biggrin.gif

and after AEnema, nobody could have seen a song like " The Grudge" coming
cool.gif

Mar 8, 2005 at 3:31 AM Post #32 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by noname
Yeah I agree, both albums are really quality
biggrin.gif

Be sure to check out the String Quartet Tributes to Tool: Third Eye Open and Metamorphic if you haven't already.
smily_headphones1.gif

- Justin

I was underwhelmed by third eye open, but I only gave it one quick listen through on sketchy mp3's, but the string quartet Nirvana tribute is pretty awsome.

And I'm gonna have to try the alt track order when I get back to my .flac's at school, but the guy who wrote up that bit on how he "figured it out" has some issuses with obsession and might wanna try going outside. But I guess it was people who where a little off that brought us Dark Side of the Moon and the Wizard of Oz so... Bands do do stuff like have a working track order then decide to change it around before they release it for whatever reason.

Oh and just a suggestion. we should be careful that this fairly interesting albiet tangential discussion doesn't decay into "OMG TOOL"; "OMG MAYNARD!!! he's liek the 2nd coming omg!!" Tool is a band with good music but seriously folks.

Mar 8, 2005 at 6:38 AM Post #35 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by rOAdeh
On the subject of tool anyone who hasn't seen this before should take a look..

Damn that is awesome! Thanks for the link.

Whatever is next, I truely hope it is much better than APC's last album, Emotive...

Mar 8, 2005 at 6:58 AM Post #36 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by PachmanP
I was underwhelmed by third eye open, but I only gave it one quick listen through on sketchy mp3's, but the string quartet Nirvana tribute is pretty awsome.

Yeah, I was fairly disappointed with both the String Quartet albums for tool when I first heard them but it is definitely something that has grown on me recently. They did a great job with Prison Sex
smily_headphones1.gif

- Justin

Mar 8, 2005 at 7:02 AM Post #37 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
Whatever is next, I truely hope it is much better than APC's last album, Emotive...

... and thirteenth step *cough*
eek.gif

- Justin

Mar 8, 2005 at 9:15 PM Post #42 of 182
Tool and APC are different bands guys, I can understand why you are comparing them, but I don't think it's fair to. This isn't a Tool vs. APC thread, it's a Tool thread
smily_headphones1.gif

That being said, I hope the new album is a cross between Undertow and Lateralus, that would freakin' rock
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 8, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #43 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Tool and APC are different bands guys, I can understand why you are comparing them, but I don't think it's fair to. This isn't a Tool vs. APC thread, it's a Tool thread
smily_headphones1.gif

No, I know. I am just saying that Emotive is not nearly as good as Ner De Norms or Thirteenth Step. They are completely different bands.

Mar 12, 2005 at 8:34 PM Post #44 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
Sometimes I can't stand any APC at all. It's like watered down Tool. I have to be in the right mood for it....

I wouldn't say it's watered down as much as chilled out, but it definately requires a proper mood.

And tool vs APC is a fair comparison because they aren't completely different bands. They both have good music but definately have very similar sounds at times. Take for example Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave they are more similar man for man but sonically differ significantly which is why there's not so much RATM v. Audioslave discussion. Tool and APC don't differ enough to not be compared like that.

anyway my 1.5 cents is that I'm hopeing that it will be on the chill Lateralus side just cause I like chill music done heavily over heavy music done heavily.

Mar 13, 2005 at 4:22 PM Post #45 of 182
I just listened to the alternate order of Lateralus for the first time and I must say it's as good/interesting as they say... whether it was something the band actually thought up or not.

Does anyone know if they've decided whether the new album will be released in HDCD format again this time?

<fingers crossed> \\X
eggosmile.gif
X//

Users who are viewing this thread

Back