「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 3, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #85,007 of 177,745
Wait Tracey and Michelle plays WoT? 

Someone recced Killer Stall to me yesterday and I've been reading it on my phone ever since. Dunno why but think this could be a panda thing to read. Know he likes the Shin Angyo Onshi and the K-stuff, not sure if he's up for the modern stuff though.

Aug 3, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #85,009 of 177,745
There's currently Doom 2 duel finals on Quakecon. Pretty hardcore, especially since health/armor pickups don't respawn.

twitch.tv/quakecon

Again, tight match. A draw with two last frags in the last 5 seconds or so, and the final frag in the last second. o_O

Aug 3, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #85,010 of 177,745
Someone needs to fork this and name it the Kawaii Desktop. SO. MUCH. POTENTIAL. It's what I immediately thought of when I first looked at it.

(disclaimer - certainly not advocating arbitrary forks)

The least possibly related of programs are getting named after animu nowadays. Case in point...

Aug 3, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #85,011 of 177,745
Speed-read pupa, and... that's disgusting? Gurl, get on my level and go read Franken fran. And then get back to me. Or Gyo.

I was planning on reading Franken Fran too. But then there's so much for me to read. And watch. Ugh.

Current plans:

Watch:
Atsuhime (50 episodes, 50 minutes each, so it'll take some time)

Read:
Finish Shopenhauer's The World as Will and Representation
Finish Astro Boy
Reread Wittgenstein's Tractatus
Start Franken Fran, Battle Angle Alita, and some of the JoJo arcs (don't know which yet).

Aug 3, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #85,012 of 177,745
Quote:
I was planning on reading Franken Fran too. But then there's so much for me to read. And watch. Ugh.

Current plans:

Watch:
Legend of the Galactic Hero's (113 episodes, 24 minutes each, so it'll take some time)

Read:
Finish Shopenhauer's The World as Will and Representation
Finish Astro Boy
Reread Wittgenstein's Tractatus
Start Franken Fran, Battle Angle Alita, and some of the JoJo arcs (don't know which yet).

Tell me how you like it when you finish it! Then we can be BFFLS!

Aug 3, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #85,014 of 177,745
Quote:
Someone needs to fork this and name it the Kawaii Desktop. SO. MUCH. POTENTIAL. It's what I immediately thought of when I first looked at it.

(disclaimer - certainly not advocating arbitrary forks)

The least possibly related of programs are getting named after animu nowadays. Case in point...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dantalian

Of course it could be named after anime, but it doesn't seem like it's official what its named after. 

Also a fork would definitely not be arbitrary. It would will use random catgirl nyaas as sound effects for every action. It will be cool. 

Aug 3, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #85,015 of 177,745
Best Friends for Life's.

Gwi is a hauntingly good read after Killer Stall, no pun intented. 

After that, Sidonia no Kishi, and Saiyuki. For whatever reason I feel like I have to be at least reading something or otherwise I just don't belong, since I never follow the current watching seasons until way afterwards anyways.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dantalian

Of course it could be named after anime, but it doesn't seem like it's official what its named after. 

Also a fork would definitely not be arbitrary. It would will use random catgirl nyaas as sound effects for every action. It will be cool. 

Nah, he quotes the show in the man pages, not to mention the documentation page. He's on the ball...

Aug 3, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #85,016 of 177,745
Quote:
Quote:
He posted it on the thread... -_-

I bought and needed my current station over a year ago so no harsh feelings

How much was shipping?

About $6 if I remember right. It was super slow shipping but since their warehouse is in WA too, shipping didn't end up taking all that long!

Aug 3, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #85,018 of 177,745
Hmm that's what I meant :p

Had to google that, not good with model numbers. But no, doesn't look like that at all. The body is slicker, smoother, and curvier, extends all the way down to the stem.
Is it because the Kenwood has a weird nozzle size/shape that you can only use the stock tips? Sounds like the signature'd be nice though...

While you're down there, try and see if you can find one of the FAD buds (the cheapo ones) for the giggles. So terrible. Blue and gold colored, if I recall.

I would love you forever :D
But I'd have to call my friend about the pre-order first, not sure if he's still in town or what.

Well TDK makes way too many models that are replaced too quickly. The only one I know we both owned at some point aside from the BA200 is the MT300, that $3 one.

No the Kenwood has those thin nozzle, same as BA200 and Shure but a little shorter. I can use it with BA200 tips but basically the price I paid was for an no box all accessory included set... If they don't have the accessories then they should lower the price or provide me with at least a pair of tips (all I care for). The balance in sound is a little bit lacking in lower mids.

Eww FAD... They only start sounding good with a few specific models > $250. I think the most expensive model I tried actually sounded worse.

Aye... Not sure if they will be getting restock any time soon. On the other hand I DO have a 10% off one purchase at Musica since I visited their booth at the Headphone Festival back in May. I think it is %10.

Aug 3, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #85,020 of 177,745
Quote:
]

Finish what? And what do you mean with BFFLS?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bffl
Quote:
About $6 if I remember right. It was super slow shipping but since their warehouse is in WA too, shipping didn't end up taking all that long!

Wow thats pretty cheap!
Quote:
Ah that's what it was. I knew it probably meant that, but I couldn't match up the words to the acronym, so I thought I was misunderstanding.

Never a misunderstanding Rikkun
Quote:
I wonder how much it would cost for Panda to send one over to me... How much does it weight?

Sure :)

No idea.... I may just sell my own and buy one at the same time. 

1723g

Users who are viewing this thread

Back