「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 19, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #148,951 of 177,745
Kiseijuu 23

At first I thought Shinichi was going to be a chicken for not killing Gotou but the end was good. He's a badass.

Tokyo Ghoul A^1/2  11

Is Shinohara kill? Is Amon kill?
Is Takizawa kill?

Mar 19, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #148,952 of 177,745
I totally agree. Kind of makes you appreciate anime more.

http://thecartdriver.com/shirobako-should-be-required-viewing-for-anime-fans/

I think that Shirobako should be required viewing for anime fans. Not because it’s a timeless classic that shapes the anime field before it, which is the usual criteria for deciding what is required viewing. Not even because it happens to be an incredibly good show, although that certainly helps. The moment I realised how important it was that anime fans should watch Shirobako was when I saw some forum chatter after the latest episode of Rage of Bahamut was revealed to be a recap episode. The first few comments were people complaining about why the creators thought we would have forgotten anything after only a month and a half and why don’t they just put out a normal episode for once. The following comments though were people realising that the studio had just a scheduling snag and had to rush out a recap episode so they could catch their breaths, referencing the latest episode of Shirobako as why they thought this. Suddenly people understood what went into their anime being made and it didn’t just magically appear.

Mar 19, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #148,954 of 177,745
So I'm watching Shigatsu wa blablablablabla now. Notbad.jpg. And I watched the first 1.5 episodes of Death parade or so and I felt the concept was cool, just not in the mood to watch it atm.

Oh and yay, 3 exams down and one to go in an hour! Did well on my stats for idiots business majors but bombed my Dinosaurs final. Such is life. 

Hey @vantt1 have you ever had any issues with your OPO losing connectivity when you apply pressure? It seems like sometimes if there's pressure on my OPO it can lose bluetooth connectivity to my smartwatch or cellular connection on rare occasions.

Mar 19, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #148,955 of 177,745
  So I'm watching Shigatsu wa blablablablabla now. Notbad.jpg. And I watched the first 1.5 episodes of Death parade or so and I felt the concept was cool, just not in the mood to watch it atm.

Oh and yay, 3 exams down and one to go in an hour! Did well on my stats for idiots business majors but bombed my Dinosaurs final. Such is life. 

Hey @vantt1 have you ever had any issues with your OPO losing connectivity when you apply pressure? It seems like sometimes if there's pressure on my OPO it can lose bluetooth connectivity to my smartwatch or cellular connection on rare occasions.

yeah, it's pretty good

Kiseijuu 23

At first I thought Shinichi was going to be a chicken for not killing Gotou but the end was good. He's a badass.

Tokyo Ghoul A^1/2  11

Is Shinohara kill? Is Amon kill?
Is Takizawa kill?

Decent ep of Kiseijuu

Just finished Your Lie in April

Pretty much the contestant for Romance Anime of the Year

No bull, it's as straight as you can get it 
bigsmile_face.gif

There were some flaws to it (mostly from the manga and canon story that the anime faithfully adapted to my knowledge), but it ties up very well. 

Mar 19, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #148,956 of 177,745
The ID3 standard provides a lot of freedom regarding what info/data is put into the tags.
We should define a more refined standard that is a subset of ID3 providing backwords compatibility.
I'm reading the ID3 specs right now....

Reguarding multilingual support, It's not the that ID3 tags can't hold unicode.
Rather, storing different languages versions of tags in the same file would be difficult. (lacks player support basically)

EDIT:
Holy crap...... ID3 is only supported by MP3 and AIFF
FLAC and OGG uses Vorbis comments :/

D: You're right!
https://xiph.org/flac/faq.html#general__tagging
What kinds of tags does FLAC support?

FLAC has it's own native tagging system which is identical to that of Vorbis. They are called alternately "FLAC tags" and "Vorbis comments". It is the only tagging system required and guaranteed to be supported by FLAC implementations.

Out of convenience, the reference decoder knows how to skip ID3 tags so that they don't interfere with decoding. But you should not expect any tags beside FLAC tags to be supported in applications; some implementations may not even be able to decode a FLAC file with ID3 tags.

