「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 3, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #85,022 of 177,744
Aug 3, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #85,023 of 177,744
Quote:
really happy 'cause kuroko no basket s2 will comes soon!!

Nice...although I'm not a fan of sports anime
Quote:
Still don't know what you were referring to when you told me

"Tell me how you like it when you finish it!"

Why doesn't the Panda read!? ಠ_ಠ

I was referring to the anime you were planning to watch 
frown.gif

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #85,024 of 177,744
No, BFFLS stands for Bacon Flipping Friends Living Stardom.

1.8kg... That would probably be pretty expensive for you to ship over. Care to check? Shipping to Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #85,025 of 177,744
7 chapters?

No, admittedly only chapter 1. But relatively, if that's disgusting, then Franken Fran chapter 1 is downright horrifically mindscrew revolting.

I was planning on reading Franken Fran too. But then there's so much for me to read. And watch. Ugh.

Current plans:

Watch:
Atsuhime (50 episodes, 50 minutes each, so it'll take some time)

Read:
Finish Shopenhauer's The World as Will and Representation
Finish Astro Boy
Reread Wittgenstein's Tractatus
Start Franken Fran, Battle Angle Alita, and some of the JoJo arcs (don't know which yet).

You've watched the JJBA series, right? Then if you want, you can reread the first and second parts to see how the anime improved it, or if you want to be ready for the next season, part 3, since part 3 and later won't make any sense since Hirohiko changed the 'mechanics' of the powerups from Ripple to Stands in part 3, and continue to evolve said mechanic up until part 8, the current one. There's only two 9well maybe three) choices: reread the ones adapted, read the one going to be adapted, or skip a few of the modern parts to part 7 because something happened in part 6 to allow part 7 as a jumping in point. But highly unrecommended.

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #85,027 of 177,744
Quote:
Well TDK makes way too many models that are replaced too quickly. The only one I know we both owned at some point aside from the BA200 is the MT300, that $3 one.

No the Kenwood has those thin nozzle, same as BA200 and Shure but a little shorter. I can use it with BA200 tips but basically the price I paid was for an no box all accessory included set... If they don't have the accessories then they should lower the price or provide me with at least a pair of tips (all I care for). The balance in sound is a little bit lacking in lower mids.

Eww FAD... They only start sounding good with a few specific models > $250. I think the most expensive model I tried actually sounded worse.

Aye... Not sure if they will be getting restock any time soon. On the other hand I DO have a 10% off one purchase at Musica since I visited their booth at the Headphone Festival back in May. I think it is %10.

I guess the rest of the electronics business is just vastly different from the headphone business, cause their way of distribution seems to have worked out in that sector. It's times like that where you really appreciate stuff like the Discovery thread though, or gems like the BA200 will just go unnoticed.

Afro owner guy at e-earphone (forget his name) will do ya good. Don't worry about it and just talk to him again, sure that he won't mind.

I've talked at length about the unsavoury FI-BA-SS. Won't go into it. But the earbuds are novelty-like bad, it's extremely entertaining (and cheap). They are genuinely a hallmark of how bad sound can get, and to that I applaud them with the utmost sincerity.

He said it might end up sometime towards end of next month. Just means plenty of time to cancel, I guess.

Quote:
Still don't know what you were referring to when you told me

"Tell me how you like it when you finish it!"

Why doesn't the Panda read!? ಠ_ಠ

I've noticed with panda that he is either out of it, all over the place, but never really "here" in a sense.
This is my quip on the strange creature named Bowei, cross-posted
And from deep within the cavern does the illustrious forum panda bellows. Once an loosely associated amalgamation of various caniforms with a ethological penchant for infantile-esque featured ovuum producers, they have now coalesced into a singular enlightened entity. Beguiled by the sheer otherworldly knowledge that mere mortal bears have no hope of comprehending, he retreats into his adobe for yet another 3 million years of cultivation.

But we wouldn't have him any other way :3

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #85,028 of 177,744
Just lost all of the quoted posts due to overheat. Had CoreTemp and HWMonitor open and they're both showing entirely different readings. According to the TJ Max of the A10-5800K in Core Temp, I'm basically hovering right below it in HW Monitor yet nowhere near it in Core Temp.

This was actually an overheat this time since I had a full system shutdown after a black screen. I might have to reseat my heatsink when I have time since I remember putting on a little too much TIM before which I disregarded back then (big no-no).

@Tom Yum Goong

I would have followed these guides for SSD optimization for Win 7/8:

Win7: http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/seans-windows-7-install-optimization-guide-for-ssds-hdds

Win8: http://www.overclock.net/t/1240779/seans-windows-8-install-optimization-guide-for-ssds-hdds

This guy knows what he's doing. Just don't disable System Protection since it's useful from time to time.

Also, curious if I should get into photo editing with Lightroom since it's sort of midway between Photoshop Elements and Photoshop CS, that and I don't need a creative cloud subscription. I've read up a few comparisons between LR and PS/PS Elements and it seems interesting to use.

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #85,029 of 177,744
Quote:
No, BFFLS stands for Bacon Flipping Friends Living Stardom.

