Mar 30, 2005 at 6:08 PM Post #61 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Actual
Oh, I meant to mention this, but I have not yet had time to take a listen. As of yesterday I had six new albums that I hadn't heard yet, so I will probably get around to Lateralus tomorrow.

Cool, give it a good listen a few times, I'm interested in hearing some first opinions
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 1, 2005 at 7:05 AM Post #62 of 182
In my new quest to support bands that i like and appreciate im starting to actually buy albums (im mostly using limewire as a music trial tool now). I currently have about 30 bucks ready to burn on a couple CD's and i was wondering which two Tool CD's are your favo(u)rite. Also if there are other reasons for buying the album, for instance i heard there was some code or secret order to playing Lateralus. Thats a big plus in my book if i can interact and play around with the CD like that, so if there are any other tool CD tricks i would love to hear them.

Thanks in advance guys/gals and any comments or opinions are greatly appreciated.

PS. sorry if this has already been discussed.

Apr 1, 2005 at 8:44 AM Post #64 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
Aenima and Lateralus hands down. Only other decent tracks are Prison Sex, Stinkfist and Sober.

So says lord Sduibek.

Ahem, 4 Degrees & Cold and Ugly, my friend
tongue.gif

Apr 1, 2005 at 9:14 AM Post #66 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Me likes the Ticks and Leeches song.

-Ed

It's been said that Maynard screwed up his voice for a week after they recorded that song. I wonder how he could have done that?
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2005 at 10:11 PM Post #67 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08
It's been said that Maynard screwed up his voice for a week after they recorded that song. I wonder how he could have done that?
biggrin.gif

I actually had a live version of that song, and Maynard's voice sounded horrible. It could have been an equipment malfunction though, because when he started off the song with "Suck and...SUUUUUCKK", Adam Jones turned around quickly like something had gone wrong.

I think you forgot about Salival Sduibek, but that album will run you much more than $30
biggrin.gif

Apr 2, 2005 at 1:42 AM Post #69 of 182
So anemia and lateralus? I'll be making my purchase on sunday so while its not exactly time critical i do need some sort of consensus by sunday.

Apr 2, 2005 at 8:13 PM Post #71 of 182
I really hope this is an april's fools joke. From toolband.com

Quote:

REMEMBER, DON”T KILL THE MESSENGER

You know the old saying, “no news is good news”, well… that was the case as far as the recording process was going for the new Tool CD, but now things may have changed a bit. *Yesterday, when I went to the studio to give Maynard a bottle of wine (a 1992 Maya) for winning the bet that I had with him involving his new film “Sleeping Dogs Lie” (I lost by default, not being able to attend the Sedona screening), not only wasn’t Maynard there, but, in what seems to be a case of enantiodromia (something becoming its opposite) if ever there was one (!), I was told the reason why he wasn’t there. I wish this post was dated April 1, but, unfortunately, it isn’t. Like a doctor giving a patient a straight, honest answer to a medical diagnosis, without sugar-coating the truth, here’s exactly what I was told:* “Maynard has found Jesus.” This will come as a complete shock to most (but not all) of you, as it did to me. In fact, it just seemed like another MJK prank until I talked to the one person who I believe would know if all this was legit or not. After nearly an hour on the phone with this person, the answer I received was that Maynard has indeed “found Jesus” and that, for this reason, he’s abandoned the project for the time being, if not entirely. I don’t know what the ****** is in the water these days, but hopefully a black jelly belly will turn up in that golden bowl… that’s all I can think to say at this point. Before leaving the studio, I watched as Danny made arrangements to go play some golf, while Adam and Justin kept working on a particular song. So, in case you missed it (those who don’t read the whole post), here’s*today's news: Maynard has found Jesus…

Apr 3, 2005 at 9:38 PM Post #73 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Cool, give it a good listen a few times, I'm interested in hearing some first opinions
smily_headphones1.gif

I listened to the first three songs a couple days ago but have not had access to a computer until now.

I was definitely impressed. The first song had some really good parts, and I am really looking forward to hearing the rest of the album. Unfortunately I don't have it with me, so I won't be hearing the rest for seven days. However, the first three songs weren't the unbelievable good that I was foolishly expecting.

Apr 8, 2005 at 5:20 AM Post #74 of 182
Undertow and Lateralus are definitely the best of Tool's work. Aenima was poorly mastered and Opiate was somewhat unrefined, but that can be expected from what's more or less their debut album. Salival is something you should get once you've heard and become familiar with all of Tool's work, so you can really appreciate it. There are some particularly good new tracks on it that I wish they'd release on an album. I especially like You Lied. Definitely should have been on one of their albums by now.

And I don't think any of the members of Tool are religious. The distinct impression I've gotten is that they are spiritual, and very philosophical, but denounce organized religion. And the whole issue of God/gods doesn't really fit in with some of the transcendence type stuff on Lateralus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back