「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 7, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #176,568 of 177,733
Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #176,569 of 177,733

Never thought of putting a starch mix at the end.

I still hate the Chinese voice actors. :D

--------------------

I think I'll go with the Asus Strix model, unless something unexpected happens.

319w power limit vs MSI's 240w, extra Virtuallink connector, custom I/O that suits my needs better and two 4-pin fan headers seems reasonable for that price. It will run hotter though at similar noise levels but that's not a concern for me.

Gigabyte and EVGA both seem to have fan issues on some models, so decided not to deal with them regardless of customer support reputation. Other brands either aren't that great performing for the price, fans don't turn off on idle, or they lack I/O options. :/

Really that wish MSI card had a type-c port.

Wanna buy it now but a small voice is telling me to wait a month just so any issues can be identified and fixed, just in case. :p The Radeon cards sadly seems to be having a very rough launch. :/

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #176,570 of 177,733

Sounds counterfeit

Aug 11, 2019 at 4:32 AM Post #176,571 of 177,733

I actually think its not bad poi.. though their dialogues are kinda like speaking chinese with japanese grammar, if you know what I am saying. While I am quite used to read such writing style on internet, hearing it still feels a bit awkward :/

Aug 11, 2019 at 5:28 AM Post #176,572 of 177,733
I actually think its not bad poi.. though their dialogues are kinda like speaking chinese with japanese grammar, if you know what I am saying. While I am quite used to read such writing style on internet, hearing it still feels a bit awkward :/

I get ya.

I mostly play the game (like 20 minutes every 3 months) in Chinese, but since some cutscenes are in Japanese with different voice actors because there is no Chinese version for them, it screws with my head. @_@

Their styles are quite common with voices in most of the Chinese games I've played, so they are growing on me just like overly squeeky Japanese lolita voices have, as creepy as it may seem to others around me. :p

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2019 at 5:29 AM Post #176,573 of 177,733
DSC00281.JPG DSC00280.JPG
Bought my first speaker amp lately to drive the raal, welp literally my most heavy (12.8kg according to official spec) audio purchase so far.
Well, sounds pretty good, looks like open-baffle design is the future for me poi

On anime side, finished Avatar and then Turn A Gundam some time ago. Both were masterpiece level good :D

Before watching Avatar, I was actually a bit worried about possibility of not able to get used to the english voice acting, which soon turned out to be a non-issue.
A main charm point of this show to me is the eastern style fighting moves, they really done some great jobs in animating those.
Story wise its also overall pretty good, I especially enjoyed S2.

Turn A is probably my most favorite gundam series now despite of being one with the least fights. There were some great ideas in the story and character development was done really well here.
And this insert song composed and sang by Kanno Youko herself is pure fabulous.

A bit behind progress on airing anime orz, but currently stars of this season to me are Lord El-Melloi, and Joshi Kousei no Mudazukai :D

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #176,574 of 177,733

On anime side, finished Avatar and then Turn A Gundam some time ago. Both were masterpiece level good :D

Before watching Avatar, I was actually a bit worried about possibility of not able to get used to the english voice acting, which soon turned out to be a non-issue.
A main charm point of this show to me is the eastern style fighting moves, they really done some great jobs in animating those.
Story wise its also overall pretty good, I especially enjoyed S2.

Turn A is probably my most favorite gundam series now despite of being one with the least fights. There were some great ideas in the story and character development was done really well here.
And this insert song composed and sang by Kanno Youko herself is pure fabulous.

A bit behind progress on airing anime orz, but currently stars of this season to me are Lord El-Melloi, and Joshi Kousei no Mudazukai :D

Avatar was truly a masterpiece. Enjoyed every moment of it.

Never watched Turn A before despite wanting to! Big fan of Syn Mead and I've always appreciated the Gundam shows that are more out there.

Recently watched Thunderbolt. Really enjoyed it for the different direction it took even though some don't. Unicorn was very well done, too. Some things could have been pushed a bit more but a very polished and refreshing take on the storyline.

