「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 18, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #148,891 of 177,750

So what are VNs called that have barely any H and a big focus on stroy etc?

You are part of a really tiny minority!

There isn't a specific term for that AFAIK. But in general, games with more NVL scenes are more story-focused.
NVL is devirved from NoVeL as opposed of ADV from ADVenture game. What they mean basically is this:

NVL mode

ADV mode

Yeah, I'm aware.... shame I can't enjoy the art of female homosexuality....

But in general, the Japs don't use the word "Visual Novel", they refer it as "galge" so shouldn't that make Visual Novel = Bishoujo-game/Galge

Well, to my (limited) knowledge, they just refer to non-galge VNs simply as "games". 

And yes, it does look like a reskin of Project DIVA.

W-O-W...... That's just lazy........ I thought it was just some DLC for Project DIVA at first.

LOL!! Is that a banned word in here now?

btw do you mind going on skype for a moment?

Mar 18, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #148,894 of 177,750
  There isn't a specific term for that AFAIK. But in general, games with more NVL scenes are more story-focused.
NVL is devirved from NoVeL as opposed of ADV from ADVenture game. What they mean basically is this:

Yeah, I'm aware.... shame I can't enjoy the art of female homosexuality....

Huh, did not know that this is a thing.
I guess I'll do some heavy VNDB browsing if I ever feel like playing a VN.

What about male? :3

Mar 18, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #148,897 of 177,750
  Oooooo---kaaaaaay....... Somehow I'm not in the mood for Yuru Yuri because of Hyouka

It's starting to kick in......

Well, I have yet to experience any work featureing yaoi so I really can't say anything as of now..... But I'm sure I won't go out of my way to see some.

Okay, so no dumb religious reasons :D
I'm also not someone who intentionally watched a show because it features stuff like this.
I know we have a few people in here who do though.

Mar 18, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #148,898 of 177,750

Okay, so no dumb religious reasons :D
I'm also not someone who intentionally watched a show because it features stuff like this.
I know we have a few people in here who do though.

Nah, I have no problem with people being homosexual..... just don't make out in front of me. lol

Mar 18, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #148,900 of 177,750
  Start hating this world running into integrity issues... altho i must admit i'm a shxtty guy .... : (
Today is a bad day....

And so i run around and bought tons of stuff for my plastic modelling hobby.... :frowning2:

Woah... what happened?

Mar 18, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #148,901 of 177,750

Woah... what happened?

Just something bad about the audio biz 
woteva i'm used to these
frown.gif

Mar 18, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #148,903 of 177,750
The Kinokuniya in SF is nice and big. I should check out the one in Seattle too, but Chinatown is so sketchy...

@miceblue, I can give some info since I'm working on some of the scaling stuff
tongue.gif
gotta start supporting higher resolutions like 4K well so scaling is getting cleaned up. and by cleaned up I mean hacked on top of
tongue.gif
also dont get me started on the settings....

Lol, Chinatown in Seattle? Nawww, it's not that bad. Just mostly the bus stop. As long as you're not there late at night, it's not bad at all. There are definitely worse places in Seattle to be at night.

Heh, wonder if you're also working on something I went to M$ to test the other day in Redmond :D

:ok:
And yes, it does look like a reskin of Project DIVA.

Hmm, if this comes out on PS3 I'll arr the heck out of it.

Mar 18, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #148,904 of 177,750

Public transit in LA doesn't even connect a train to LAX which is awful! Usually take a shuttle to the airport or get dropped off, was pretty bad. 

Our Kinokuniya is on the second floor of the building and only a single floor. There is a Kinokuniya tucked away in a Mitsuwa marketplace in Orange County which is super tiny and literally has most of its products coming from the LA one when they are looking to cycle new books in the LA one lol.

Wow, that is really bad D:

Huh, again that's really surprising to me... Especially since you said yours carries doujin CDs and the one in Seattle doesn't. I just figured with a larger population of Asians (presumably) that there would be a larger Kinokuniya there. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back