「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 20, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #36,935 of 177,745
Quote:
What is triumph of the will?

A German nazi propaganda movie from 1935. It's really great visually (camerawork is still top-notch), can be considered really influential to both cinema and propaganda/PR (it was one of the first movies that could be considered a blockbuster - both in budget and success, had a fresh approach to using music in movies etc.), but on the other hand it's bloated, monotonous and downright boring. It basically follows a scheme "Germans are marching -> Hitler speaks" for about 2 hours and it's almost painful to watch after the first 15 minutes.

This movie has practically no content, it's just visuals (and that's not enough). But it served its purpose - 700000 people shouting "Sieg Heil" on visually great shots most likely had an impact on many Germans that otherwise had no interest in politics.

It's a bad movie to just watch, however it's great to analyze and discuss (the screening - BTW it's forbidden to show it publicly in Poland unless you have an explicit permission from the Institute Of National Remembrance and the movies were borrowed directly from German National Archives - was part of some cultural festival with this year's theme being "Cinema And Totalitarism" and was followed by a discussion)...

Oct 20, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #36,937 of 177,745
SAO 16 was...wow...I liked it a lot.

Although, it was basically the same thing as Kirito fighting the PKers in SAO. Still, a very good episode. I'm speechless.

Oct 20, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #36,938 of 177,745
So quick question, anyone have a recommendation for a headphone stand? I can't seem to find one I like very much, but I don't want to put $1000+ headphones on the table after I'm done with them. Even less so when I consider they are LE. Any suggestions?

Oct 20, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #36,939 of 177,745
Oh, also for SAO 16, you will get to see the return of a beloved person.

YUI! You also get to see Egil again. Apparently he's the owner of a bar. No Klein yet.

Oct 20, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #36,941 of 177,745
Quote:
So quick question, anyone have a recommendation for a headphone stand? I can't seem to find one I like very much, but I don't want to put $1000+ headphones on the table after I'm done with them. Even less so when I consider they are LE. Any suggestions?

Cheap stands: Fiio HS1, various Chinese eBay stands, Tam Audio stands, hose hooks from the hardware store, those silver plastic looking ones from Best Buy I think it was

Sort of expensive stands: Woo Audio

Expensive stands: H.A.L. Woodworking stand, genuine Omega stand, genuine Audio Technica stand

Oct 20, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #36,943 of 177,745
Quote:
@haiburi
Lol they look like your type of matte style
Sao 16... Meh. I already read the ln so it wasnt too big

Eh, they're too bulky.

Well, you already read it so yup, it's not as exciting, but I've never read it or seen it. I just rewatched it and wow...well, not reading it makes it so much more amazing when I watch it, even though the LN is probably better as far as description goes like thoughts of a person which they usually cut out in the anime.

Oct 20, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #36,944 of 177,745
Quote:
Aren't most stands bad for the pads?

I imagine it depends on the specific headphones (pad type, clamp force) and stand (shape, materials). Some of them are shaped in a way where the pads don't touch any part of the stand, or they have a flat surface. My Fiio stand has edges that will touch the pads, but it didn't leave any marks or anything in the AD2000 pads at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back