1.8kg... That would probably be pretty expensive for you to ship over. Care to check? Shipping to Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

$33 USD :frowning2: The cheapest too. 
Quote:
Frankenstein Fran? If the case it's a manga and only like 61 chapters long. Go have a read its entertaining.

Nope, the anime rikkun was going to watch
Quote:
Just lost all of the quoted posts due to overheat. Had CoreTemp and HWMonitor open and they're both showing entirely different readings. According to the TJ Max of the A10-5800K in Core Temp, I'm basically hovering right below it in HW Monitor yet nowhere near it in Core Temp.

This was actually an overheat this time since I had a full system shutdown after a black screen. I might have to reseat my heatsink when I have time since I remember putting on a little too much TIM before which I disregarded back then (big no-no).

@Tom Yum Goong

Win7: http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/seans-windows-7-install-optimization-guide-for-ssds-hdds

Win8: http://www.overclock.net/t/1240779/seans-windows-8-install-optimization-guide-for-ssds-hdds

This guy knows what he's doing. Just don't disable System Protection since it's useful from time to time.

Also, curious if I should get into photo editing with Lightroom since it's sort of midway between Photoshop Elements and Photoshop CS, that and I don't need a creative cloud subscription. I've read up a few comparisons between LR and PS/PS Elements and it seems interesting to use.

I never thought the TJ Max temperature in Core Temp was an accurate one. Because mine shows 90C(like it does for almost every computer) and I know for a fact my CPU's is not even near 90C

If the temperatures are that far off. Your sensors may have problems? So it may be that you are getting a BSOD due to such a problem? Who knows what or if its even a BSOD. The only way to know if your CPU is overheating now is with an aftermarket fan controller with temp strips.

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #85,030 of 177,744
Quote:
Quote:
About $6 if I remember right. It was super slow shipping but since their warehouse is in WA too, shipping didn't end up taking all that long!

I wonder how much it would cost for Panda to send one over to me... How much does it weight?

Quite a bit. Just for the lulz I played with the price of shipping from their HK warehouse, and shipping was about $30... D:

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #85,031 of 177,744
Quote:
I guess the rest of the electronics business is just vastly different from the headphone business, cause their way of distribution seems to have worked out in that sector. It's times like that where you really appreciate stuff like the Discovery thread though, or gems like the BA200 will just go unnoticed.

Afro owner guy at e-earphone (forget his name) will do ya good. Don't worry about it and just talk to him again, sure that he won't mind.

I've talked at length about the unsavoury FI-BA-SS. Won't go into it. But the earbuds are novelty-like bad, it's extremely entertaining (and cheap). They are genuinely a hallmark of how bad sound can get, and to that I applaud them with the utmost sincerity.

He said it might end up sometime towards end of next month. Just means plenty of time to cancel, I guess.

For the most part I don't agree with the discovery thread though. Most of the stuff are too bassy for my tastes.
And if memory serves me right, the cheapest IEM I've found with similar balance to the BA200 is the Audio Fly AF33 (or a number in the 30's). For a bit more bass just go up the ladder of numbers.

Never saw the afro guy to be honest, and I've been to both stores. Love the Osaka staff, they're super nice. The Tokyo ones probably get too much foreigners that they are super cold unless you can strike a proper audio conversation with them... which I can't. Audio lexicon in Japanese? I can't even manage it in French...

Gotta agree on that cheap FAD stuff. But the $250~$350 range did impress me, specially for classical/instrumental. Step into $400 and... no... just no.
Don't feel like buying a crap cheap one for the lulz though, I'm already going home with what...8 pairs of IEMs lol. Or more...
I'm not even a IEM person, but 3 headphone is already quite taxing for the luggage space.

Well. for now don't cancel it. They can't be had otherwise atm. If you came back earlier, might have been able to get you one for much cheaper :S
There's simply no second hand F111's anywhere...
Didn't know Musica's F111 were on preorder status though.

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #85,032 of 177,744
Quote:
$33 USD :frowning2: The cheapest too. 
Nope, the anime rikkun was going to watch

Eww... that's the same price as getting it shipped from the international warehouse.
Basically it ends up being like $50 or $60 which is probably still acceptable given the price of soldering stations in Canada. In which case I can also buy that other OEM you found on amazon; they have it in amazon.ca also at a comparable price to shipping it from HobbyKing.

Rik only listed a drama though? the 50 minute per episode part should have been well enough a sign.

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #85,033 of 177,744
Quote:

@Tom Yum Goong

Sensors on a lot of AMD parts are a bit finnicky. Like my hex core's temp readings in CoreTemp are a good 15℃ below what I'm pretty sure they are. 

Until you get around to fixing your heatsink, you could probably underclock. If you are too lazy to go into BIOS, play around with AOD. 

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #85,035 of 177,744
Quote:
Eww... that's the same price as getting it shipped from the international warehouse.
Basically it ends up being like $50 or $60 which is probably still acceptable given the price of soldering stations in Canada. In which case I can also buy that other OEM you found on amazon; they have it in amazon.ca also at a comparable price to shipping it from HobbyKing.

Rik only listed a drama though? the 50 minute per episode part should have been well enough a sign.

I edited his post to include an anime I liked 
rolleyes.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586040/official-asian-anime-manga-and-music-lounge/85035#post_9674356

Users who are viewing this thread

Back