---------------------

Surface Book 2 doesn't work very well in tent mode for gaming it seems. Wanted to make it into a compact tabletop console+controller setup to do some light gaming when I have short breaks on the go. Footprint is very small so I hoped I could flip it out even when space is limited to slowly work through my backlog of steam games, bit by bit.

The design unfortunately results in the heat getting trapped and immediately sucked back into the GPU in tent mode, quickly raising temps to 90+°C and throttling the whole thing, even with lighter games. That air is also heating up the passively cooled CPU, too... Gaming consistently is still not a thing for me it seems T-T

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #176,575 of 177,733
Avatar was truly a masterpiece. Enjoyed every moment of it.

Never watched Turn A before despite wanting to! Big fan of Syn Mead and I've always appreciated the Gundam shows that are more out there.

Recently watched Thunderbolt. Really enjoyed it for the different direction it took even though some don't. Unicorn was very well done, too. Some things could have been pushed a bit more but a very polished and refreshing take on the storyline.
Thunderbolt was great. It had that "real" feel in portaying the characters and their struggles. And hand drawn (or at least looks kind of like) mecha animation of such high quality is always nice to see. Those jazz bgm were nice match too.

While I liked unicorn, its more like standard gundam done well to me. The NT sequel seems a bit different though, am looking forward to more of it :)

Aug 11, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #176,577 of 177,733
I have different taste for gundam manga and gundam anime. for mangas I really like the side stories, the small team in the jungle (8th something), or the guys who basically become each other's nemesis because they don't share the same musical tastes(with one side composed of cripples, a constant tear-dropper that one. there is an anime of it too but I liked the manga better, which is rare for gundam). my favorite animes are pretty much the ones with the most deaths and the coolest fighting cinematic(ok I'm talking gundam but that's kind of true for all animes). I don't mind if it's the exact same story for the 25th time, or if they keep breaking up the fights before anybody dies for BS reasons just to have some more fights later. if they get mad, if it's super unfair, maybe someone scream a little and I see pretty fights, I'm happy. :innocent:
but I really enjoyed the last one with the mining company. we got back the Heero type of character from gundam wing, no emotion, can kill on demand, but still a nice dude inside if you get to know him

Aug 11, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #176,578 of 177,733
I have different taste for gundam manga and gundam anime. for mangas I really like the side stories, the small team in the jungle (8th something), or the guys who basically become each other's nemesis because they don't share the same musical tastes(with one side composed of cripples, a constant tear-dropper that one. there is an anime of it too but I liked the manga better, which is rare for gundam). my favorite animes are pretty much the ones with the most deaths and the coolest fighting cinematic(ok I'm talking gundam but that's kind of true for all animes). I don't mind if it's the exact same story for the 25th time, or if they keep breaking up the fights before anybody dies for BS reasons just to have some more fights later. if they get mad, if it's super unfair, maybe someone scream a little and I see pretty fights, I'm happy. :innocent:
but I really enjoyed the last one with the mining company. we got back the Heero type of character from gundam wing, no emotion, can kill on demand, but still a nice dude inside if you get to know him

Every single story I've enjoyed is just the same story told a million times with different skins. So if it's the same story, great! If not...I always want push it more to be that same old story or I sadly won't enjoy it to the fullest. :p

Or I'll binge YouTube.

And wonder if I should watch a movie or two before I die.

-------------------

A friend just messaged me to help fix their Nokia 6.1 phone. Although it's probably just a simple charging port swap, I can't say I'm comfortable with doing surgery on someone else's phone. No buyers protection and fairly long wait time for parts from me. :/

I don't mind doing it for a learning experience, but still, I hope he knows the risk and is okay if something breaks, or if the charging port dies in a month again.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #176,579 of 177,733
It's probably a long shot, but did anyone back the Okamoto Kitchen Kickstarter anime campaign? I live in Los Angeles, and I'm a customer of their food truck, so I HAD to back them.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1853752029/okamoto-kitchen-anime

They had a collaboration with Atlas at Anime Expo last month...the line for food was insane, haha.
Capture.PNG

Aug 12, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #176,580 of 177,733

Users who are viewing this thread

Back