「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 3, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #84,976 of 177,747
Shave it off completely?

Hmm why not try a different beard "style" first?

I'm asking myself the same question almost every month, but everyone keeps telling me that I would not be the same person without a beard :D

I might try something different in the future though....

I think I should probably at least shorten it, as I kinda look like a homeless guy right now according to some.

Aug 3, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #84,978 of 177,747
Europeans fit much better with styled beards than Asian, making me infinitely sad. So try trimming them down to some style first, IMO.

Yeah, I think I should.
Though one of the problems with my beard is that there is no connection from the neck to the mustache, which makes the majority of popular beard styles impossible.

Aug 3, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #84,980 of 177,747
Quote:
No. Cloud backups. You need to cloud backup your beard. If you are on a business trip or something and suddenly need your beard again, if it is sitting on your computer at home, it will be a pain to access it. 

Better yet. Use clouds as backups for your beard. I mean they're floating all over the place, you'll never have a shortage.

And they happen to be so fluffy too. It'll be like you having a cloud nesting on your face. Oh wait...

Aug 3, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #84,981 of 177,747
Finished the live action drama of Nodame Cantabile.
It was pretty good, though it wasn't very serious and the acting isn't too good either. But what they did really well is that the actors could actually play instrument really well, or in the very least, act really well like they're playing an instrument. Which is pretty impressive, given they have scenes with entire orchestra's playing, and the movements they're making are perfectly in sync with the music, so I doubt they're faking it.

Aug 3, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #84,982 of 177,747
Quote:
Yup.
The computer is dusty in some parts but basically no dust at the vitals (heatsinks).
Yes it posts. Chipset driver is up to date IIRC.

Temps are normal. Hovers between 20-40 degrees Celsius.

The thing is that it's just the screen that goes black and the computer stays on so I'm really confused about what's happening. Overheat usually causes a forced shutdown as far as I remember.
Well I am. Ki-61-lb.
This.
Yup. Remember when I used to read every single post? Yup. All of that time...
Looks so boss.

I've had that a few times. It is usually a BSOD but the bsod screen doesn't show for who knows what reason. If the temp was exceeded, full system shut down would have happened. 

You may have plugged something new into it(but forget and can't think of it right now). Unplug that shiz.

Quote:
Still working on my stupid SSD!
10 hours and counting :wink:

I spent that same amount of time on my Gunpla yesterday

Why is it taking you so long? Just do fresh installs and move all your files back and use ninite to install the mass majority of your apps.
Quote:
I did a clean install. Fresh OS, copied all my music, pictures etc over from the HDD to SSD, formated the HDD and put all the stuff from the SSD back on the HDD.
All good now!
Now I just need to reinstall all my games and Lightroom ♥

ok good.
Quote:
Serious and honest problem:

Should I shave of my beard or not?

Depends on if you care or not.

You, with a shaved beard, suave haircut and clean face am actually a pretty good looking European. But of course, depends on if you care or not. If you don't, keep it and have fun with da beard.
Quote:
Finished the live action drama of Nodame Cantabile.
It was pretty good, though it wasn't very serious and the acting isn't too good either. But what they did really well is that the actors could actually play instrument really well, or in the very least, act really well like they're playing an instrument. Which is pretty impressive, given they have scenes with entire orchestra's playing, and the movements they're making are perfectly in sync with the music, so I doubt they're faking it.

How do you like the anime?

Aug 3, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #84,983 of 177,747
Ueno Juri (playing Nodame) can muster a few notes IRL

I'm not too sure about the violinists though...
The extras are usually all from the Tokyo Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra.

Aug 3, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #84,985 of 177,747
Is it just me, or is Japan lacking in actors?

Jin and Atsuhime both share a lot of actors.
Nodame Cantabile and Densha Otoko also share a lot of actors. Though the former two definitely more so than the latter two. But I guess that's because they're both jidaigeki.

Aug 3, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #84,986 of 177,747
The supporting casts are similar because for a large part, the production of these shows are formulaic. And they go with what works. Let's say you've come across a new show this season, and the first episode just came out. If say, one sees the person playing the mother for one of the main characters in one of their favourite show, play the mother for the character of a main character in the new show, the little sense of trivia feel endearing to them, and can greatly aide in the popularity of the show.

