「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 19, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #148,936 of 177,750

Persona 4 The Animation

Oh really? Have you seen the new version yet? And what about the game itself? It's super awesome.

My favorites just for schiits and giggles:

Psycho-Pass
Hyouka
Space Dandy
The Monogatari stuff
Gankutsuou
Mononoke (not the princess)
Evangelion
Shinsekai yori
Death Parade
Durarararararararararara
Serial Experiments Lain
Mushishi
Everything Ghost in the Shell

and so many more.

I'm too lazy to play the game(s), but I'll give P4GA a shot.

Watch your language...
rolleyes.gif

SSY left a pretty distinctive impression.

Mar 19, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #148,937 of 177,750
My favourite shows... there are so many, but I'll try to keep it short:
Steins;Gate (of course)
Zankyou no Terror
Durarara!!
Usagi Drop
Angel Beats!
Samurai Champloo
Higashi no Eden
Psycho-Pass

You passed

You people won't believe what I like :
Bakemonogatari
Nisemonogatari
Nekomonogatari (Kuro)
Nekomonogatari (Shiro)
Kabukiminigatari
Otorimonogatari
Onimonogatari
Koimonogatari
Hanamonigatari
Tsukimonogatari

Btw I finished Hyouka.
The ending was... Hmmm k
Only the middle parts are the most interesting ones.

Mar 19, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #148,938 of 177,750
I can live with that.

Ok. *lets out a sigh of relief*

In addition to the ones bolded above, this is a combination of my memorable/notable series (not exactly "favorites"; I quite like all the shows I've committed to watching and don't like ranking shows against each other (like students in a class?? idk)), in no particular order:

Clannad (+AS)
Haruhi Suzumiya (TV+Movie)
Kanon (2006)
Air
K-ON!+!!+Movie
Hyouka (+OVA I suppose)
AmaBuri
Love, Chuunibyou and Other Delusions (I'm never gonna get used to calling it that)

KyoAni has made many gems, but I think KyoAni has had some average shows too. In my opinion Kyoukai no Kanata,  Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shiitai! and Tamako Market were ok, but not really impressive. The animation itself was great of course, but the rest didn't really appeal to me.

Toradora!

This is one of my top anime too. Maybe I kept my list too short :p

Edit: better not forget the Monogatari series, Madoka, Another, Kannagi, Minami-ke and OreImo

I really like the Monogatari series. It has so many artistic aspects: a very special soundtrack, colours, angles, animation, toothbrush... wait, what?

Madoka really surprised me in a good way. I'm afraid we won't be seeing anything similar in the near future though.

Another had a very good plot development, but that ending was not what I had hooped for -_-

You know what, screw it, there are too many...which reminds me. I have yet to watch Mekakucity Actors and Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei...

Looking at your avatar, it seems like you are a Vocaloid fan too =) Mekakucity Actors was quite confusing to watch. It was not bad, but I think the plot could have been developed much better.

Good taste.
You might catch some hate for liking Zankyou no Terror, but I have your back, man. It had its flaws but ultimately did more right than wrong.

Thank you.

The only think I disliked about Zankyou no Terror was this:

My favorites just for schiits and giggles:

Psycho-Pass
Hyouka
Space Dandy
The Monogatari stuff
Gankutsuou
Mononoke (not the princess)
Evangelion
Shinsekai yori
Death Parade
Durarararararararararara

Serial Experiments Lain
Mushishi
Everything Ghost in the Shell

and so many more.

You have a pretty good taste yourself.

You passed

You people won't believe what I like :
Bakemonogatari
Nisemonogatari
Nekomonogatari (Kuro)
Nekomonogatari (Shiro)
Kabukiminigatari
Otorimonogatari
Onimonogatari
Koimonogatari
Hanamonigatari
Tsukimonogatari

Glad I passed again.

You have a refined taste =) Kaiki is one of my favourite characters.

