「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 20, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #36,916 of 177,750
Quote:
Jeans are not meant to be run in...
Otherwise they are imo the most comfortable type of cloth to wear. Though I still think that a good pair of jeans (any type of cloths, really) is just ridiculously expensive.

Exactly. But I like to run around even when wearing long pants so I want something that's light, durable, and comfortable. Denim feels very stiff and heavy, but it's pretty durable...still, I don't like how they feel but I can't find any other pants with such a dark color or durability except for some black khakis/uniform pants.
Quote:
Finally, my Fostex T50RP has finally arrived.

*snip*

And damn, for the price, they sound absolutely great!
It has excellent detail retrieval, punchy bass and a sublime midrange although they do come with flaws. First of all, it's not very comfy. Second, the bass is punchy but it lacks at the lower frequencies and last, its treble seems a bit rolled off but I'm really excited and can't wait to mod them. Problem is, I don't know where to buy the materials...
Oh and I'll leave this.

*snip*

A friend saw my drawings and he wanted one just for him. Well this is it and I'm pleased with the finished result.

*drools*

Nice drawing.
Quote:
I wonder if everyone in Psycho-Pass's world is a Fuura Kafuka, only with different levels of awesomitude severity.

LOL.
Quote:
Hm. Rather disheartening. I wonder how much of that exactly is the EMU? Some of the cheap audio interfaces can be quite noisy...I'm biased in how I want the results to turn out of course, but still...

This.

I don't really care too much tbh.
Quote:
BTW the HDAC is virtually Project-H sans casing right? Or am I wrong?

What?

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #36,917 of 177,750
Quote:

Hm. Rather disheartening. I wonder how much of that exactly is the EMU? Some of the cheap audio interfaces can be quite noisy...I'm biased in how I want the results to turn out of course, but still...

Well, unless you plan on buying me a multi-thousand dolor measurement system we'd never know... 

Quote:

O_o; routing error? :c. Isn't that like the fault of whoever you bought it off of?

It's my fault.... because I designed it.... lol

Quote:
BTW the HDAC is virtually Project-H sans casing right? Or am I wrong?

?????

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #36,919 of 177,750
Quote:
Well, unless you plan on buying me a multi-thousand dolor measurement system we'd never know... 

True. 
biggrin.gif
 Later on I can try taking some more measurements on a few of the interfaces I have access to though.

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #36,924 of 177,750
Quote:
I may look into the t50rp
How much is the cheapest good mod?

Do you mean DIY, or something somebody else builds for you? The materials to do it yourself shouldn't be too expensive on their own, but they will probably add up considerably if you go all out and use most/all of them. Here's that part of BMF's thread I mentioned earlier:

Sources for Modding Materials and Current Prices (July 2012)

Grodan Rock Wool Get the slab or the 4x4x3 inch cubes (6-pack) Without holes. ~ $12.00 to $16.00.  Also: Dynamat, FatMat, Silverstone Acoustic Foam (Similar to Paxmate Plus).

Fiberglass: Johns Manville (JM) yellow fiberglass at Lowes or Owens-Corning (O-C) pink fiberglass at Home Depot.  Each comes in a small roll 2x16x48 inches for ~ $5.00.  I used JM Fiberglass, which is more resilient than O-C fiberglass, for all Incremental Mods and Measurements. Also:  3/4" Masking Tape, Super Glue, mini screwdrivers, etc.

Transpore Tape labeled: "3M clear flexible plastic tape" and available at most drug stores. A 3/4" width roll in a dispenser is more convenient for ~ $5.00. A 1" width roll is cheaper for ~ $3.00.

3/4" Masking Tape: Anywhere for ~ $2.00.

Stiff Craft Felt for ~ $1.00 per 8.5x11 inch sheet. Also: Acid-free double sided tape, 3/4" masking tape, plasticine, rubber cement (Acid-free), X-axto knife, Super Glue for repairing stripped cup threads, Hot Glue, Limp Felt, Self-adhesive Felt, etc. 

Aleene's "Fabric Fusion" peel & stick double sided tape from Michaels and from Amazon for $7.99.

100% Wool Felt:  Hobby Lobby for ~ $4.00. Density is Not uniform. May be available at fabric stores.

Acoustipack Lite for ~ $25.00  Also, Here for ~ $28.00.

Paxmate Plus for ~ $17.00.

Newplast Scroll down. ~ $21 for one, 500 gram bar includes shipping to USA. Cheaper per bar if you order 3 bars. 

If you can find it, get "Rite Aid Natural Absorbent Cotton" that comes in a roll for ~ $5.00 which is what I used for all Incremental Mods and Measurements. Alternatives that may work include "Rite Aid First Aid Rolled Cotton" for ~ $5.00, "London Drugs Absorbent Cotton Roll" for ~ CAD $6.95, and "U.S. Cotton Absorbent Cotton Roll" 2-pack for ~ $12.00, each weighing one pound. Cotton makeup remover pads and ordinary cotton balls pulled lengthwise may also work.

Note: Rite Aid Natural Absorbent Cotton is available as of October 16, 2012 at the Rite Aid online store for $5.79 per box. Thanks ktan3142. This is "the good stuff." Get it while you can.

Shure 840 Pads Currently for ~ $15.50 per pair.

Fischer FA-003 pads  Ask for Billy for ~ $25.00 per pair.

The entire thread is a great read actually:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/618659/fostex-t50rp-incremental-mods-and-measurements

Users who are viewing this thread

Back