif
   this will be THE solution to Highres/phones

Dec 22, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #99 of 237

I kind of understand now, - but still dont see it as much of a selling point - as wifi drives are pretty cheap these days

I think they would sell more if it was standalone DAP and would have an advantage over the Hugo due to the storage

Dec 22, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #100 of 237

Very bad that this extra storage is not accesible by iPhone or Android phones.... 
rolleyes.gif
   this will be THE solution to Highres/phones

I agree, but that's more of a limitation of iOS/Android. They could probably build a custom player app to utilize the storage but that's limiting in its own way and would add to development cost.

I kind of understand now, - but still dont see it as much of a selling point - as wifi drives are pretty cheap these days

I think they would sell more if it was standalone DAP and would have an advantage over the Hugo due to the storage

Having the storage in the Flow still saves you from having to carry around extra drives.

Dec 22, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #101 of 237

I agree, but that's more of a limitation of iOS/Android. They could probably build a custom player app to utilize the storage but that's limiting in its own way and would add to development cost.

Having the storage in the Flow still saves you from having to carry around extra drives.

Fair enough but the mSATA SSDs are pretty pricey but its still an interesting product

Dec 28, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #103 of 237
So, how can you use its internal mSata memory??
Its LCD screen looks very primitive. I don't think you can navigate folders with that.
If I put 1TB of music to this device, how am I going to search through them?

Dec 28, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #104 of 237
So, how can you use its internal mSata memory??
Its LCD screen looks very primitive. I don't think you can navigate folders with that.
If I put 1TB of music to this device, how am I going to search through them?

This memory can only be accessed if you have it connected to a laptop or desktop. You will be using a music player like Jriver Media Center to play it anyway and so you will be using the search function in the music player. Or you can use Finder under Mac OS or file manager under Windows to peer at the storage as you would a normal external storage device. :)

Dec 28, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #105 of 237
Btw, it doesn't come with the mSATA memory. That's is optional for you to install. It is NOT a DAP but a DAC/amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back