「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 20, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #148,981 of 177,750
  Ordered. Everything should be set. 

Nop. Have zero experience with arduino stuff. As for the cables and such, I think our school has that stuff? Since the lab is for DLD students, they should have jumper cables? 

Should lol.

Well good luck. 

You have done C++ before right? Arduino is basically C++ with some extra pre-defined functions, and pre other stuff that it sets.

http://playground.arduino.cc/Learning/PhotoResistor

Code:
[color=rgb(79, 78, 78)] int lightPin = 0; //define a pin for Photo resistor int ledPin=11; //define a pin for LED void setup() { Serial.begin(9600); //Begin serial communcation pinMode( ledPin, OUTPUT ); } void loop() { Serial.println(analogRead(lightPin)); //Write the value of the photoresistor to the serial monitor. analogWrite(ledPin, analogRead(lightPin)/4); //send the value to the ledPin. Depending on value of resistor //you have to divide the value. for example, //with a 10k resistor divide the value by 2, for 100k resistor divide by 4. delay(10); //short delay for faster response to light. }[/color]

But essentially you just wire up the photo sensor on the bread board with resistors (if needed) and connect it to the correct analog input that you set in your code. You just have to initially do a base measuring of the laser on the sensor and do a cout << " TEST: " << variable << endl; or something or use the real time measuring in Arduino to see the variable and do a few runs of that.

Dude uses the serial connection to constantly monitor the data and uses a predefined Arduino syntax of pinMode( ledpin, output); giving it the value of 11 for the LED and defining it as an output. 

You probably need to modify and or write your own code utilizing possibly only analogRead(lightPin) to see a base case unless you want to use serial print. Test it a few runs and then use an if loop or maybe a do while loop to get it to run at least once. 

Mar 20, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #148,982 of 177,750
lol mechgamer123
I get home, boot up W10, check for updates, and what I thought was just a Windows Defender definition update may have just been the next version of W10.

I wonder if this is the one with Project Spartan? : o
For reference, I was using version 9926 before, which is what you have on that flash drive.

Mar 20, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #148,983 of 177,750
lol mechgamer123
I get home, boot up W10, check for updates, and what I thought was just a Windows Defender definition update may have just been the next version of W10.

I wonder if this is the one with Project Spartan? : o
For reference, I was using version 9926 before, which is what you have on that flash drive.

Hahahaha nice! I guess I can just download the newest version from M$ too, oh well. such is life for Windows users. You think it's only a small update but then your PC is down for 20 minutes updating :p

Mar 20, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #148,984 of 177,750

Friend has made his idolmaster panel flyer for Sakuracon, happening soon. 
biggrin.gif

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Mar 20, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #148,985 of 177,750
Hahahaha nice! I guess I can just download the newest version from M$ too, oh well. such is life for Windows users. You think it's only a small update but then your PC is down for 20 minutes updating :p

Guuuuh........Microsoft, y u so troll??

It was the newest version of W10 after all: 10041

No Project Spartan yet.

OH YES! They added the ability to drag windows from a virtual desktop to another one, just like in Mac OS X. Finally. This might actually be useful now!
e.g drag Firefox window from virtual desktop 1 in WIN+tab view into virtual desktop 2
or
drag Firefox window from virtual desktop 1 in WIN+tab view into a new virtual desktop by hovering the window over the "new desktop" button

The Start Menu looks much nicer now and has a transparent background.

They also fixed that dumb WiFi Metro settings app and replaced that annoyance with a much more traditional popup.

I inadvertently discovered some keyboard shortcuts that I did with OS X keyboard shortcuts. XD
WIN+` activates/deactivates tablet mode
Alt+esc cycles through programs on the Taskbar without bringing the Alt+tab window previews
WIN+s opens the search bar without opening the Start Menu and pops up even if you have the search bar disabled/hidden from the Taskbar

In tablet mode, the Start Menu is always full-size and you can't adjust it back to normal size, unlike in non-tablet mode. Also, the desktop is completely inaccessible; you can't click on anything on the desktop and the whole thing gets faded out a bit.

I'm actually really liking W10! I'm quite pleased with how it is at the moment compared to 8.1.

Mar 20, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #148,986 of 177,750
  Me too! Maybe. The train ticket is so expensive and I sure as hell will not drive there with the car.

IEM mustardrace.

Hooo.... unexpected.
I'm enjoying my free ME ticket there

Let's see if I can get this Rhapsodio by the end of this month.
If not then maybe A83 would suffice

Time for S2!

You bet.

Mar 20, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #148,990 of 177,750
  Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (old graphics, haven't watched it)
Monogatari Series: Second Season (I have seen Bakemonogatari, it was average and a bit boring)
Cowboy Bebop (old graphics, haven't watched it)
Natsume Yuujinchou Shi (seems boring)
Aria the Origination (not sure what is this)
Ping Pong The Animation (dropped after 3 episodes, a bit boring)
Haikyuu!! (not sure what is this)

I have seen School Days, it was great actually. The unexpected ending is what made this anime great.

Are old graphics really a reason for you to not watch something? You are missing out on a lot.

You seem to be bored quickly :|
Made it through all of Mushishi without dying?

That is a really unpopular opinion :D

You dont' like it yeah. But it was honestly fricking awesome for those of us that did. (many of us)

Not my cup of tea. Doesn't mean that I can't acknowledge how good it is.

And now, for something completely different (and less sad):

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1013983

Is that a 3D model?

Mar 20, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #148,991 of 177,750
Mar 20, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #148,993 of 177,750
Mar 20, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #148,995 of 177,750

Users who are viewing this thread

Back