Mar 19, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #148,941 of 177,750
Btw I finished Hyouka.
The ending was... Hmmm k

GhloviT.jpg

GhloviT.jpg

Quote:
  KyoAni has made many gems, but I think KyoAni has had some average shows too. In my opinion Kyoukai no Kanata,  Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shiitai! and Tamako Market were ok, but not really impressive. The animation itself was great of course, but the rest didn't really appeal to me.

I really like the Monogatari series. It has so many artistic aspects: a very special soundtrack, colours, angles, animation, toothbrush... wait, what?

Looking at your avatar, it seems like you are a Vocaloid fan too =) Mekakucity Actors was quite confusing to watch. It was not bad, but I think the plot could have been developed much better.

They may be average, but they make up for it in other ways, which made them memorable (to me).

The most important aspect of all.

They say it is based on the Vocaloid series, but I can't see how it is. I'll have to watch it to find out.

Mar 19, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #148,942 of 177,750

You know what, screw it, there are too many...which reminds me. I have yet to watch Mekakucity Actors and Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei...

........... Not really recommended but,
I know you might have known this already but I'll still say it
You want to watch an anime where the protag always performs on top and never really have any hard times? Basically, the OPness is just so OP even there isn't an episode where he had to struggle until near death, no matter who the opponent is. IMO it was interesting at first but as the OPness escalated, I got bored with the following episodes

Originally Posted by Beyakusenn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Glad I passed again.

To be honest, that was only my cover here
I actually like pathetic autistic stuffs like :
Dog Days
Yuru Yuri
Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai
Ebiten
Kodomo no Jikan
Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai Yo Ne
Strike Witches
Zero no Tsukaima

Only in this forum I talk about deep animoo stuffs

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #148,943 of 177,750
Btw I finished Hyouka.
The ending was... Hmmm k

Asspull hard.
Don't worry, I'll still like you even if you don't give it a 10/10.

Yes, really unique. I absolutely adore the artstyle and the cuts.

Mekaku was a trainwreck.

Kaiki is an aquired taste. Pretty much everyone (including me) hated him at first and started to love him later.

:D

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #148,944 of 177,750
http://fashionablygeek.com/handmade/mom-learns-about-sons-secret-collection-of-anime-dolls-and-does-something-amazing/

This is pretty cool actually haha

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #148,945 of 177,750

........... Not really recommended but,
I know you might have known this already but I'll still say it
You want to watch an anime where the protag always performs on top and never really have any hard times? Basically, the OPness is just so OP even there isn't an episode where he had to struggle until near death, no matter who the opponent is. IMO it was interesting at first but as the OPness escalated, I got bored with the following episodes

Mekaku was a trainwreck.

I know. That's exactly why I should watch it them. They are out of the ordinary, so it'll be interesting!

Quote:
  To be honest, that was only my cover here
I actually like pathetic autistic stuffs like :
Dog Days
Yuru Yuri
Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai
Ebiten
Kodomo no Jikan
Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai Yo Ne
Strike Witches
Zero no Tsukaima

Only in this forum I talk about deep animoo stuffs

I second these.

Strike Witches 2 ep07:

QSJtfyP.jpg

Not sure if C or G...and it looks like a V16 or something like that, which is both anachronistic and atypical of Bugatti...

And obligatory:

Mar 19, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #148,947 of 177,750
  I know. That's exactly why I should watch it them. They are out of the ordinary, so it'll be interesting!

Watching Mekaku for the song scenes (which are really good) and the cool artstyle (that has some quality problems) is totally okay.
Nobody should ever watch Mahouka though.

Tonight I'll make my first Reuben sandwich and it will suck.

Mar 19, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #148,949 of 177,750
LOL. I knew what that link was before I even clicked on it. Pretty shocking stuff, but hell, I can still remember reading about how Kojima wanted to pursue other things well over a decade ago when he directed Boktai. Good for him. I just hope that his presence/output doesn't fade from the industry like so many of the other former big time directors. About the only thing I wonder is how this impacts Silent Hills

Users who are viewing this thread

Back