☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ The Liquid Carbon Upgrade Guide & Impressions Tour
Apr 20, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #377 of 423
  So how is the combination of gain switch & jack combinations supposed to be used?

Just depends on the headphones you're using. Use whichever gain allows you the greatest range of volume control, IMO.  So far, using HD600, LCD2, and K10s I've never used high gain.

Apr 20, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #378 of 423
  So how is the combination of gain switch & jack combinations supposed to be used?

Always use the High jack if possible as it's got a lower impedance.  Use whichever gain floats your boat.

Apr 20, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #380 of 423
  Do the later models with dual TRS/XLR jacks also have the padding resistor?

The LAu has the dual jacks and the Liquid Crimson has just TRS.  Both have High and Low options for the TRS jacks.

Apr 26, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #381 of 423
Hey guys, not sure if this question has been asked/addressed here before, but here goes anyway...

I got my LC 2 weeks ago, and I'm loving it.  However, it definitely wasn't enough time for me to instantly upgrade to a premium amp, as I need some time to really take in that Cavalli house sound.  However, I might end up feeling like I want to take the plunge in the future.  As such, will the loyalty upgrade discount apply to future premium amps made by Cavalli?

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #382 of 423
Hey guys, not sure if this question has been asked/addressed here before, but here goes anyway...

I got my LC 2 weeks ago, and I'm loving it.  However, it definitely wasn't enough time for me to instantly upgrade to a premium amp, as I need some time to really take in that Cavalli house sound.  However, I might end up feeling like I want to take the plunge in the future.  As such, will the loyalty upgrade discount apply to future premium amps made by Cavalli?

The code they provided via email specifically said it was for the recent run of the big amps. It didn't say anything about future amps and there's been no information one way or the other. I'd assume the worst (it won't apply) and hope for the best.

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #383 of 423
The code they provided via email specifically said it was for the recent run of the big amps. It didn't say anything about future amps and there's been no information one way or the other. I'd assume the worst (it won't apply) and hope for the best.

Thanks, I appreciate the response.  Guess I'll sit tight with my fingers crossed. :D

Apr 27, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #384 of 423

From the email I received from Cavalli:

"As we mentioned a few weeks ago, we are proud to offer you - the current owner of an initial-batch Liquid Carbon (serial number #00007) - an exclusive discount off the final production runs of our premium headphone amplifiers.

Don't miss this last chance to save big off of a new Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold, or Liquid Lightning 2T of your very own.

To take advantage of this discount, simply visit CavalliAudio.com and shop for your new amp!  Before you complete the check-out process, enter in the following coupon code to redeem your discount"

It seems clear that  the discount code is strictly for the final runs of the now discontinued premium amps, sorry.

Apr 29, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #385 of 423
Still on the fence.

Is this still a good value with $200 higher price compared to first batch, only 1 year warranty and no discount code for the big amps

At $800, what other amps can be considered?  I read about Mjolnir2, but that cannot be the only alternate.

Apr 29, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #386 of 423
Still on the fence.

Is this still a good value with $200 higher price compared to first batch, only 1 year warranty and no discount code for the big amps

At $800, what other amps can be considered?  I read about Mjolnir2, but that cannot be the only alternate.

I think you need to consider this amp on its face value and merits and not compared to the absurdly good deal and benefits those of us fortunate enough to get round 1 got.

I think this amp is amazing. Knowing what I know after living with it all these months I would buy it at 799 without hesitation. It has been giving me as much enjoyment as just about any high end audio hear gear I ever purchased.

So my answer is yes I think it is worth it.

Apr 29, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #387 of 423
  Still on the fence.

IMHO, it's still an absolute steal at $799. Plus, you're getting a whole new bag of bonus goodies.

Apr 29, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #388 of 423
  Still on the fence.

desktop: hifiman, Vorzuge, Audeze, Burson, Schiit, Lake People, Meier Audio
portable: fostex, cypher labs, ADL, iQube, CEntrance

When you get into DAC/Amp combos, there mojo, sony, onkyo, and many others.

I'm sure there are many more amps or amp/DACs at $800 or under. Is the LC worth $800? Only you can answer that for yourself. You need to balance form, function, and sound quality to meet your desires. Decide where you are going to use the amp, what are you hooking up to it, and if you also want a DAC.

Apr 29, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #389 of 423
I have the RSA HR-2, which I think is competitive (sells for about the same, but if you find one used, as I did, much less). Ray Samuels seems to have dropped off the radar around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back