1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge

First

Back
11762 11763 11764 11765 11766 11767 11768 11769 11770 11771
11773 11774 11775
Next

Last
  1. deadlylover
    The 5700XT looks like decent-ish value too if you don't need RTX.

Hmmmm I think shipping from Australia will kill the deal, and you probably don't want to deal with taxes and all that too.

I'm not allowed to say where I get them from but uhhh I can sometimes get normal crappy blower fan GTX 1080's for say.....about the cost of a new AAA game. Shipping might be about 60 dollarydoos (EUR37) to Germany.....wait why do I think you're from Germany again? I've been playing too much Azur Lane and seeing "U" in a name makes me think of a U-boat. XD

2. U-3C
    Canadian Canuck here. :D

Unfortunately, I do need RTX and CUDA support.

My options for the past years have been quite limited due to using an AMD card. :frowning2:

Oh no, I can already feel unconditional hate targeted towards me from unknown sources... :p

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  3. vantt1
    @Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san ep03:

t.jpg

Noice

U-3C, deadlylover and kn19h7 like this.
  4. U-3C
    While scouting the new GPUs, I can't help but marvel once again at how...interesting branding can be at times... :p

upload_2019-8-5_8-9-55.png

I personally prefer the IO on the high end Asus and Aorus cards (more than one HDMI on those). Going to prioritize noise and temps this time for a new GPU, despite loving the look of the reference card.

Gigabyte's fans seem to have had problems with past generation thus don't feel like dealing with the risk until I can see it's confirmed to be non-existant. Also don't think the price premium of the high end Asus and Gigabyte cards is worth it for me. Would rather spend that extra money on other stuff. The MSI 3 fan card looks nice but it lacks the USB-C port. :/

Hopefully the fan revving issue on gigabyte cards are no longer a thing with the new launch.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  5. vantt1

kn19h7 and U-3C like this.
  6. Accoun
    U-3C likes this.
  7. U-3C
    Thicc = sexy

Now I've seen it all. :D

----------------------

So far debating between EVGA's XC Ultra vs MSI's Trio cardz...

MSI has no USB C port which I could totally use now, EVGA simply has no reviews I can compare with, but I suspect MSI has better acoustics and thermals. EVGA's does have better I/O and it's ugly too. :p

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  8. U-3C

Never thought of putting a starch mix at the end.

I still hate the Chinese voice actors. :D

--------------------

I think I'll go with the Asus Strix model, unless something unexpected happens.

319w power limit vs MSI's 240w, extra Virtuallink connector, custom I/O that suits my needs better and two 4-pin fan headers seems reasonable for that price. It will run hotter though at similar noise levels but that's not a concern for me.

Gigabyte and EVGA both seem to have fan issues on some models, so decided not to deal with them regardless of customer support reputation. Other brands either aren't that great performing for the price, fans don't turn off on idle, or they lack I/O options. :/

Really that wish MSI card had a type-c port.

Wanna buy it now but a small voice is telling me to wait a month just so any issues can be identified and fixed, just in case. :p The Radeon cards sadly seems to be having a very rough launch. :/

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  9. vantt1
    Sounds counterfeit

U-3C likes this.
  10. kn19h7
    I actually think its not bad poi.. though their dialogues are kinda like speaking chinese with japanese grammar, if you know what I am saying. While I am quite used to read such writing style on internet, hearing it still feels a bit awkward :/

U-3C likes this.
  11. U-3C
    I get ya.

I mostly play the game (like 20 minutes every 3 months) in Chinese, but since some cutscenes are in Japanese with different voice actors because there is no Chinese version for them, it screws with my head. @_@

Their styles are quite common with voices in most of the Chinese games I've played, so they are growing on me just like overly squeeky Japanese lolita voices have, as creepy as it may seem to others around me. :p

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  12. kn19h7
    DSC00281.JPG DSC00280.JPG
    Bought my first speaker amp lately to drive the raal, welp literally my most heavy (12.8kg according to official spec) audio purchase so far.
    Well, sounds pretty good, looks like open-baffle design is the future for me poi

On anime side, finished Avatar and then Turn A Gundam some time ago. Both were masterpiece level good :D

Before watching Avatar, I was actually a bit worried about possibility of not able to get used to the english voice acting, which soon turned out to be a non-issue.
    A main charm point of this show to me is the eastern style fighting moves, they really done some great jobs in animating those.
    Story wise its also overall pretty good, I especially enjoyed S2.

Turn A is probably my most favorite gundam series now despite of being one with the least fights. There were some great ideas in the story and character development was done really well here.
    And this insert song composed and sang by Kanno Youko herself is pure fabulous.

A bit behind progress on airing anime orz, but currently stars of this season to me are Lord El-Melloi, and Joshi Kousei no Mudazukai :D

U-3C likes this.
  13. U-3C
    Avatar was truly a masterpiece. Enjoyed every moment of it.

Never watched Turn A before despite wanting to! Big fan of Syn Mead and I've always appreciated the Gundam shows that are more out there.

Recently watched Thunderbolt. Really enjoyed it for the different direction it took even though some don't. Unicorn was very well done, too. Some things could have been pushed a bit more but a very polished and refreshing take on the storyline.

---------------------

Surface Book 2 doesn't work very well in tent mode for gaming it seems. Wanted to make it into a compact tabletop console+controller setup to do some light gaming when I have short breaks on the go. Footprint is very small so I hoped I could flip it out even when space is limited to slowly work through my backlog of steam games, bit by bit.

The design unfortunately results in the heat getting trapped and immediately sucked back into the GPU in tent mode, quickly raising temps to 90+°C and throttling the whole thing, even with lighter games. That air is also heating up the passively cooled CPU, too... Gaming consistently is still not a thing for me it seems T-T

14. kn19h7
    Thunderbolt was great. It had that "real" feel in portaying the characters and their struggles. And hand drawn (or at least looks kind of like) mecha animation of such high quality is always nice to see. Those jazz bgm were nice match too.

While I liked unicorn, its more like standard gundam done well to me. The NT sequel seems a bit different though, am looking forward to more of it :)

15. U-3C
    That's the best I can put it.

Also looking forward to NT.

Gotta milk them designs both for the shows and the gunplas. :D

First

Back
11762 11763 11764 11765 11766 11767 11768 11769 11770 11771
11773 11774 11775
Next

Last