「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 3, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #84,961 of 177,745
Yo Bowei,

Watching TV, you?  Miss this thread.

Hey Tilpo, about the MIU-TECH amplifier.  I hate reviewing "less good" stuff, I'm just not so good at it, but I bought it on the condition to review it, so I will, very soon, on my new "blog", and email Miu-tech, just to get that out of the way... :wink:
Please tell me you finished Code geass

Aug 3, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #84,962 of 177,745
Quote:
Again?
frown.gif

Yup.
Quote:
:x I'm sorry to hear that, mine still works and in three weeks she'll get a good cleaning! I start my Computer Networking classes <3 

The computer is dusty in some parts but basically no dust at the vitals (heatsinks).
Quote:
Does it POST? If it at least posts, you should be in better shape than others.

Driver update for southbridge and or northbridge or a combo chipset update pack?

I'm sure you are doing it now, but I would be using core temp to monitor the temps. 

Yes it posts. Chipset driver is up to date IIRC.

Temps are normal. Hovers between 20-40 degrees Celsius.

The thing is that it's just the screen that goes black and the computer stays on so I'm really confused about what's happening. Overheat usually causes a forced shutdown as far as I remember.
Quote:
Well... no I am not in a plane... neither am I in a tank...

Well I am. Ki-61-lb.
Quote:
Hmm I just noticed Boris has surpassed me in post count. Well done.

Quote:
frown.gif
 The old days Rikkun, the old days....

This.
Quote:
I'm not the least bit happy..... show how much of my life I have wasted on here....

Quote:
Yep.

Every second on head-fi is a second less you could have spent on doing something productive.

Yup. Remember when I used to read every single post? Yup. All of that time...
Quote:
AMAGAWD! Dark saber animated for the very first time!

Looks so boss.

Aug 3, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #84,964 of 177,745
Hey Tilpo, about the MIU-TECH amplifier.  I hate reviewing "less good" stuff, I'm just not so good at it, but I bought it from you on the condition to review it - so I will - very soon, on my new "blog", and email Miu-tech to notify them, just to get that out of the way... :wink:

That's good to hear.
I almost thought you'd have betrayed my trust. :wink:

In truth I almost forgot about that thing. I've pretty much completely withdrawn myself from all this headphone stuff.

Yup. Remember when I used to read every single post? Yup. All of that time...

I read every post, now that it's vacation time.
Plus, this thread's only at about a quarter of the activity compared to it's peak times. The times when I was consistently in the top 10 of 1, 7 and 30 days.

Aug 3, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #84,965 of 177,745
Quote:
The computer is dusty in some parts but basically no dust at the vitals (heatsinks).

I don't want to know how dusty mine is... actually not that tbh, but with 5 months and no cleaning... I should b flogged.

Non the less OMG guys, I'm getting a K550 soon [screw the mads dogs] and another Hm 601 [I loved my old one and SD cards are SO easy and Cheap, SDHC Mirco Cards sacre me]

that being said... I'm going to use the k550 as a total all around portable... which amp should I go with, E12 or Jds C5? I want as neutral as possible un bass boosted, and then as TIGHT and DEEP bass as I can get Bass Boosted.

What irrates me is my old Cheap E11 was the bass boost amp and the old cheap JDS cMoy was the Dt 880 [not bass boosting] amp... so I worry I'll end up with both the C5 and the E12 like I did b4 witht he cheaper models. Non the less I'm wondering which to get first... I'm sure the C5 will pair GREAT with the K550 BUT when I want SUPER bass, how will it do with my Dt 990s which will also be lugged around at some point, Then going to the DT 990s I know the fiio will ROCK the 990s but how clean will it be with the K550 q.q

any suggestions, and ofc I want as close to DT 880 sound sig as I can get but in a closed can [which btw after a little modding n pad swapping, my w1000x are very clean <3. They are much tighter in bass n mids and well I'm happy :D] So that being said the K550 might not get much home use as the w1000x wins that spot, 

Aug 3, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #84,967 of 177,745

I don't want to know how dusty mine is... actually not that tbh, but with 5 months and no cleaning... I should b flogged.

Non the less OMG guys, I'm getting a K550 soon [screw the mads dogs] and another Hm 601 [I loved my old one and SD cards are SO easy and Cheap, SDHC Mirco Cards sacre me]

that being said... I'm going to use the k550 as a total all around portable... which amp should I go with, E12 or Jds C5? I want as neutral as possible un bass boosted, and then as TIGHT and DEEP bass as I can get Bass Boosted.

