「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 17, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #176,582 of 177,733
Otakuthon is happening right now. Didn't feel like going but some of my friends who did grabbed me some loot.

IMG_20190817_154745.jpg

Apparently Dan Salvato, the main guy behind Doki Doki Literature Club, was there. So was TM Revolution.

-------------

There's a DreamHack happening literally a 5 minute walk away from my home. Considering enslaving my roommate to carry my computer over and back. :p

-------------

2070 Super cards still not in stock though.

>~<

This might take a while...

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #176,583 of 177,733
deep philosophical question. in manhua translation I keep seeing a pretty nonsensical pattern that goes something like this:
-bad guy: you have to die.
-good guy: lol call me grandpa is you fail (or other super powerful insults like that ^_^)
they fight, the good guy resists well and kills or wounds a subordinate of bad guy which leads to
-bad guy: don't expect to leave this place alive after what you just did.

and each time this happens, I'm like, wait what? you came to kill him from the get go and even told him so are death threats cumulative like prison sentences or something? he's still only going to die once. that same pattern often repeats four or five times in a single battle!:face_palm: so I was wondering if it's one of those popular expressions that really gets lost in translation once in Angrish, or if somehow it's a thing in China to renew death threats like every time is the first time you ever made it? anybody knows what I'm talking about?

Aug 21, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #176,584 of 177,733
deep philosophical question. in manhua translation I keep seeing a pretty nonsensical pattern that goes something like this:
-bad guy: you have to die.
-good guy: lol call me grandpa is you fail (or other super powerful insults like that ^_^)
they fight, the good guy resists well and kills or wounds a subordinate of bad guy which leads to
-bad guy: don't expect to leave this place alive after what you just did.

and each time this happens, I'm like, wait what? you came to kill him from the get go and even told him so are death threats cumulative like prison sentences or something? he's still only going to die once. that same pattern often repeats four or five times in a single battle!:face_palm: so I was wondering if it's one of those popular expressions that really gets lost in translation once in Angrish, or if somehow it's a thing in China to renew death threats like every time is the first time you ever made it? anybody knows what I'm talking about?

I just call it poor, generic writing. :p

Aug 23, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #176,585 of 177,733
Otakuthon is happening right now. Didn't feel like going but some of my friends who did grabbed me some loot.

Apparently Dan Salvato, the main guy behind Doki Doki Literature Club, was there. So was TM Revolution.

-------------

There's a DreamHack happening literally a 5 minute walk away from my home. Considering enslaving my roommate to carry my computer over and back. :p

-------------

2070 Super cards still not in stock though.

>~<

This might take a while...
I got a reference card from Nvidia directly at MSRP and free shipping. But it was out of stock within 2 hours after I ordered.

I don't see why Nvidia put that much effort on making the FE card so fancy, with metal shrouds and all.

Aug 23, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #176,586 of 177,733
I got a reference card from Nvidia directly at MSRP and free shipping. But it was out of stock within 2 hours after I ordered.

I don't see why Nvidia put that much effort on making the FE card so fancy, with metal shrouds and all.

For that corporate overlord-worthy A E S T H E T I C S. :p

Always thought the past reference blowers looked beautiful. Same with the current founders cards, and the Quadros simply look stunning. For 3 seconds. Then dust and finger prints settle in. And they are put into a render farm workstation, never to be seen again.

------------

Just watched Infernal Affairs. Great film! Now for the better, whitewashed version. :p

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #176,588 of 177,733
Just announced on Twitter. Kazuya Nino [Etrian Odyssey, Dragon Quest Builders & more] is the head of Type Moon Studio BB. He announced that he left Square Enix last week.

Type Moon Studio BB is a new game development studio set up to tackle new challenges. Kazuya Nino is the Studio Director. He is joined at the studio by Koya Tsukada, a scenario writer he worked with on Dragon Quest Builders who also did scenario work for Cyber Sleuth, Valkyria Revolutions, and Valkyria Chronicles 4.

Official site: http://typemoon-bb.com/

Type Moon Studio BB is a development studio that hopes to work with various creative talent and publishers in the industry to expand Type Moon's brand IP to a larger audience. They are currently recruiting more staff, and they plan on developing smaller scale 2D titles internally, while partnering with external developers for mid to large scale 3D titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back