「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 1, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #53,509 of 177,747
Quote:
I'm pretty consistently under-weight myself.

It's ok :D well... you can't be over/underweight until you're finished growing
Quote:
I fluctuate between 72 and 78kg, which I guess is fairly heavy for 5' 9". Mostly due to how much free time I have to eat

I'm around the 73-75ish now that I haven't exorcised. Been that way for months 
Quote:
Yeah, that is what I was worried about. I am not about to do a test on them obviously. 

I am fine with it.
Same

Anorexic panda. Doesn't add up. You're supposed to be fat!
Quote:
I haven't gained weight in the past 4-5 years.

eek.gif

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #53,510 of 177,747
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But don't be afraid to bug me to do it for you, I enjoy playing with images
wink.gif

Soo...you can undress lolis? 
size]

I noticed a trend.

Good IEM reviews are all done without telling the audience what you compare it to and what your test equipment is. At that level, you imply that you are at a point where you can just do the review and tell them to listen. It has worked well on many reviews.

There is a barrier point that most IEM's have. The MA-350's have a stopage at that high freq barrier as it tries to pass but can't. The actual problem is with a point below that one where the highs flucuate a bit. This creates a bit of a spike and fatigue.

I can see that you're passionate about reviewing gear, but I think you should take the time to critique your own review.

What would you rate your review, on a scale of one to ten?

Feb 2, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #53,511 of 177,747
Quote:
Most of my video editing is from rendered animation, so I like getting it right in the render. Fixing it in post is just sloppy. Colour effects and stuff...sure that's ok.

Oh that's what you meant. I like regular easy editing. Cuts, effects, renderings, etc etc. I hate the fancy stuff.
Quote:
It's ok :D well... you can't be over/underweight until you're finished growing
Anorexic panda. Doesn't add up. You're supposed to be fat!
eek.gif

but im not -------

Feb 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #53,512 of 177,747
Quote:

Soo...you can undress lolis? 
size]

I can see that you're passionate about reviewing gear, but I think you should take the time to critique your own review.

What would you rate your review, on a scale of one to ten?

On an Imperial Scale

Where 5 is the average grade I would give to a mass majority of 'regular' reviews from well known consumer sites.

I would say a 6.5 to 7. Depends.

Feb 2, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #53,513 of 177,747
Originally Posted by bowei006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On an Imperial Scale

Where 5 is the average grade I would give to a mass majority of 'regular' reviews from well known consumer sites.

I would say a 6.5 to 7. Depends.

Okay, that's great!

Now ask yourself, "how could I make this a 10?", or, "what would a 10 look like?".

I've mentioned it a few times in the past, but are you familiar with darth nut's review of the O2?

Feb 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #53,514 of 177,747
Quote:

Okay, that's great!

Now ask yourself, "how could I make this a 10?", or, "what would a 10 look like?".

I've mentioned it a few times in the past, but are you familiar with darth nut's review of the O2?

I am fully aware of my English. Sadly. I skipped honors level English classes because I hated writing.

I was good at critiquing other papers and other stuff. Hilariously enough, I sucked at writing my own but was good at doing what teahers do.

I do not know that one

Feb 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #53,516 of 177,747
Quote:
I am fully aware of my English. Sadly. I skipped honors level English classes because I hated writing.

I was good at critiquing other papers and other stuff. Hilariously enough, I sucked at writing my own but was good at doing what teachers do.

I do not know that one

I don't have a problem with your English. I can tell it's not perfect but if the information is passed on clearly, I don't care unless your grammar and spelling is actually atrocious. I've read enough fanfic to wish I had time to beta their writing(or slap their current beta reader around the face for not doing a good job).

I also dislike the head-fi reliance on html. Screws with Chrome autocorrect and the built-in autocorrect is total schiit.

Feb 2, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #53,517 of 177,747
Quote:
I don't have a problem with your English. I can tell it's not perfect but if the information is passed on clearly, I don't care unless your grammar and spelling is actually atrocious. I've read enough fanfic to wish I had time to beta their writing(or slap their current beta reader around the face for not doing a good job).

I also dislike the head-fi reliance on html. Screws with Chrome autocorrect and the built-in autocorrect is total schiit.

ctrl+right click fixes everything

Thanks

Feb 2, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #53,518 of 177,747
Originally Posted by bowei006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was good at critiquing other papers and other stuff. Hilariously enough, I sucked at writing my own but was good at doing what teahers do.

I do not know that one

Don't worry, I'm sure your writing skills will improve with time. Keep reading, and more importantly, keep writing!

This is compulsory reading for any reviewer-to-be; I highly suggest reading it carefully, not just skimming through it.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/40313/stax-sr-007-omega-ii-a-review-after-4-years-of-ownership

If you can capture the ethos of this review, in your own reviews, I think you'll do great.

Feb 2, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #53,519 of 177,747
I'm pretty consistently under-weight myself.

Want some of mine? Lol
I've lost ~50 pounds over the last year and a half. Still have a long way to go though...
@Bowei: I can spot some minor errors in your English, but you're still able to convey your feelings well. It's nothing like some of the hilarious Chinese products I get that we're written in English with what appears to be google translate...

Feb 2, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #53,520 of 177,747
Quote:

Don't worry, I'm sure your writing skills will improve with time. Keep reading, and more importantly, keep writing!

This is compulsory reading for any reviewer-to-be; I highly suggest reading it carefully, not just skimming through it.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/40313/stax-sr-007-omega-ii-a-review-after-4-years-of-ownership

If you can capture the ethos of this review, in your own reviews, I think you'll do great.

I know what you mean. He also gives much better real explanations for soundstage and other things.

Well, one step at a time I guess 
cool.gif

I don't think anyone reviewing right now is at that stage,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back