「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 20, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #36,901 of 177,750
Quote:

A friend saw my drawings and he wanted one just for him. Well this is it and I'm pleased with the finished result.

Nice drawing :D

Oct 20, 2012 at 8:19 AM Post #36,902 of 177,750
I've said that JoJo's BA is the anime of the season for me. I'm wrong. IT'S ANIME OF THE YEAR! SOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOOD!! COMEONTHENEXTEPISODEALREADYTIMEANDSPACE!

It's. Just. Too. Epic. This is another Gurren Lagann for me, and now it's something that I truly care. This is the Gurren Lagann of Gurren Lagann!! And now I have a 10/10 shonen.

Oct 20, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #36,903 of 177,750
@deadly
You can build your super overkill PSU with a mercury vapour electron tubes that glows blue. 
biggrin.gif

Awwwwwh yeaaaahhhhhh. 
tongue.gif

Quote:
I've said that JoJo's BA is the anime of the season for me. I'm wrong. IT'S ANIME OF THE YEAR! SOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOOD!! COMEONTHENEXTEPISODEALREADYTIMEANDSPACE!
It's. Just. Too. Epic. This is another Gurren Lagann for me, and now it's something that I truly care. This is the Gurren Lagann of Gurren Lagann!! And now I have a 10/10 shonen.

Okay, I need to get around to watching that ASAP.

Oct 20, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #36,904 of 177,750
Also, keep in mind that I really love JoJo, despite it's artwork, both very early version of it and the latest style. It's the same irrational love that I have for TTGL, SZS and Madoka Magica. It's just... did something that I love. Of course if I were to dissect a bit why I love JoJo BA, it may be because of the campiness of the anime. Also combined with the great use of CG for the OP.

Really I thought of giving TTGL a 10/10, but there's something that's keeping it a 9/10. JoJo just touched me (giggity), and I love it.

Oct 20, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #36,906 of 177,750
Psycho-Pass is growing to be a hit for me this season. BUT!
There's another annoying piece of squeaky-voiced technology-avatar, and even more annoying than the stupid gun! I also didn't expect that the world in Psycho-Pass to be kind of cheerful, but considering the need for its citizen to be always have a positive mental state, it's no wonder that it's like this. Also very awesome show of holographic technology. The inspector's apartment must cost quite a fortune to have a digital avatar-butler there and the holo-skin thing to change the apartment into some hotel room. And dat clothing tech. So awesome. It's not the authoritarian grimdark cyberpunk setting that I expected, but it's a utopian authoritarian cyberpunk setting. Very nice.

Oct 20, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #36,907 of 177,750
Quote:
Psycho-Pass is growing to be a hit for me this season. BUT!
There's another annoying piece of squeaky-voiced technology-avatar, and even more annoying than the stupid gun! I also didn't expect that the world in Psycho-Pass to be kind of cheerful, but considering the need for its citizen to be always have a positive mental state, it's no wonder that it's like this. Also very awesome show of holographic technology. The inspector's apartment must cost quite a fortune to have a digital avatar-butler there and the holo-skin thing to change the apartment into some hotel room. And dat clothing tech. So awesome. It's not the authoritarian grimdark cyberpunk setting that I expected, but it's a utopian authoritarian cyberpunk setting. Very nice.

Maybe THAT'S why people have high psycho-passes.
but really.... I'd go nuts if my computer talks to me eyeryday.....

The long awaited HDAC measurements are finally in!
But do keep in mind that these measurements are for BOTH the HDAC AND the E-MU 0204.

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #36,912 of 177,750
Quote:
What's the highest sampling rate can Project-H support? Thinking of getting Muse's new album in hyper-res (it's something ridiculous l ike 96k of something).

24/96 for Coax.
16/48 for USB

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #36,913 of 177,750
Quote:
It is for most people. But some of the more experienced modders also have had the chance to listen to STAX, and god bless them, Orpheus and baby Orpheus. So to them the stock sound is ****ty, but they could see the potential locked behind that undamped closed cup. And so far 4 people have managed to unlock that potential into 4 different great aspects: the Thunderpants, the community-shared DBV #3 from BMF, the somewhat commercial Mad Dogs, and the mindbogglingly (or so it is said) neutral Paradox.
Some already did. They have no illusion that it could ever match it, but they did say that it's probably some of the most cheapest to get a very great neutral sound. Although from what I gather, STAX is not all neutral all the way though. LFF, and few others said so, that they treat the Paradox as a 'palette cleanser' of sorts.

Yup. I've read the exact same things. Still, for $99, this is seriously good. Too bad they're not $75 anymore. I don't know why more people don't recommend/buy these just to use them stock. By memory, I like these at least as much, but mostly way the heck more than DT770, HM5, Uptown, SRH440, V6, TMA-1 (those last two really suck anyway IMO though, and in quality not sound sig). I shudder to think what the Paradox might sound like. Though the goodness of stock also makes me afraid of the possibility of diminishing returns.

Sorry everyone for hyping the crap out of this. Not that they don't have flaws, because they definitely do. I hate hype, but I can't help but enjoy these a lot.

Quote:
@manveru
Congrats on double HS.

Oh yeah, I didn't even notice last night, haha.

Quote:
Finally, my Fostex T50RP has finally arrived.

And damn, for the price, they sound absolutely great!
It has excellent detail retrieval, punchy bass and a sublime midrange although they do come with flaws. First of all, it's not very comfy. Second, the bass is punchy but it lacks at the lower frequencies and last, its treble seems a bit rolled off but I'm really excited and can't wait to mod them. Problem is, I don't know where to buy the materials...
Oh and I'll leave this.

A friend saw my drawings and he wanted one just for him. Well this is it and I'm pleased with the finished result.

beerchug.gif
 Even though I plan to send them off for modding, I put a suspension headband and stuffed the backs of the pads so the drivers don't press my ears for the time being. The bass is rolled off stock, but they have big potential. I scared myself with sub bass EQ the other day.

I think BMF has links to materials in his incremental mods and measurements thread. You can find it through the T50RP wiki or search.

Cool drawing.

Quote:

The long awaited HDAC measurements are finally in!
But do keep in mind that these measurements are for BOTH the HDAC AND the E-MU 0204.

Hm. Rather disheartening. I wonder how much of that exactly is the EMU? Some of the cheap audio interfaces can be quite noisy...I'm biased in how I want the results to turn out of course, but still...

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #36,914 of 177,750
Quote:
@Project-H
Just ordered the rest of the electronic components.
Along with Graph and Jgrey's power supply, That an extra $10.46 for graph and $10.00 for Jgrey. (don't ask me why europlug is cheaper....)

Bad news... I just found out that there's a routing error in the control PCB and I have to get it made again...
This sets me back $26.25 and 6 working days...

O_o; routing error? :c. Isn't that like the fault of whoever you bought it off of?

@the numbers; no idea what those mean wait for bowei to give like a 1000 word explanation. 

@t50rps; shoo I don't want to spend anymore money right now :x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back