“Beats by Dr. Dre”
May 14, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #556 of 634
Quote:

This is gross over-exaggeration. IMHO 95% of the world wont be able to tell the diff between m50s and the Studios. And the difference between them is not night and day. My girlfriend cannot tell the difference between the Sennheiser HD800s from my Edition 8..  or her Sony MDR XB700s. Does that mean she is deaf? Not at all. It takes alotta experience and 'training' to pick the difference up, differences that might initially appear very subtle. These differences are harder to tell with short 15min auditions. To 95% of the worlds population, they don't really care if there is any difference anyway. M50s are a cheap looking, boring, industrial headphone, whilst Beats look cool, street smart, are popular and according to a famous rapper, you're not hearing everything until you've heard his headphones.

True, and the M50's require an amp to sound at it's fullest as well.

Mar 25, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #557 of 634
Hi Guys,

I am doing a dissertation on the celebrity endorsement on Beats by Dre, whether it is the endorsement or the product itself that sells. If anyone could spend a little bit of time filling in my questionnaire I would very much appreciate it!

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s.asp?sid=2iqa3vrc042d58e225718

Thaaanks x

Mar 29, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #560 of 634
Hi Guys,

I am doing a dissertation on the celebrity endorsement on Beats by Dre, whether it is the endorsement or the product itself that sells. If anyone could spend a little bit of time filling in my questionnaire I would very much appreciate it!

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s.asp?sid=2iqa3vrc042d58e225718

Thaaanks x

No kidding! Im doing one on how much of an influence advertisements and celebrity endorsements are for consumers.

Mar 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #566 of 634
I was like 14 when Beats came out and back then I thought they were pretty cool...then the owners of them started skewing my perception.

Mar 29, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #567 of 634
I have many headphones and my cousin ( a beats fanboy) adked me why i bought other headphones when i could get beats fOr the same price. I tried to rxplain him that there was better out there but like many others he wouldnt listen. Why do so many kids i know think of beats as the best?

Mar 29, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #568 of 634
My coworker touts Beats as the greatest headphones around. Often I'll come into work with a Sennheiser Momentum or Shure and his response is always one of calling them junk and to get a real headphone like his beats. I have asked him to do a test with my Momentums, but even after hearing them he thinks it is junk (M's played through Sony Z walkman, E11 with 320kbs).

It annoys me to no end seeing guys on singing reality shows using Beats in the studio, shameless promotion for someone who is meant to be a professional.

Sorry for beating a dead horse, done to death I know.

Mar 29, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #569 of 634
You can come to work with an MDR-V6/7506 and countless images and stories of professionals, including Dre himself using them. Or you can come to work with an XB500 and blow his mind with a headphone that has an even stronger bass than Beats (and a pretty decent quality one at that).

If you want to convert people away from Beats, you need to be properly equipped.

It annoys me to no end seeing guys on singing reality shows using Beats in the studio, shameless promotion for someone who is meant to be a professional.

Apparently a lot of Beats headphones used by DJs/Performers/etc are heavily modded.

Mar 30, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #570 of 634
Im gonna try to convert my cousin away from beats! Itll be a challenge as he is very into looks, rap music and owning whats "cool". I have tried to do so with my words but he wouldnt listen and said i had awful taste in headphones. I gave up after that but ill try again. How must i be equipped?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back