「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 3, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #85,036 of 177,745
Quote:
I never thought the TJ Max temperature in Core Temp was an accurate one. Because mine shows 90C(like it does for almost every computer) and I know for a fact my CPU's is not even near 90C

If the temperatures are that far off. Your sensors may have problems? So it may be that you are getting a BSOD due to such a problem? Who knows what or if its even a BSOD. The only way to know if your CPU is overheating now is with an aftermarket fan controller with temp strips.

What? My TJMax is set to 75 degrees Celsius. Most of the time I hover around 4-20 degrees Celsius, even with a game like War Thunder open (although I only went to the hangar. My frames drop like a rock when zoomed in on fire like sometimes right after when I lose a plane and it zooms in on my plane which usually is flaming).

Only got a BSOD once or twice with no known issue and it has never popped up again.

I'll give reseating a shot but I don't really have anything to clean off my CPU and heatsink. I don't have any rubbing alcohol or the Arctic Silver TIM cleaner stuff laying around.

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #85,037 of 177,745
Quote:
Sensors on a lot of AMD parts are a bit finnicky. Like my hex core's temp readings in CoreTemp are a good 15℃ below what I'm pretty sure they are. 

Until you get around to fixing your heatsink, you could probably underclock. If you are too lazy to go into BIOS, play around with AOD. 

Meh. I'll give it a shot. This thing like to stay at 4GHz on every core.

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #85,038 of 177,745
Quote:
I edited his post to include an anime I liked 
rolleyes.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586040/official-asian-anime-manga-and-music-lounge/85035#post_9674356

OH.
Well then you mean this link then
http://www.head-fi.org/t/586040/official-asian-anime-manga-and-music-lounge/85035#post_9674365

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #85,039 of 177,745
Yes Bowei, I do a lot of soldering. I do a lot of xbox modding. These are all the stickers that I found showing the modchips I buy are authentic. And this isn't even half the modchips I've worked with...

And glorious crappy pic of my new soldering station because I'm too lazy to drag out my DSLR right now :p

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #85,040 of 177,745
Quote:
For the most part I don't agree with the discovery thread though. Most of the stuff are too bassy for my tastes.
And if memory serves me right, the cheapest IEM I've found with similar balance to the BA200 is the Audio Fly AF33 (or a number in the 30's). For a bit more bass just go up the ladder of numbers.

Never saw the afro guy to be honest, and I've been to both stores. Love the Osaka staff, they're super nice. The Tokyo ones probably get too much foreigners that they are super cold unless you can strike a proper audio conversation with them... which I can't. Audio lexicon in Japanese? I can't even manage it in French...

Gotta agree on that cheap FAD stuff. But the $250~$350 range did impress me, specially for classical/instrumental. Step into $400 and... no... just no.
Don't feel like buying a crap cheap one for the lulz though, I'm already going home with what...8 pairs of IEMs lol. Or more...
I'm not even a IEM person, but 3 headphone is already quite taxing for the luggage space.

Well. for now don't cancel it. They can't be had otherwise atm. If you came back earlier, might have been able to get you one for much cheaper :S
There's simply no second hand F111's anywhere...
Didn't know Musica's F111 were on preorder status though.

Hey, to each their own, right? I can appreciate some of their stuff like the S500 and the TDKs and the CKN70s, but otherwise, if it ain't Ety flat and Audeo smooth, I gotta tuck myself away and hide Cowoning.

I feel so mean for not remembering his name, since he was really really nice. Really endearing. 

Hey, I walked out that journey with UE900, 3.Ai, IE800, BA200, eQ-5 and like 5-6 more in hand. Join the club (the pitiful wallet-siphoning club that is).

Mmm, they just ran out right before the friend ordered :p Worst luck right here.

Damn I just posted about FreeTEMPO on the asian music thread and forgot about it here. You guys like that weirdo japanese smooth stuff right?

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #85,041 of 177,745
Quote:
What? My TJMax is set to 75 degrees Celsius. Most of the time I hover around 4-20 degrees Celsius, even with a game like War Thunder open (although I only went to the hangar. My frames drop like a rock when zoomed in on fire like sometimes right after when I lose a plane and it zooms in on my plane which usually is flaming).

Only got a BSOD once or twice with no known issue and it has never popped up again.

I'll give reseating a shot but I don't really have anything to clean off my CPU and heatsink. I don't have any rubbing alcohol or the Arctic Silver TIM cleaner stuff laying around.

I just meant that the TjMax mine is showing is not accurate.

I dont' either. My temps are a bit higher than before now...and tha'ts because of the lack of good thermal paste(I opened it up 2 days ago).

Quote:
OH.
Well then you mean this link then
http://www.head-fi.org/t/586040/official-asian-anime-manga-and-music-lounge/85035#post_9674365

Both :)
Quote:
Yes Bowei, I do a lot of soldering. I do a lot of xbox modding. These are all the stickers that I found showing the modchips I buy are authentic. And this isn't even half the modchips I've worked with...

