「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 19, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #176,491 of 177,744
I might be looking to sell my XPS 9560 but I'm not sure how much to charge for it.

1080p, has 8 GB of RAM, i5-7300HQ, 1tb of HDD storage and a 250 GB Samsung nvme drive that I added later.

Repasted and added thermal pads myself, and in the process stripped a screw so that's gone. Also some light scratches on the top panel.

Any tech heads here who follow laptop prices have suggestions on how much I should charge for it In USD? :p

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #176,492 of 177,744
I might be looking to sell my XPS 9560 but I'm not sure how much to charge for it.

1080p, has 8 GB of RAM, i5-7300HQ, 1tb of HDD storage and a 250 GB Samsung nvme drive that I added later.

Repasted and added thermal pads myself, and in the process stripped a screw so that's gone. Also some light scratches on the top panel.

Any tech heads here who follow laptop prices have suggestions on how much I should charge for it In USD? :p

$5,000

Mar 20, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #176,494 of 177,744
best-i-can-do-is-2.jpg

Mar 21, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #176,495 of 177,744

Aaaaand we have a winner! :p

Poking around, the FHD ones don't seem to hold their value as well as the 4k ones it seems. Ah well.

---------------------------------
Someone mention too much Isekai? Have all the recent big Isekai all combine and go into another isekai, so you can isekai while you isekai, and share your isekai with all the other isekai...

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #176,497 of 177,744

I got the DAP in Japan!
the AKon DAP. "nobody wants to see us together, but it don't maatter, no".
be carefull not to "smack that, all on the floor" :scream:

Apr 1, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #176,498 of 177,744
Guess who finally gave in and got an iPad Pro?

So far, the stylus is a bit...huh.

I heard this thing folds pretty well too?

IMG_20190401_112903.jpg

#NobodyWantsAStylus #Yuck #iPadPro #iOS #FirstFoldingTablet #WeirdFlexButOkay #ArtOTG #HappyAprilFirst #愚人节快乐 #TooBrokeForApple

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #176,499 of 177,744
Just finished Glass no Kamen (2005). A show based on a 4 decades old shoujo manga about stage acting.
While the animation quality was not particularly top tier, they did nailed those important acting sessions decently, especially MC's expressions. And Kobayashi Sanae has done some super awesome job at voicing for the MC, who is a talented actress and has played wide variety of roles throughout the show.
The story had me hooked throughout the span, though sadly the romance part never really concludes...

Also finished NANA before this. The drama was hooking as well, and feels kind of "real". Although its kinda clear that it was not heading "happy end" direction from the start orz
And it has some damn impressive OP & ED

The mangas of both of these never end orz...

Apr 13, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #176,502 of 177,744
Learnt that wowaka passes away.

Rest in peace, one of the most iconic Vocaloid music producers... :'(

-----------------------

Recently acquired a new Surface Book 2 13.5" for a very cheap price.

Overall pretty satisfied with it knowing the price, but I can see why many other friends are unsatisfied with it for art if they paid in full.

It's alright for quick sketches and inking on the go, but will still use a traditional graphics tablet for most things when that's an option. Definitely a low powered device, but the short bursts of high clock speeds of the processor really helps for when the brush strokes get a bit heavy in Photoshop, and integration of all the Windows features makes the experience very smooth...except when it's not. :p Finally have a backup in case my XPS is down.

1050 is alright for light gaming, but sadly it only has 2 GB of VRAM so even some simple 3D renders can't take advantage of GPU rendering. :frowning2: Rendering with the CPU not be that great during the summer though as the CPU can reach the 90's with heavy loads, and there's no fan at all to cool it.

Now, to install Linux on this weird piece of hardware... :D

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 5:22 AM Post #176,503 of 177,744
Just wondering. Is there any new or old anime series with a complex plot? I don't see many out nowadays but before there still were . I've watched many already psycho pass, zankyo no terror, baccanno ,durarara, ghost in the shell, texnolyze ,ergo proxy, cowboy bebop ,trigun , gungrave, Eden of the East ,serial experiments lain, shingeki no kyojin , evangelion, mosou dairinin, subete ga ff . Can't think of any thing else I've watched. But these are the best ones that I could think of .

Apr 20, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #176,504 of 177,744
Just wondering. Is there any new or old anime series with a complex plot? I don't see many out nowadays but before there still were . I've watched many already psycho pass, zankyo no terror, baccanno ,durarara, ghost in the shell, texnolyze ,ergo proxy, cowboy bebop ,trigun , gungrave, Eden of the East ,serial experiments lain, shingeki no kyojin , evangelion, mosou dairinin, subete ga ff . Can't think of any thing else I've watched. But these are the best ones that I could think of .
You missed Code Geass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back