:/
I kinda don't really want to use uncompressed AIFF just for proper ID3 tag support on a lossless format....and no one uses OGG. So to answer your original question of "Do you think It's feasible for us to come up with some kinda standard for tagging japanese anime/game/doujin(vocaloid/touhou arrange) music?" and combined with ID3 tags, I would say no unless everyone agreed to use 256 kbps VBR LAME MP3. XD

For EAC accurate ripping, do you or anyone else know what the Accuraterip Database check really does? I accidentally just ripped 1 song from that Smash Bros soundtrack CD (I changed the artist/album/track title/composers for proper credits where due) and the log file said I didn't have an accurately ripped track (confidence level 7) and that I may have a different CD pressing. I'm pretty sure there's only 1 pressing of this CD, so I'm completely speechless as to what actually happened. I thought it uses CRC checksums to verify if it's accurate or not. How can my particular CD (although with different tags and I don't think those tags matter, do they?) be so far off from what's already been submitted?

Me upon seeing that log file:
80d5efc735ead6a2982edcbf33f0c29dcea1ae62fcee27a1591f4c9f7d1b7bc2.jpg

Mar 19, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #148,957 of 177,745
  This weekend going to Hamburg again.... Fuummph.

Though still considering that or new IEM

Me too! Maybe. The train ticket is so expensive and I sure as hell will not drive there with the car.

IEM mustardrace.

That sounds really odd.

Just finished Your Lie in April  
Pretty much the contestant for Romance Anime of the Year
No bull, it's as straight as you can get it 
bigsmile_face.gif

There were some flaws to it (mostly from the manga and canon story that the anime faithfully adapted to my knowledge), but it ties up very well. 

I'm sure it will end up on a lot of AOTY lists. People loved it.

Mar 19, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #148,958 of 177,745

Watching Mekaku for the song scenes (which are really good) and the cool artstyle (that has some quality problems) is totally okay.
Nobody should ever watch Mahouka though.

I am a fan of anisongs...and I just have to get a taste of Tatsuya's OPness.

Finished Yuru Yuri S1. Okay.

Time for S2!

Not that I've noticed (I've never really intentionally applied pressure on it during use), but my cellular connection is pretty much always spotty anyway, most likely due to the Lollipop modem I'm using. Otherwise, it seems fine. Does it disconnect the Bluetooth when you apply pressure?

That sounds really odd.

Not really, given that it is the OnePlus One...odd problems are its specialty.

Mar 19, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #148,959 of 177,745
Just installed Windows 10 technical preview (9926) again. The update process is pretty smooth. You basically just use the setup executable file to confirm that you want to upgrade and whether or not you want to save all your files post-upgrade. Then you just wait a while, let it restart 3-4 times in typical Windows fashion, let it go from 6% done to 66% done to 100% done magically because in-between increments are overrated, do the Windows 8 and 8.1 pre-configuration options for security stuff and you should be good to go.

Mar 19, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #148,961 of 177,745

How can Kojima leave Konami if isn't alive?

The whole Kojima thing really is getting out of hand.
Assumptions and nothing but assumptions.

Mar 19, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #148,962 of 177,745

That sounds really odd.

Not really, the iPhone 4 had the same issue.

Not that I've noticed (I've never really intentionally applied pressure on it during use), but my cellular connection is pretty much always spotty anyway, most likely due to the Lollipop modem I'm using. Otherwise, it seems fine. Does it disconnect the Bluetooth when you apply pressure?

Nah, my cellular connection seems a bit spotty sometimes too. Oh well, it's not all that annoying to me.
Basically what usually happens is if I have my opo in my pants pocket and my gf is sitting on my lap on the side my phone is in, my watch will pretty much always lose connection with the phone for whatever reason.

Mar 19, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #148,965 of 177,745
  Hey guys do you have any great anime recommendation?

I just finished watching episode 23 of Parasyte - the maxim. Great anime, I hoped for more episodes but seems like it will end on 24.

Too many.
Just browse for a while: http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php

Or you could be a bit more specific.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back