“Beats by Dr. Dre”
Nov 16, 2011 at 3:51 AM Post #542 of 634

Quote:

I bought my gf a Monster Beats Solo and an Audio Technica ESW10JPN. She thinks the ESW10JPN sounds more natural but she prefers the Solo. The reason is that the Solos have less treble and sound warmer. My gf tends to listen very quietly and Solos are much easier to listen to for sensitive ears. Sucks though since the ESW10JPN costed me $650.

people like her can't tell the difference first, she need to use them both for about a week to realise that Beats are crap

Nov 16, 2011 at 5:21 AM Post #543 of 634
^I don't quite agree. If someone can't tell right away that the Beats are crap compared with something else in that price range, than give up. It won't come at them after a week because the difference is very obvious, and they either genuinely like crappy sound or they are fanboys who just need to stand up to Monster.

Also, get rid of your headphones or your gf. One clearly has to go.

Nov 16, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #544 of 634

Quote:
^I don't quite agree. If someone can't tell right away that the Beats are crap compared with something else in that price range, than give up. It won't come at them after a week because the difference is very obvious, and they either genuinely like crappy sound or they are fanboys who just need to stand up to Monster.

Also, get rid of your headphones or your gf. One clearly has to go.

Not everyone can appreciate good quality headphones and most importantly headphones aren't everything.

Nov 16, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #547 of 634

Quote:
Not everyone can appreciate good quality headphones and most importantly headphones aren't everything.

If someone can't tell, say, the Studios from something like the M50s, they're borderline having bad hearing. Also, your second point goes against your first one: so many people can't tell 2 headphones apart, yet something much less important as a source (at least much less important than the headphones) can make a huge difference? All I said was if someone doesn't right away notice the differences between those 2 headphones, then lending them for a week won't make much of a difference. Is this somehow wrong? Do you disagree? Because it seems like disagreeing for the sake of having an opinion.

Nov 16, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #548 of 634

Quote:
If someone can't tell, say, the Studios from something like the M50s, they're borderline having bad hearing. Also, your second point goes against your first one: so many people can't tell 2 headphones apart, yet something much less important as a source (at least much less important than the headphones) can make a huge difference? All I said was if someone doesn't right away notice the differences between those 2 headphones, then lending them for a week won't make much of a difference. Is this somehow wrong? Do you disagree? Because it seems like disagreeing for the sake of having an opinion.

This is gross over-exaggeration. IMHO 95% of the world wont be able to tell the diff between m50s and the Studios. And the difference between them is not night and day. My girlfriend cannot tell the difference between the Sennheiser HD800s from my Edition 8..  or her Sony MDR XB700s. Does that mean she is deaf? Not at all. It takes alotta experience and 'training' to pick the difference up, differences that might initially appear very subtle. These differences are harder to tell with short 15min auditions. To 95% of the worlds population, they don't really care if there is any difference anyway. M50s are a cheap looking, boring, industrial headphone, whilst Beats look cool, street smart, are popular and according to a famous rapper, you're not hearing everything until you've heard his headphones.

Nov 16, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #551 of 634

Quote:
I have to break up with a girl because she likes Beats? That doesn't strike you as hard to explain?

Just say that you realized her character was rather shallow and unrefined.

Nov 16, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #553 of 634

Quote:
I have to break up with a girl because she likes Beats? That doesn't strike you as hard to explain?

I hope your sarcastic.

Nov 22, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #555 of 634
 Can't we all just get along :'( ?

But just an analogy I saw before that I kind of liked: Many times, the difference between someone who can hear the difference in headphones/speakers/audio in general and those who can't is simply training. In the way that if one person is a trained engine mechanic, while the other has no experience, if an engine has a problem they'll both hear the same thing. However, the mechanic will have been experienced enough to pinpoint a problem, whereas the person without experience will hear something, but maybe won't notice/understand what they're hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back