「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 1, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #53,491 of 177,747
Quote:
I call dibs on the first one to the right.

Did the thread break?

We break it quite often :)
Quote:

I know Mech would know this....

Just sharing some gems I found on konachan.com when perusing for something P-H worthy.

Her face looks very Saya-y

http://www.head-fi.org/t/649200/rha-ma-350-review-and-unboxing

Review is up.

Over 1.27K words. Phew.

I actually spent time on English this time. Hope it is noticeable.

There is a bad spin on many audiophile reviewers for being really bad. I try not to be all pro company and etc. I hope that shows through in my reviews.

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #53,492 of 177,747

I know Mech would know this....

Just sharing some gems I found on konachan.com when perusing for something P-H worthy.

Oh god, why...

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #53,493 of 177,747
[VIDEO]http://youtube.com/watch?v=KOJO9AL9GWw[/VIDEO]

Playing around with imovie is fun.

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #53,496 of 177,747
Originally Posted by bowei006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There is a bad spin on many audiophile reviewers for being really bad. I try not to be all pro company and etc. I hope that shows through in my reviews.

Why didn't you compare it to anything?

Also, if you're talking about the highs, you really should be identifying any noticeable treble peaks, giving the location and magnitude of them to the best of your ability. This will instill confidence in the reader, as it'll prove that the reviewer actually knows a thing or two about sound.

If I was reading a review, I'd love to see a small summary near the conclusion saying everything negative about the product.

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #53,497 of 177,747
Well if we get shown the process, we may not need to keep asking for help right?

I guess we all like to keep some cards close to our chest to make ourselves look like the pro :cool: Chase's render of the madoka scene looks just like the stock photoshop find edges filter for example :p

Basically you resample to 1200dpi using the image->image size options then use image->adjustments->threshold option to convert to hard black and white. But the result may not look good right off the bat. The common improvements are to adjust the threshold level and to run a large radius high amount unsharp mask before the threshold... got it? :wink:

But don't be afraid to bug me to do it for you, I enjoy playing with images :wink:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 1, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #53,498 of 177,747
Quote:

Why didn't you compare it to anything?

Also, if you're talking about the highs, you really should be identifying any noticeable treble peaks, giving the location and magnitude of them to the best of your ability. This will instill confidence in the reader, as it'll prove that the reviewer actually knows a thing or two about sound.

If I was reading a review, I'd love to see a small summary near the conclusion saying everything negative about the product.

I noticed a trend.

Good IEM reviews are all done without telling the audience what you compare it to and what your test equipment is. At that level, you imply that you are at a point where you can just do the review and tell them to listen. It has worked well on many reviews.

There is a barrier point that most IEM's have. The MA-350's have a stopage at that high freq barrier as it tries to pass but can't. The actual problem is with a point below that one where the highs flucuate a bit. This creates a bit of a spike and fatigue.

Pro's and Con's section?

Yeah, that will add to objectivity then. Ok

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #53,499 of 177,747
Well if we get shown the process, we may not need to keep asking for help right?

Code Geass Akito PV 2 released 
gs1000.gif

akito ain't got nothin' on lelouch :)
i like it, don't cook it.
What!??

Ignoring!??

No.

I was out on volutneer today

Played Video games

Edited videos

Editing more videos

listening to music for review.

I only skimmed posts today.

-____-

Seriously

please bring it to my attention if anyone feels that way. 

:D yay panda wasn't angry

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #53,501 of 177,747
I guess we all like to keep some cards close to our chest to make ourselves look like the pro :cool: Chase's render of the madoka scene looks just like the stock photoshop find edges filter for example :p

Basically you resample to 1200dpi using the image->image size options then use image->adjustments->threshold option to convert to hard black and white. But the result may not look good right off the bat. The common improvements are to adjust the threshold level and to run a large radius high amount unsharp mask before the threshold... got it? :wink:

But don't be afraid to bug me to do it for you, I enjoy playing with images :wink:

Hmm, guess I know who i can bother when I run into troubles...that and i'm a lazy person :p

I need to learn more advanced photoshop techniques...when i get the time to

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #53,503 of 177,747
Quote:
We break it quite often :)
Her face looks very Saya-y

http://www.head-fi.org/t/649200/rha-ma-350-review-and-unboxing

Review is up.

Over 1.27K words. Phew.

I actually spent time on English this time. Hope it is noticeable.

Review was pretty informative. Alu shells are indeed very tough. My old Denon C751 and 551 didn't even blink at being run over by a car. A heavy footed family member would do nothing to them. That said the RHA design isn't as robust looking. Might pick one up, they're pretty cheap.

Quote:
iMovie is indeed fun. I made a fricking awesome movie trailer 2 years ago.

I hate video editing. 

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #53,505 of 177,747
Quote:
Review was pretty informative. Alu shells are indeed very tough. My old Denon C751 and 551 didn't even blink at being run over by a car. A heavy footed family member would do nothing to them. That said the RHA design isn't as robust looking. Might pick one up, they're pretty cheap.

I hate video editing. 

Yeah, that is what I was worried about. I am not about to do a test on them obviously. 

I am fine with it.
Quote:

I haven't gained weight in the past 4-5 years.

Same

Users who are viewing this thread

Back