「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 10, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #100,951 of 177,750
I just finished the OreImo S2 OVAs (ONAs?). Dat ending.

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #100,952 of 177,750
VortexBlast, Google keeps my contact info so that makes it easy whenever I update and then I just install the apps I want, and it's easy since I only need music+netflix+candy crush+Facebook haha

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #100,953 of 177,750
All this STAX talk. I was SO close to getting some 007s but I don't want to trap myself in the limited amp selection out there. I would need to see if someone has made a DIY bias supply/impedence matching transformer for stat ear speakers, then all you would need is a custom cable that splits those leads from the signal lead and you could use any amp you want.

Lol, I would consider that a good thing! Then you won't be tempted to try out different amps and such and waste more money!

Just bought Motorola 6141 :D

Why?

Finally, effing finished installing Cyanogenmod on my phone.
I encountered lots of problems from installing to restoring contacts and messages. I guess I really need to back up more often. Manual back up by pulling the contact database is such a pain.

Titanium Backup. 
wink.gif

I just installed CM11 on my Nexus 4 the other day and after waiting about an hour, all 100 of my apps, SMSes, call logs, contacts and everything else were back on my phone.

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #100,954 of 177,750

They are officially ONA's but ....to be perfectly fair, while they are Net Animations, they are direct continuation of the main season and is for the most part, considered part of the Season 2. They just couldn't fit it in with the main season due to seasonal TV airing times...and some other factors. 

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #100,955 of 177,750
  They are officially ONA's but ....to be perfectly fair, while they are Net Animations, they are direct continuation of the main season and is for the most part, considered part of the Season 2. They just couldn't fit it in with the main season due to seasonal TV airing times...and some other factors. 

Wake Up Girls is doing something similar to what Oreimo did.

In the sense that it had too much for the 11-13 ep seasonal air time constraint, but not enough, (or budget or other reasons) for 24 episodes for two seasons.

So they released a Movie at the same time as the anime airing. The movie is a prequel to the anime that just got released and should be watched first to introduce a lot of 'backstory' to the anime. Another smart way to do things.

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #100,956 of 177,750

Dat ending indeed....

Did not like it at all. Made little to no sense. Unrational as all hell.

I watched three episodes of Fate/stay night so far and I really don't feel the magic (olololol).
Screw this, I'll take a look at Fate/Zero now.

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #100,957 of 177,750
VortexBlast, Google keeps my contact info so that makes it easy whenever I update and then I just install the apps I want, and it's easy since I only need music+netflix+candy crush+Facebook haha

I know that, it's just that I made the mistake to turn off syncing my contacts with Google and not backing up regularly. Some was restored but recently added contacts didn't sync to my account.

Anyway, I received (well 3 days ago) my Tachikawa T-36W pen holder.

I still need to get used inking with it but the result looks very good.

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #100,958 of 177,750
  Dat ending indeed....

Did not like it at all. Made little to no sense. Unrational as all hell.

I watched three episodes of Fate/stay night so far and I really don't feel the magic (olololol).
Screw this, I'll take a look at Fate/Zero now.

-_-

Why not just watch the main anime? Part of F/Z's 'magic' is in watching its charactes and then going What HOLY SCHIIT I REMEMBER THAT FROM FSN. 
F/Z uses that a lot in its show.

It made no sense because it wasn't the true true canon ending. It was canon in a sense, but the author has publically said that that ending was the MOST that could be done on public TV station they were using. The TV station literally told the oreimo author that what the author wanted for an ending would not fly.

The author has shown interest in continuing the true ending he/she wants through another fashion

KIIITTTTAAAAAAA

It's here! It's here!

I opened my mail box today and saw two envelope packages from Germany(I wasn't sure if Germany or Netherlands until I saw Frankfurt on it) but yeah. I was like What? Did Rikkun or TYG? But then was like..impossibru, they don't know my address? 

Also...did it go through France? What's with the French then?

But then I opened it up...and KIIIITTAAAAA! It's here! The stuff I ordered last month is here! With size comparison next to a mountain dew can.

I ordered these 3 (computer or vehicle) stickers to the cost of $10 total last month. I thought it was shipping from USA :/ oh well. 

I've had my laptop for a few years now. Never put any stickers on it. Until now ..... :D YESSSS!!

ITS HERE! **** YEAH!

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #100,959 of 177,750
  -_-

Why not just watch the main anime? Part of F/Z's 'magic' is in watching its charactes and then going What HOLY SCHIIT I REMEMBER THAT FROM FSN. 
F/Z uses that a lot in its show.

It made no sense because it wasn't the true true canon ending. It was canon in a sense, but the author has publically said that that ending was the MOST that could be done on public TV station they were using. The TV station literally told the oreimo author that what the author wanted for an ending would not fly.

