“Beats by Dr. Dre”
Nov 15, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #531 of 634

Quote:
I'm fairly certain it's some sort of EQ, don't know for sure, or if you can turn it off/remove it. They're also ruining perfectly good phones with it as well, like the Droid RAZR. 

Ruining as in damaging?

Nov 15, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #533 of 634

Quote:
http://www.acquiremag.com/tech/headphones/beats-by-dre-executive.php

Boom..  Headshot.

Guys.  its the end of the world as we know it...

Should be renamed Beats Wannabe Corporate [bad word] Suit-Wearing Salesman edition.  Begins playback with "beats speaking" and ends with "thanks for that!".

This should be a smash hit with lower middle management.
cool.gif

Nov 15, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #534 of 634

Quote:
Should be renamed Beats Wannabe Corporate [bad word] Suit-Wearing Salesman edition.  Begins playback with "beats speaking" and ends with "thanks for that!".

This should be a smash hit with lower middle management.
cool.gif

This will be the most well sold product in the universe of portable audio. Its game over for you audiophile kind!!

Nov 15, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #535 of 634
I was at target yesterday. I walk into the electronics and to my horror I saw a full ISLE of beats merchandise. Did you know that Monster makes a sub woofer called a "Beats box"? It hit every note  in such a wrong way I thought I was listening to a different song, until I looked down and noticed it was indeed moonlight sonata. The beats box was $500 and on the box it says"The ultimate sound upgrade for any home theater system, feel the bass" Only two were left.....it had a glass case marked for them. I lost home in humanity, I rounded the corner and saw a Bose isle, I then began to weep. However I do have to say I like the new look of the Beats Solos. Also I may have to rob some one of the new beats and put my DT1350 drivers in them...Those look beautiful....

Nov 16, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #536 of 634
They'd probably just **** my AD's up....and the M50s may sound like beats
dt880smile.png

Beats are enjoyable for most hip hop/rap/modern pop for me though so I wouldn't mind it too much for those at least. But I'm a diverse listener so....yeah I'd be really restricted lol.

Quote:
Ruining as in terrible sound, making the phone worthless to me.

Nov 16, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #537 of 634
I let a female friend of mine listen to my sennheiser hd 25 1 ii and the beats studios/pros side by side.

Her impression was she liked the beats pros more. I asked here why and she couldn't put a finger on it. She then said that considering the pros cost $450 and my senns cost $199 she couldn't see anyone buying beats pros. She said she didn't notice much of a difference.

She thought the studios looked cheap.

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #539 of 634

Quote:
I let a female friend of mine listen to my sennheiser hd 25 1 ii and the beats studios/pros side by side.

Her impression was she liked the beats pros more. I asked here why and she couldn't put a finger on it. She then said that considering the pros cost $450 and my senns cost $199 she couldn't see anyone buying beats pros. She said she didn't notice much of a difference.

She thought the studios looked cheap.

I bought my gf a Monster Beats Solo and an Audio Technica ESW10JPN. She thinks the ESW10JPN sounds more natural but she prefers the Solo. The reason is that the Solos have less treble and sound warmer. My gf tends to listen very quietly and Solos are much easier to listen to for sensitive ears. Sucks though since the ESW10JPN costed me $650.

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:35 AM Post #540 of 634

Quote:

I bought my gf a Monster Beats Solo and an Audio Technica ESW10JPN. She thinks the ESW10JPN sounds more natural but she prefers the Solo. The reason is that the Solos have less treble and sound warmer. My gf tends to listen very quietly and Solos are much easier to listen to for sensitive ears. Sucks though since the ESW10JPN costed me $650.

keep it :D her loss lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back