「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 21, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #36,962 of 177,750
Also funny, I always have a sh**-fit in my mind and flip tables around whenever I see anyone with a SZS-related avatar, anywhere. It's heartening that there are still sensible people that liked SZS enough to put them as their avatar instead of some generic moe ones *cough*K-ON*cough*Lucky Star*cough*other generic moe*cough*

So do you like people having SZS as avatar or hate it or what? :blink:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 21, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #36,963 of 177,750
Morning! Evening! woke up at 2pm.....

Quote:

Morning all.

I feel like yum cha.

Nice work borisu, looks like things are chugging along quite nicely.

The chinese tea thing???

yep, except for the PCB....

Quote:
You always click them.

biggrin.gif

Quote:
Also funny, I always have a sh**-fit in my mind and flip tables around whenever I see anyone with a SZS-related avatar, anywhere. It's heartening that there are still sensible people that liked SZS enough to put them as their avatar instead of some generic moe ones *cough*K-ON*cough*Lucky Star*cough*other generic moe*cough*

NOOOOOOO MOE FTW!!!!!
meh, k-on and lucky star isn't moe for me.

Oct 21, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #36,964 of 177,750
Quote:
I THINK SAO shouldn't be continued after Volume 3
Not to mention YUI plays a much lesser role later on.

Yeah I doubt they could make a single 13 episode season with just the Gun game stuff or even a 26 episode season with ALL the material up to date. Would be 80% side stories. In any case SAO sort of degrades into a harem show with online gaming elements after ALO anyway. Might improve with Vol 9 and beyond but who knows. 

On SAO ep16. I think the animation staff have absolutely no idea how to make melee combat in free-flight look interesting (or don't have the budget). All the combat this episode was very lackluster even though they didn't even use those annoying still-frames like they usually do. 

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #36,965 of 177,750

So do you like people having SZS as avatar or hate it or what? :blink:

Love it so much that I have a mini-imagined seizure in my imagination.

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #36,966 of 177,750
I saw the first episode of Psycho Pass and I'm thoroughly thrilled. There's that Minority Report vibe in it and I just love it.
A talking gun is no problem for me. It's part of the course in a sci-fi thriller anime.

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #36,967 of 177,750
I saw the first episode of Psycho Pass and I'm thoroughly thrilled. There's that Minority Report vibe in it and I just love it.
A talking gun is no problem for me. It's part of the course in a sci-fi thriller anime.

It sure is, but the voice is kind of grating and annoying and not fit for a show that's trying to convey its seriousness, IMO.

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #36,968 of 177,750
Quote:

I'm ok with the gun as long as it's just the first time using it.... 

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:33 AM Post #36,969 of 177,750
I think I'm going to post screen grabs from Candy Boy until Bowei finishes it.

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #36,970 of 177,750

Are you perhaps addressing me with that comment? Nothing wrong with K-on avatars, but I have to admit that indeed they are a bit too mainstream and widespread. Though I'd never call K-on or Lucky Star generic, in what they do, they are actually unique. That is, they are simply very, very good compared to the other stuff in their genre.

The most important reason I have a K-on avatar is for both the K701, and consistency.

Morning! Evening! woke up at 2pm.....

NOOOOOOO MOE FTW!!!!!
meh, k-on and lucky star isn't moe for me.

2PM would be afternoon, good Sir, not evening.

Dunno whether moe is the right term either, but it's still awesome.

I think I'm going to post screen grabs from Candy Boy until Bowei finishes it.

Omg.
I want to watch that now.

Oct 21, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #36,972 of 177,750
Quote:

The premise of the show is easily the greatest of all time.

I remember Candy Boy from years ago. No idea why I stopped watching after three episodes. I think I was just impatient over fansubs and sort of forgot about it or something.

At that time life was pretty crazy. Marimite was the only yuri I cared enough about to make the effort to watch consistently.

Oct 21, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #36,975 of 177,750
Are you perhaps addressing me with that comment? Nothing wrong with K-on avatars, but I have to admit that indeed they are a bit too mainstream and widespread. Though I'd never call K-on or Lucky Star generic, in what they do, they are actually unique. That is, they are simply very, very good compared to the other stuff in their genre.

The most important reason I have a K-on avatar is for both the K701, and consistency.

I'm just a bitter 21 y/o guy who's fed up with all the moe-blob. Sure I like it back when I was 15 y/o, but I've been yearning for more out of the ordinary, more un-mainstream, more eccentricity, etc. after my encounter with SZS. I think it's a few month before SZS first debut as an anime that I lost 90% of my interest with anime. I was still following Bleach and One Piece back then. Bleach was declining very rapidly for me back then though, and I think I picked up OP again after I stopped before an arc or something, so I continued mid-arc.

I think I've read something about why Japan seems to behave like this; i.e. producing more and more of what sells inside Japan. http://www.1up.com/features/reality-check-truth-perverted-japanese

Well that one mostly talks about video games, but I think it can be applied a bit to anime too. Of course, anime has usually be aimed at Japan first I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back