「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 10, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #100,936 of 177,750

Ooh, you must watch it. The creepy loli faces only make it that much more disturbing when they go on a murderous rampage.

I guess so but.... :frowning2:

Only thing that kept me away from JoJo so far, are the meh visuals. *sigh*

I want some STAX too! Would be waaaaay to expensive to import them though.

Lol, you just have to learn to deal with it. Maybe watch some really old stuff with crappy visuals to get yourself adjusted? 
tongue.gif

Yup, I can imagine the VAT would make everything quite expensive over there... Though I have seen a couple pairs of SR-202s going for ~200 euros (without an amp iirc) which might be moderately affordable? 
Also, if you're used to the SM-64, which from what I've heard is a fair bit warm, STAX may sound a bit too bright to you. It's weird though. I don't really like bright headphones, and the STAX are undoubtedly a bit bright (other than the really old ones) but they're never piercing or painful to listen to like dynamics that are bright, or the few planars I've heard that have treble spikes.

Jan 10, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #100,937 of 177,750
Jan 10, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #100,938 of 177,750
  Lol, you just have to learn to deal with it. Maybe watch some really old stuff with crappy visuals to get yourself adjusted? 
tongue.gif

Yup, I can imagine the VAT would make everything quite expensive over there... Though I have seen a couple pairs of SR-202s going for ~200 euros (without an amp iirc) which might be moderately affordable? 
Also, if you're used to the SM-64, which from what I've heard is a fair bit warm, STAX may sound a bit too bright to you. It's weird though. I don't really like bright headphones, and the STAX are undoubtedly a bit bright (other than the really old ones) but they're never piercing or painful to listen to like dynamics that are bright, or the few planars I've heard that have treble spikes.

The worst looking one I've seen so far was Kino no Tabi.
But the visuals are really not imporatant in this anime.

Yeah, I already read things like this about the STAX. Too bad that there is most likely no way that I will ever get the chance to demo a pair :p

Bookmarked. Let's see for how many this setup will go away.

Quick question: What is the difference between the normal version of Fate/Stay Night and the TV reproduction?

Nevermind, it's some kind of OVA.

Two one hour long recaps....can I just watch these and then skip to Fate/Zero? :D

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #100,939 of 177,750
https://twitter.com/boringgeoffk

Lol.
Another one of those gaming "celebrity" parody accounts. You read it and you are like "OK, wow". It's kinda funny.
Then you realize there are real Geoff's tweets retweeted there and it's hard to distinguish them from the parody ones.

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #100,940 of 177,750

Yeah, I already read things like this about the STAX. Too bad that there is most likely no way that I will ever get the chance to demo a pair :p

Quick question: What is the difference between the normal version of Fate/Stay Night and the TV reproduction?

Nevermind, it's some kind of OVA.

Two one hour long recaps....can I just watch these and then skip to Fate/Zero? :D

What normal version? Besides the game, there is just the anime series and a movie.

The movie is not the 'regular' series. It also isn't complete canon in that its no the 'main' story line.

The movie Unlimited Blades Works follows another of the visual novels main heroines and her story. The anime didn't cover this of course as it stayed true to the 'main' line.

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #100,941 of 177,750
  What normal version? Besides the game, there is just the anime series and a movie.

The movie is not the 'regular' series. It also isn't complete canon in that its no the 'main' story line.

The movie Unlimited Blades Works follows another of the visual novels main heroines and her story. The anime didn't cover this of course as it stayed true to the 'main' line.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/7559/Fate/stay_night_TV_Reproduction

Okay, what I get from the reviews is that I should STAY (olololol) far away from this OVA.
I guess I'll watch the regular anime then.

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #100,944 of 177,750

tongue.gif

Visuals are never truly important in any anime, much like graphics aren't really important in video games.

Like I mentioned earlier, buy them for as cheap as you can find and if you don't like them, sell them for what you bought them for. You may have to eat the shipping charges, but that's fair enough for getting an extended demo of a headphone, don't you think?

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #100,946 of 177,750
All this STAX talk. I was SO close to getting some 007s but I don't want to trap myself in the limited amp selection out there. I would need to see if someone has made a DIY bias supply/impedence matching transformer for stat ear speakers, then all you would need is a custom cable that splits those leads from the signal lead and you could use any amp you want.

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #100,948 of 177,750
  Visuals are never truly important in any anime, much like graphics aren't really important in video games.

Like I mentioned earlier, buy them for as cheap as you can find and if you don't like them, sell them for what you bought them for. You may have to eat the shipping charges, but that's fair enough for getting an extended demo of a headphone, don't you think?

Goes without saying. But sometimes bad executed animations etc can be such a party pooper....

That's true, I guess. Maybe someday....

Sorry, but why am I watching Fate/Stay Night first?
Wouldn't it be smarter to watch Fate/Zero first because it's a) the prequel and b) a better way for me to find out if I'm even interested in the whole Fate/blabla business?

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #100,949 of 177,750
SnK has been added to Netflix!

It has subs AND IS IN HD!

If you have a Netflix account and want to watch SnK, please do so instead.

There is no reason not to now since it is in HD and has subs. 

This helps support the anime industry actually and helps bring more anime to Netflix.

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #100,950 of 177,750
Finally, effing finished installing Cyanogenmod on my phone.
I encountered lots of problems from installing to restoring contacts and messages. I guess I really need to back up more often. Manual back up by pulling the contact database is such a pain.

I really need to catch up to Nagi no Asukara.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back