「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 18, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #148,921 of 177,750
LOL at the vaporwave comment. We totally are. Can't wait for us to become Seapunk 

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #148,922 of 177,750
Random question for music tagging.

When there's a remix of a song from an older game, would you fill the composer tag with the original song composer, or the recent arranger? I'm guessing the former, but then I don't know where to credit the arranger if I say the artist is the company making the remixed songs. >.>

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #148,924 of 177,750

When there's a remix of a song from an older game, would you fill the composer tag with the original song composer, or the recent arranger? I'm guessing the former, but then I don't know where to credit the arranger if I say the artist is the company making the remixed songs. >.>

We really need some kinda standard for this kinda stuff.......... I've having so much trouble designing my music library manager. :frowning2:
Personally I'd put the original composer.

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #148,925 of 177,750

better tag the remix part on the name... song title i mean

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #148,926 of 177,750
We really need some kinda standard for this kinda stuff.......... I've having so much trouble designing my music library manager. :frowning2:
Personally I'd put the original composer.

Yeah I know right? Different naming conventions bugs me.

I guess this works:
Title: "Title (Arranged by: blah)"
Artist: "Company name"
Album Artist: "Various artists" maybe? Or perhaps "Company name" again.
Composer: "Original composer"

I'm about to rip these CDs and the original composers aren't listed...... T_T
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Super_Smash_Bros._for_Nintendo_3DS_/_Wii_U_%E2%99%AA%E2%80%94A_Smashing_Soundtrack%E2%80%94

For classical music, the artist is typically the person performing the music, composer is the original composer, and title is just the absurdly long classical title. XD

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #148,927 of 177,750
Yeah I know right? Different naming conventions bugs me.

Do you think It's feasible for us to come up with some kinda standard for tagging japanese anime/game/doujin(vocaloid/touhou arrange) music?

Mar 19, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #148,928 of 177,750
Do you think It's feasible for us to come up with some kinda standard for tagging japanese anime/game/doujin(vocaloid/touhou arrange) music?

Maybe? I have a hard time doing Japanese tags myself.
e.g. for the title of a track, do I do English (Romaji) (Japanese) [_ Remix], Romaji (English) [_ Remix], or English (Romaji) [_ Remix]?

For some tracks/names, we refer to them by their Japanese names, others in English. Attack on Titan, Shingeki no Kyojin, or 進撃の巨人? Tori no Uta, Bird's Poem, or 鳥の詩?

Mar 19, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #148,929 of 177,750
Maybe? I have a hard time doing Japanese tags myself.
e.g. for the title of a track, do I do English (Romaji) (Japanese) [_ Remix], Romaji (English) [_ Remix], or English (Romaji) [_ Remix]?

For some tracks/names, we refer to them by their Japanese names, others in English. Attack on Titan, Shingeki no Kyojin, or 進撃の巨人? Tori no Uta, Bird's Poem, or 鳥の詩?

Multilingual support would definitly be nice, but not compatible with the ID3 standard.
This will work with external cue sheets but Its not in common usage due to the lack of player support.

Mar 19, 2015 at 12:48 AM Post #148,930 of 177,750
Multilingual support would definitly be nice, but not compatible with the ID3 standard.

This will work with external cue sheets but Its not in common usage due to the lack of player support.

I actually don't understand ID3 standards at all. :/

This is what I use in EAC and I seem to be able to read Asian Unicode characters just fine in any media player I've used.

Mar 19, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #148,931 of 177,750
I actually don't understand ID3 standards at all. :/

This is what I use in EAC and I seem to be able to read Asian Unicode characters just fine in any media player I've used.

The ID3 standard provides a lot of freedom regarding what info/data is put into the tags.
We should define a more refined standard that is a subset of ID3 providing backwords compatibility.
I'm reading the ID3 specs right now....

Reguarding multilingual support, It's not the that ID3 tags can't hold unicode.
Rather, storing different languages versions of tags in the same file would be difficult. (lacks player support basically)

EDIT:
Holy crap...... ID3 is only supported by MP3 and AIFF
FLAC and OGG uses Vorbis comments :/

Mar 19, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #148,932 of 177,750
  And the first thing you do is brag about your unreasonable internet speed.....jk :p

Favorite shows?

I just moved to a new apartment and the internet speed was one of the things that surprised me most. I wouldn't have mentioned it if I people weren't talking about it.

My favourite shows... there are so many, but I'll try to keep it short:
Steins;Gate (of course)
Zankyou no Terror
Durarara!!
Usagi Drop
Angel Beats!
Samurai Champloo
Higashi no Eden
Psycho-Pass

Mar 19, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #148,933 of 177,750

And the first thing you do is brag about your unreasonable internet speed.....jk :p

Favorite shows?

I just moved to a new apartment and the internet speed was one of the things that surprised me most. I wouldn't have mentioned it if I people weren't talking about it.

Steins;Gate (of course)
Zankyou no Terror
Durarara!!
Usagi Drop
Angel Beats!
Samurai Champloo
Higashi no Eden
Psycho-Pass

I can live with that.

Mar 19, 2015 at 5:33 AM Post #148,934 of 177,750
Originally Posted by Beyakusenn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Steins;Gate (of course)
Zankyou no Terror
Durarara!!
Usagi Drop
Angel Beats!
Samurai Champloo
Higashi no Eden
Psycho-Pass

In addition to the ones bolded above, this is a combination of my memorable/notable series (not exactly "favorites"; I quite like all the shows I've committed to watching and don't like ranking shows against each other (like students in a class?? idk)), in no particular order:

Clannad (+AS)
Haruhi Suzumiya (TV+Movie)
Kanon (2006)
Air
K-ON!+!!+Movie
Hyouka (+OVA I suppose)
AmaBuri
Love, Chuunibyou and Other Delusions (I'm never gonna get used to calling it that)
Persona 4 The Animation
Is This Order a Rabbit?
The World God Only Knows+II+OVAs
Neon Genesis Evangelion + x.x movies
Black Lagoon
Kiniro Mosaic
Toradora!
The iDOLM@STER
Little Busters!: Refrain

Edit: better not forget the Monogatari series, Madoka, Another, Kannagi, Minami-ke and OreImo

You know what, screw it, there are too many...which reminds me. I have yet to watch Mekakucity Actors and Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei...

d0PdyNY.jpg

Mar 19, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #148,935 of 177,750
Steins;Gate (of course)
Zankyou no Terror
Durarara!!
Usagi Drop
Angel Beats!
Samurai Champloo
Higashi no Eden
Psycho-Pass

Good taste.
You might catch some hate for liking Zankyou no Terror, but I have your back, man. It had its flaws but ultimately did more right than wrong.

Persona 4 The Animation

Oh really? Have you seen the new version yet? And what about the game itself? It's super awesome.

My favorites just for schiits and giggles:

Psycho-Pass
Hyouka
Space Dandy
The Monogatari stuff
Gankutsuou
Mononoke (not the princess)
Evangelion
Shinsekai yori
Death Parade
Durarararararararararara
Serial Experiments Lain