「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 20, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #36,946 of 177,750
Quote:

I imagine it depends on the specific headphones (pad type, clamp force) and stand (shape, materials). Some of them are shaped in a way where the pads don't touch any part of the stand, or they have a flat surface. My Fiio stand has edges that will touch the pads, but it didn't leave any marks or anything in the AD2000 pads at all.

I guess in that case I should specify the headphones I am getting the stand for. They are actually two headphones but have almost the exact same design.  The one at home I will be using, and probably almost always on the stand will be the ATH-W3000ANV, and the one that will be rarely on the stand (since it shall be my on the go headphones) is an ATH-W1000 (yes I shall be using a full sized headphone on the go.)

Oct 20, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #36,947 of 177,750
Quote:
I guess in that case I should specify the headphones I am getting the stand for. They are actually two headphones but have almost the exact same design.  The one at home I will be using, and probably almost always on the stand will be the ATH-W3000ANV, and the one that will be rarely on the stand (since it shall be my on the go headphones) is an ATH-W1000 (yes I shall be using a full sized headphone on the go.)

Do you have a budget for the stand? Do you want something fancy or something cheap? Wood? Metal?

Oct 20, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #36,948 of 177,750
Also, with the Audio Technicas, you have to be careful that you get something tall enough. When they're resting on the metal headband bars, they take up a lot more room than a lot of other headphones.

Oct 20, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #36,950 of 177,750
Finished my homework. I'm getting quicker and quicker at writing stuff with LaTeX. I wrote three pages with a lot of math in under 2 hours.

I'll go to bed in a 15-30 min, so I won't have time to watch anime today. Luckily there is tomorrow to do that, since I don't have any homework left anyway.

I've said that JoJo's BA is the anime of the season for me. I'm wrong. IT'S ANIME OF THE YEAR! SOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOOD!! COMEONTHENEXTEPISODEALREADYTIMEANDSPACE!
It's. Just. Too. Epic. This is another Gurren Lagann for me, and now it's something that I truly care. This is the Gurren Lagann of Gurren Lagann!! And now I have a 10/10 shonen.

Better than Jinrui? :frowning2:

For me this year Sakamichi was best, Jinrui runner up. On the awesomeness scale Space bros is best this year, I think. I'll watch JoJo tomorrow. Seeing you talk about it, it kinda reminds me of GTO, which was pure awesomeness.

Oct 20, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #36,952 of 177,750
Finished my homework. I'm getting quicker and quicker at writing stuff with LaTeX. I wrote three pages with a lot of math in under 2 hours.

I'll go to bed in a 15-30 min, so I won't have time to watch anime today. Luckily there is tomorrow to do that, since I don't have any homework left anyway.

I've said that JoJo's BA is the anime of the season for me. I'm wrong. IT'S ANIME OF THE YEAR! SOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOODSOGOOD!! COMEONTHENEXTEPISODEALREADYTIMEANDSPACE!
It's. Just. Too. Epic. This is another Gurren Lagann for me, and now it's something that I truly care. This is the Gurren Lagann of Gurren Lagann!! And now I have a 10/10 shonen.

Better than Jinrui? :frowning2:

For me this year Sakamichi was best, Jinrui runner up. On the awesomeness scale Space bros is best this year, I think. I'll watch JoJo tomorrow. Seeing you talk about it, it kinda reminds me of GTO, which was pure awesomeness.

Until you asked this, Jinrui didn't even crossed my mind. Wow. This is tough. Have to check back again when JoJo's BA is finished this season. Hope that it does really well and the BDs or whatever after the season does really well too for any chance of sequel. I don't want a SZS for a JoJo series. It's just too tragic to see another series joins SZS.

Man. It really is a hard choice. If I were to create some categories, then it would be easy. But that's cheating.

I don't know. For an anime that's adapted that I have no prior knowledge of, Jinrui definitely. But for an adaptation from a series that I do know prior, JoJo easily. In fact, based on the latter criterion, JoJo wins even against the Most Vaunted, Most Venerable SZS, since I know of SZS anime first before manga.

In fact, from the top of my head, this is the only instance that I know of manga first before it's adapted.

Oct 20, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #36,953 of 177,750
Also funny, I always have a sh**-fit in my mind and flip tables around whenever I see anyone with a SZS-related avatar, anywhere. It's heartening that there are still sensible people that liked SZS enough to put them as their avatar instead of some generic moe ones *cough*K-ON*cough*Lucky Star*cough*other generic moe*cough*

Oct 20, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #36,954 of 177,750
I dont remember what shows are in this year to even have a list.

Lets see, some memorable ones
Guilty Crown
SAO

Thats about it. Ive seen a few other series like madoka and steins this year as well. And im watching a few others and rewatchong some atthe same time.

Im in virginia. We are like the only asians here. And wrose of all. In an upscale restaurant with us being the only ones going in casually. Its quite embarassing. We just choose a well rated place.... Shoulda known

Oct 20, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #36,958 of 177,750
Who doesn't love Yui?
smily_headphones1.gif

Morning all.

I feel like yum cha.

Nice work borisu, looks like things are chugging along quite nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back