What irrates me is my old Cheap E11 was the bass boost amp and the old cheap JDS cMoy was the Dt 880 [not bass boosting] amp... so I worry I'll end up with both the C5 and the E12 like I did b4 witht he cheaper models. Non the less I'm wondering which to get first... I'm sure the C5 will pair GREAT with the K550 BUT when I want SUPER bass, how will it do with my Dt 990s which will also be lugged around at some point, Then going to the DT 990s I know the fiio will ROCK the 990s but how clean will it be with the K550 q.q

any suggestions, and ofc I want as close to DT 880 sound sig as I can get but in a closed can [which btw after a little modding n pad swapping, my w1000x are very clean <3. They are much tighter in bass n mids and well I'm happy :D] So that being said the K550 might not get much home use as the w1000x wins that spot, 

C5 yo. E12 is coloured and the bass boost isn't the cleanest.

Aug 3, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #84,969 of 177,745
My Persona 4 save is gone :'(
That sucks major balls.

I restored it!
I'm the queen of the crop (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)

Aug 3, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #84,971 of 177,745
Quote:
Migrating my OS and all my data to my new SSD is the worst thing ever.
So many things I could do wrong ^o^

If you're copying things one by one it's probably going to be messy. Why not just backup all the files if you don't want to clean install? Less of a hassle, everything guaranteed to work since it's the same hardware. Rsync, that's all I can say...

Quote:
Nope, they don't have demos on sale.. they just have second hands once in a while, depending on the model.
As for the C435, they had second hand one before that totally didn't fit me (so reshell would have to be done... and FitEars doesn't do reshells). They don't even have a semi-universal C435 in stores.

Hmm that's what I meant :p

Could it be the EB900 then? I don't think the uppers on those were that good... I can't remember :S
But in the end I bought a second hand Kenwood KH-C701 for around $50... the balance is like the BA200, but single BA and not as warm, a bit more clarity.
Though the stuff says it comes with all accessories (extra earpiece, extra filter, filter changing tool, carrying case and clip) but it only came with one ear tip (foam ones that make it sound terrible) and the shirt clip... I guess I'll have to go back to E-Earphone and have them settle the missing pieces. If they're not there, I hope they can at least provide me an extra compatible ear tip just cause. Or lower the price, i.e. partial refund. Sigh. Not that any of that would matter once I DIYcombine them but still.

Had to google that, not good with model numbers. But no, doesn't look like that at all. The body is slicker, smoother, and curvier, extends all the way down to the stem.
Is it because the Kenwood has a weird nozzle size/shape that you can only use the stock tips? Sounds like the signature'd be nice though...

While you're down there, try and see if you can find one of the FAD buds (the cheapo ones) for the giggles. So terrible. Blue and gold colored, if I recall.

What... $599?
Musica prices are pretty high up there by the way.
I'm in Japan right now and I'd gladly be the middleman for your F111 purchase for $599 LOL
(PM me if you wanna work anything out btw, the F111 are the only FitEars in stock... I take that back, looks like they're out of stock ever since Head-Fi started to hype them?)

I would love you forever :D
But I'd have to call my friend about the pre-order first, not sure if he's still in town or what.

Quote:
Heh, yes indeed I did.
When are you coming down to Seattle bruh? We will have massive parties in my new dorm when I go there in late Sept

Moving east possibly next month, bruh, not sure I'll still be here. Depends on what happens.

Aug 3, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #84,972 of 177,745
I did a clean install. Fresh OS, copied all my music, pictures etc over from the HDD to SSD, formated the HDD and put all the stuff from the SSD back on the HDD.
All good now!
Now I just need to reinstall all my games and Lightroom ♥

Aug 3, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #84,974 of 177,745
Quote:
Should I shave of my beard or not?

As long as you keep a couple of backups on your HDD I don't see why not...

Gonzo's Raideen is so....damn

It's not exactly the best show/remake, but it's fun to see what they did with the old stuff. 

Aug 3, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #84,975 of 177,745
Quote:
Serious and honest problem:

Should I shave of my beard or not?

Shave it off completely?
Hmm why not try a different beard "style" first?
I'm asking myself the same question almost every month, but everyone keeps telling me that I would not be the same person without a beard :D
I might try something different in the future though....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back