And a large part of this will eventually lead to typecasting. But with minor actor/actresses, this can be a plus for them. You can thank the really obessive-fanbase niches for making the system work as well as it does. These "saesang" fans really get into the nitty gritty details and enjoy pointing out all the background details and extras (I'd have to admit that I do as well), and the writers and staff really enjoy putting them in/exploit them, however you want to look at it.

But the mass majority of supporting extras will go unnoticed, and that's where the less-than-savoury underbelly of the industry rears it's ugly face. http://vaultofdoom.wordpress.com/2012/11/23/the-yeouido-observer-006-show-me-the-money/#more-1625
(gotta be honest, found this article off of AKF)

Aug 3, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #84,987 of 177,747
Quote:
Quote:
Ooh, nice desu ne~
I just got my Hakko 936 clone in today! XD
Wait what? Are you saying Accel World is like To Kill a Mockingbird? 
I'm on a really annoying arc atm frankly.
The one with the arse hole who steals schiit from everyone. Why is he so evil?
Then they just pull it out of nowhere that he can fly if he really tries? Lame.
Oh, and I still hate the MC with a passion. Or rather the way they draw him as a chibi.
And the voice actor is completely wrong...

No not even close to the quality of TKAM

Im just saying that it features motofs, themes, and elements of executtion that seperate it slightly from the trash.

You solder that much?

Oh okay, that makes much more sense now :) 
Huh, I guess I really haven't been keeping track of all the motifs and such in AW. I'll have to keep a lookout.
Dude, it was $16 plus shipping... And yes I do a lot of soldering for modifying xboxes. Which I'll have to do three of next week.
Quote:
Quote:
Heh, yes indeed I did.
When are you coming down to Seattle bruh? We will have massive parties in my new dorm when I go there in late Sept

Moving east possibly next month, bruh, not sure I'll still be here. Depends on what happens.

Oh wow, well good luck on the east side!
Need to lighten your load of CDs or headphones before you leave? 
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #84,988 of 177,747
The supporting casts are similar because for a large part, the production of these shows are formulaic. And they go with what works. Let's say you've come across a new show this season, and the first episode just came out. If say, one sees the person playing the mother for one of the main characters in one of their favourite show, play the mother for the character of a main character in the new show, the little sense of trivia feel endearing to them, and can greatly aide in the popularity of the show.

And a large part of this will eventually lead to typecasting. But with minor actor/actresses, this can be a plus for them. You can thank the really obessive-fanbase niches for making the system work as well as it does. These "saesang" fans really get into the nitty gritty details and enjoy pointing out all the background details and extras (
I'd have to admit that I do as well)
, and the writers and staff really enjoy putting them in/exploit them, however you want to look at it.

But the mass majority of supporting extras will go unnoticed, and that's where the less-than-savoury underbelly of the industry rears it's ugly face. 
http://vaultofdoom.wordpress.com/2012/11/23/the-yeouido-observer-006-show-me-the-money/#more-1625

(gotta be honest, found this article off of AKF)

I see.

Well it doesn't really bother me that much. Although in Nodame it did, because an important character had an actor who played a really annoying and stereotypical role in another show.

Aug 3, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #84,989 of 177,747
Quote:
Oh okay, that makes much more sense now :) 
Huh, I guess I really haven't been keeping track of all the motifs and such in AW. I'll have to keep a lookout.
Dude, it was $16 plus shipping... And yes I do a lot of soldering for modifying xboxes. Which I'll have to do three of next week.
tongue_smile.gif

Link!?

This is the only clone I know of
http://www.amazon.com/Aoyue-936-AOYUE-Soldering-Station/dp/B000VINMRO/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1375575852&sr=8-9&keywords=soldering+station

and it is $44

Aug 3, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #84,990 of 177,747
Quote:
I see.

Well it doesn't really bother me that much. Although in Nodame it did, because an important character had an actor who played a really annoying and stereotypical role in another show.

Not sure which one you're referring to, but I know of a completely opposite case - Keisuke (the guy playing the afro-haired timpani player who loves Chaiki) who usually plays amazingly cool and suave guys.

Oh wait, he was in JIN as well. Are you referring to him?

Quote:
tongue_smile.gif

Too late - have to pay for that new laptop somehow....
If you want a broken HD580 though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back