「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 8, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #176,611 of 177,744
firefox 69 doesn't open the bookmark list anymore when I drag a tab over it:crying_cat_face:.
me when I first noticed:

now I have to click 4 times in different places to bookmark something in the specific folder I want, and still have to get into it afterward if I don't want it placed at the bottom of that folder. AAAAAAAAaaaaarrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhh....
the alternative is to show the bookmark sidebar and then drag&drop where I want. but it's still way more annoying than what has been working fine since... about forever. I'm sick of firefox "innovations" on bookmarks. the last moronic change was that when you went to scroll down a list, it would jump to the bottom instead of scrolling down. it drove me crazy(I mainly have long ass lists per subjects). after a few versions they brought back the traditional scroll down in that famous innovation rational called "solving the issue we had created ourselves". I can only pray to my local world administrator that he/she will give me the skill to reverse the damage caused by the demon king.

leave bookmarks alone!!!!! please!

I watched an episode of Vinland Saga to see what they did with it(one of the few super long manga I still follow), and thought it wasn't worth much TBH. I was both expecting and felt disappointed by that fake 1980 European anime style. if the world loved that, we would be leaders in anime, not Japan. I was ready to move on to something else but I got curious about(spoiler without spoiler) the stuff on the boat with the mercenaries, so I watched a few episodes up to there, and now I feel like I'll just have to keep going.^_^

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #176,612 of 177,744
After a few days of solid use, the ER-X suddenly is out of commission, without any changes done by me. :/

Can't get a ping out of it and resetting doesn't do anything. Can't reach the GUI no matter what I do. -_- @deadlylover , any ideas or suggestions on this?

UPDATE: After a nap, and lots of swearing from my roommate, it magically works on it's own again. Huh. 0.0;

upload_2019-9-9_14-59-16.png

HAPPY CIRNO DAY EVERYONE!!!

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #176,613 of 177,744
After a few days of solid use, the ER-X suddenly is out of commission, without any changes done by me. :/

Can't get a ping out of it and resetting doesn't do anything. Can't reach the GUI no matter what I do. -_- @deadlylover , any ideas or suggestions on this?

UPDATE: After a nap, and lots of swearing from my roommate, it magically works on it's own again. Huh. 0.0;

I think this happened to me once as well, cant do anything but try and power cycle and wait.

Ahhh I'm finally happy with the current wifi setup;

ax200 cisco 2702.png

Enabling "global bg scan blocking" will get rid of the ~20-50ms spikes every minute with the wifi card trying to look for a new hotspot to join. I seem to get a similar spike every ten minutes but that one might be harder to nail.

Those 6ms spikes are from the computer with a speedtest running (I only have 50mbps line here), the second one is with a phone on the same network running a speed test as well.

Really liking the ~1.5ms average ping, even on my old Netgear R8000 it was around the 3ms mark. Not that I can perceive it or anything but it goes to show that the ol' Cisco 2702 can outperform a "gaming" router.

The program used is pingplotter (free), I'm curious as to how the Ubiquiti performs, I think it will be just as good if not better as the Cisco 2702 is ancient in terms of network hardware (early 2014). I really want to upgrade to the 3702 just for giggles.

Sep 11, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #176,614 of 177,744
I think this happened to me once as well, cant do anything but try and power cycle and wait.

Ahhh I'm finally happy with the current wifi setup;

Enabling "global bg scan blocking" will get rid of the ~20-50ms spikes every minute with the wifi card trying to look for a new hotspot to join. I seem to get a similar spike every ten minutes but that one might be harder to nail.

Those 6ms spikes are from the computer with a speedtest running (I only have 50mbps line here), the second one is with a phone on the same network running a speed test as well.

Really liking the ~1.5ms average ping, even on my old Netgear R8000 it was around the 3ms mark. Not that I can perceive it or anything but it goes to show that the ol' Cisco 2702 can outperform a "gaming" router.

The program used is pingplotter (free), I'm curious as to how the Ubiquiti performs, I think it will be just as good if not better as the Cisco 2702 is ancient in terms of network hardware (early 2014). I really want to upgrade to the 3702 just for giggles.

Thanks for sharing this stuff! Super new to networking so clueless about diagnosing. Still get occasional spikes when streaming but no clue how to proceed so let's see what comes out of it.

I'll need to be careful though as my roommate has been pretty upset with my project. After all, Netflix is all he's got at this point... :p

Sep 11, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #176,615 of 177,744
Thanks for sharing this stuff! Super new to networking so clueless about diagnosing. Still get occasional spikes when streaming but no clue how to proceed so let's see what comes out of it.

I'll need to be careful though as my roommate has been pretty upset with my project. After all, Netflix is all he's got at this point... :p

It's always tough wanting to fiddle with the network but you don't want to annoy the other users. XD

I haven't played with the "QoS" smart queue feature on the ER-X yet to reduce bufferbloat, I've heard good things about it if you can sacrifice a little bit of throughput for more consistency.