And glorious crappy pic of my new soldering station because I'm too lazy to drag out my DSLR right now :p

Do you have a lot of exp with knowing if a station is good or if the iron is good?

I want to know what you think of it

HAHA! authentic stickers for hacks for unauthentic games!

SnK 17

For those who also read the manga(or did)
Is it just me, or did the manga NOT include Armin's opinion or thoughts that the running titan was also a human controlled one? If it didn't then this series is going head first into this!

Aug 3, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #85,042 of 177,745
I never thought the TJ Max temperature in Core Temp was an accurate one. Because mine shows 90C(like it does for almost every computer) and I know for a fact my CPU's is not even near 90C

TJunction Max isn't a reading from the CPU. It's the maximum allowable temperature of the CPU from TJunction. 

Possibly this has changed, but TJMax is the temperature of the CPU when the TJ register is zero (and the CPU will throttle or initiate a shutdown to try to save itself). 

Aug 3, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #85,043 of 177,745
Quote:
Quote:

Do you have a lot of exp with knowing if a station is good or if the iron is good?

I want to know what you think of it

HAHA! authentic stickers for hacks for unauthentic games!

Nope, this is all I've owned:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062728&retainProdsInSession=1&filterName=Brand&filterValue=RadioShack
For like $9 more, it's definitely worth getting the station. That being said, I haven't used this one much yet. Only to desolder some wires from a modchip. The tip is much smaller than the shack one which is nice for what I do, but I have to crank the temperature up really high in order to get stuff to melt in any decent time. I'm guessing this has to do with the small tip though...

Aug 3, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #85,044 of 177,745
Quote:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062728&retainProdsInSession=1&filterName=Brand&filterValue=RadioShack
For like $9 more, it's definitely worth getting the station. That being said, I haven't used this one much yet. Only to desolder some wires from a modchip. The tip is much smaller than the shack one which is nice for what I do, but I have to crank the temperature up really high in order to get stuff to melt in any decent time. I'm guessing this has to do with the small tip though...

Are you pre and post tinning the tip and using a brass cleaner? If not. Do it.

Xbox uses lead free and generally rosin free solder. This will kill the tip of your new solder station(may not matter much) soon.

Aug 3, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #85,046 of 177,745
Quote:
Quote:

Are you pre and post tinning the tip and using a brass cleaner? If not. Do it.

Xbox uses lead free and generally rosin free solder. This will kill the tip of your new solder station(may not matter much) soon.

I tinned the tip this morning when I first plugged it in. I"m using 62/36/2 solder on a mod chip, not the console itself.

Aug 3, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #85,047 of 177,745
Quote:
Hey, to each their own, right? I can appreciate some of their stuff like the S500 and the TDKs and the CKN70s, but otherwise, if it ain't Ety flat and Audeo smooth, I gotta tuck myself away and hide Cowoning.

I feel so mean for not remembering his name, since he was really really nice. Really endearing. 

Hey, I walked out that journey with UE900, 3.Ai, IE800, BA200, eQ-5 and like 5-6 more in hand. Join the club (the pitiful wallet-siphoning club that is).

Mmm, they just ran out right before the friend ordered :p Worst luck right here.

Right. But I just use it as reference that the stuff there very often is not to my tastes, hence I'll just DIY my own stuff. Or find stuff by trying a bunch, while I have the chance.

Well, lucky for you e-earphone actually posts their staff nicknames and pictures.
http://gigaplus.makeshop.jp/gcom1420/ShopInfo/ShopInfoOsaka.html
http://gigaplus.makeshop.jp/gcom1420/ShopInfo/ShopInfoAkiba.html
Was it yama-chan from Osaka? I know Dai-chan and Bon-chan have helped me a great deal there.
Speaking of Osaka staff... I think it was ruriruri that had a SnK picture on her nametag it was hilarious.

And speaking of SnK, the other day I saw a girl (dressed nicely and with a nice body) talking around the street with her friend... and wearing the skin-less titan mask/helmet. It was... quite the sight lol.

Dude I don't have that much moneyz to spend D: I wish I could... yet I'm still tempted... I need to keep some cash for my next trip here though. I'm not even sure I'll have a job when I get back to Montreal :S

And yeah worse timing indeed. It just ran out here too.

Aug 3, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #85,048 of 177,745
Quote:
I tinned the tip this morning when I first plugged it in. I"m using 62/36/2 solder on a mod chip, not the console itself.

ok makes sense. Soldering leadless solder poitns used by companies killed the tips of my generic solders. If the tip of your generic soldering iron died. You are basically out of luck (me twice) as you can't replace that schit. 

Aug 3, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #85,050 of 177,745
Quote:
Quote:

ok makes sense. Soldering leadless solder poitns used by companies killed the tips of my generic solders. If the tip of your generic soldering iron died. You are basically out of luck (me twice) as you can't replace that schit. 

Ah, like I care now that I can get replacement tips really easily! XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back