The author has shown interest in continuing the true ending he/she wants through another fashion

Well maybe I'll get the same effect but in reverse if I decide to watch FSN after it? :3
Right now I'm not even sure if I'm that interested in the Fate series at all....I just wanted to check it out because it got so many glowing reviews on MAL.
Magicians, the Holy Grail, highschool kids that are secretly super cool warrior persons....it sounds so cheesy :frowning2:

That is BS.
Why is Oreimo not allowed to have its "true" ending if other shows like Imouto something something can show stupidly censored lesbian sex and masturbation on TV?

Oh and nice stickers you got there. Not bad for ten bucks.
I'm rather happy that I don't live in Frankfurt....city with the highest crime rate in Germany.
maybe because it is also the financial center of the country :p

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #100,960 of 177,750
C.C.:
If I grant you power, could you go on? I propose a deal—in exchange for this power, you must agree to make my one wish come true. Accept this contract, and you accept its conditions. While living in the world of humans, you will live unlike any other: a different providence, a different time, a different life. The Power of the King will condemn you to a life of solitude. Are you prepared for this?

Panda: 
Hell-z to the yes! 

Jan 10, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #100,962 of 177,750
  Well maybe I'll get the same effect but in reverse if I decide to watch FSN after it? :3
Right now I'm not even sure if I'm that interested in the Fate series at all....I just wanted to check it out because it got so many glowing reviews on MAL.
Magicians, the Holy Grail, highschool kids that are secretly super cool warrior persons....it sounds so cheesy :frowning2:

That is BS.
Why is Oreimo not allowed to have its "true" ending if other shows like Imouto something something can show stupidly censored lesbian sex and masturbation on TV?

Oh and nice stickers you got there. Not bad for ten bucks.
I'm rather happy that I don't live in Frankfurt....city with the highest crime rate in Germany.
maybe because it is also the financial center of the country :p

I'm extremely lukewarm with stuff from Type-Moon(Game STudio of FSN and F/Z and Kara no Kyoukai) and Ufotable(Animation STudio for F/Z and Kara no Kyoukai). (Studio Deen animated FSN 2006, but Ufotable will get FSN 2014)

I find that while its not so glowing as the reviews seem. I also realize why people like it and why the reviews are so high. It's because they do it so fricking well. The entire story, cast, and plot are tight as ****. From the action, to the execution, its entertaining. IT's not special special with plot twists or anything(although it does have a few), its more so an anime series that serves as the 'benchmark' that many anime still can't reach.

It's like the Superman or Batman comics. Nothing too interesting today, but in its time when it came out, AND to this day. It serves as a benchmark quality series that still does MANY things right, and serves as a classic.

The TV Studios were cited for the reason for Oreimo itself and the time slot. Timeslot + TV studio terms were big problems for Oreimo. A lot of the really really 'heavy' imo shows show later than Oreimo did and was slated for. 

It may also play into societal values. While the regular stupid moe imo shows were heavy with near pron. They were also stupid and 'unbelievable'. They generally also didn't go full incest and choose for safe routes at the end if you actually watch.

Oreimo while still not believable was set with a more serious and 'legit' tone. The character was rebellious like many teens in that time, and the anime spent a lot of time building up character values, societal expectations, and their lives. This stuff is a bigger danger to Japanese societal values than the schittty imo LN adaptations. And keep in mind the time slot. 

Jan 10, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #100,964 of 177,750

Finally, effing finished installing Cyanogenmod on my phone.
I encountered lots of problems from installing to restoring contacts and messages. I guess I really need to back up more often. Manual back up by pulling the contact database is such a pain.

Titanium Backup. 
wink.gif

I just installed CM11 on my Nexus 4 the other day and after waiting about an hour, all 100 of my apps, SMSes, call logs, contacts and everything else were back on my phone.

Apps maybe. I wouldn't trust TB with system things, like contacts. Especially since i was transitioning from 2.3.6 to 4.2.2. So I just used something (forgot which it was) that exports contacts/call logs/SMSs I think as XML or some other "plain/neutral" format and imported it. Sadly, the WiFi didn't rearlly work (it was another app, though) but everything else went flawless

Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry, but why am I watching Fate/Stay Night first?
Wouldn't it be smarter to watch Fate/Zero first because it's a) the prequel and b) a better way for me to find out if I'm even interested in the whole Fate/blabla business?

Because you generally don't watch such derivative works without knowing the originals? They are usually made for people who already know the source.

There is no reason not to now since it is in HD and has subs.

Except the fact that it sucks.
I have never seen it and I don't care enough to watch it, but I will sh.it on it because why not - I'm on the internet. :p

Jan 10, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #100,965 of 177,750

Titanium Backup. 
wink.gif

Apps maybe. I wouldn't trust TB with system things, like contacts. Especially since i was transitioning from 2.3.6 to 4.2.2. So I just used something (forgot which it was) that exports contacts/call logs/SMSs I think as XML or some other "plain/neutral" format and imported it. Sadly, the WiFi didn't rearlly work (it was another app, though) but everything else went flawless

TiBu actually gives you the option to restore files as an XML file OR some other format that's quicker but less compatible.

@Big bowei: That sticker looks nice!

Well schiit, I think I've definitely had better weeks than this one... >.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back