Sep 12, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #176,617 of 177,744
It's always tough wanting to fiddle with the network but you don't want to annoy the other users. XD

I haven't played with the "QoS" smart queue feature on the ER-X yet to reduce bufferbloat, I've heard good things about it if you can sacrifice a little bit of throughput for more consistency.

It's been great so far! My internet went from 15 Mbps up, 15 Mbps down to 3 Mbps up and 10 down recently, for reasons unknown. I'll have to call the ISP or my parents (my internet and phone plan is linked with their business account so they can get a small tax write-off, and they might have changed something on their side). Kind of annoying but no effects on me as I never needed that much bandwidth anyways, so I never cared about the bandwidth limitations. Getting the ER-X was mostly there to rid me of the horrible buffer bloat of my ISP's router.

----------

So an Etymotic ER-4 means Edge Router. Hm...

MINDBLOWN! :O

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #176,618 of 177,744
Same here =P.

I've finally had a CPU die on me, it was an Intel E5-1620 in one of my Dell Precisions. Had the machine running while I popped by the shops and when I got home, the fans were going bananas. Thankfully, the case has post codes right on the frontpanel so I didn't even need to open the side panel to diagnose the issue, the code referred to "CPU error detected, try reseating or replacement". I tried reseating to no avail, so I subbed in one from a different machine and it works fine, whew. (I didn't want the mobo to be defective because those are more difficult to source)

Ordered an E5-2689 for about $70 dollarydoos, 8 cores @ 3.3GHz. Should be more than good enough for classic WoW.

I needed a new wifi card because my old netgear one pooped itself, so I tried one of those Intel AX200 slapped into a PCIe adaptor thingies for $30 (total) with an external antenna. I've had a little funny business with the 5GHz band but it might just be the immature drivers as it's their latest product. If i had to do it again I might drop down to the previous generation or two, oh well.

I wonder when Deadman gave credit to Shibayan

Sep 15, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #176,621 of 177,744
I got some double-yolk mooncakes. Those things are seriously dense; drinking tea is a must when eating these. D:

Dc6tCDlV0AADU5U.jpg

How I feel after eating two mooncakes...one...one more to go...

;o;

Yay internet speed problems fixed. Still get occasional high ping sadly when using in home streaming over WiFi. Tried a bunch of stuff but no solution. Might decide to finally go the good old Ethernet way.

--------------------------------

Connected an old dac/amp thingy to an abandoned ras-pi and transformed the thing to a small radio/Bluetooth receiver. Linked it to an online anime radio station and the device will probably be on 24/7 from now on for anyone to plug their headphones into. Also uploaded my entire rip of Blade and Soul music onto it's local storage. Don't know why I did it but now I have animu music playing proudly at all times in my home.

This is the first time I tried AirPlay in my life and I must say, it's so much smoother to switch around compared to Bluetooth. Hopefully Android 10 can make Bluetooth audio switching smoother because right now it's quite a mess...

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #176,622 of 177,744
Meh, still getting these massive spikes with this old wifi card (Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260). Guess I'll find a way to tape an Ethernet cable to the ceiling so I can use a wired connection with this laptop.

upload_2019-9-21_23-22-39.png

Oct 5, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #176,623 of 177,744
the Youjo Senki Shokudou manga!!!!!!!!!!
there's a special place in hell for people who turn something as good as Youjo Senki into another about food. I'd rather read stuff with nonsensical martial art techniques(red gale of the thousand stars is a level 3 soy sauce attacks, yet it cancelled my bouncing shadow blades of the reversed nether world of pokemon!!!! impossibru!!!) than get another story pretending to be fiction only to be 100% about hot spring(fan service) and fracking ways to cook rice. I want to sue them for false advertising. and force the authors to eat every food they introduced in their manga in one serving, as the sentencing.

other than that, it's a nice day, the weather is fine. ^_^

Oct 7, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #176,624 of 177,744
the Youjo Senki Shokudou manga!!!!!!!!!!
there's a special place in hell for people who turn something as good as Youjo Senki into another BS about food. I'd rather read stuff with nonsensical martial art techniques(red gale of the thousand stars is a level 3 soy sauce attacks, yet it cancelled my bouncing shadow blades of the reversed nether world of pokemon!!!! impossibru!!!) than get another story pretending to be fiction only to be 100% about hot spring(fan service) and fracking ways to cook rice. I want to sue them for false advertising. and force the authors to eat every food they introduced in their manga in one serving, as the sentencing.

other than that, it's a nice day, the weather is fine. ^_^
Speaking of, I watched one episode of Emiya-sanchi no Kyō no Gohan and then kinda forgot about it.

@Kabaneri: Attack on Titan feel in the first half, then went off the rails since

Movie is decent

Skip to 0:50 for Hanayamata x Kabaneri

vJZbDfJ.jpg

Edit: horizontal rules are hard

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back