“Beats by Dr. Dre”
Oct 11, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #496 of 634

Quote:

If Jesus can turn water to wine, maybe you can turn beats to Grados? :D

you can, throw them into a fire, Boil water with heat created by burning headphones, Use steam to turn turbines, Turbines create energy, sell the energy back to the power companies, Buy Grados.

Oct 11, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #498 of 634

Quote:
you can, throw them into a fire, Boil water with heat created by burning headphones, Use steam to turn turbines, Turbines create energy, sell the energy back to the power companies, Buy Grados.

Good sir, I respect and admire you.

Oct 13, 2011 at 4:50 AM Post #499 of 634
Nov 2, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #501 of 634
Well, now Interesting thread. Lots of vitriol, invectives, off topic content and ad hominem. If nothing else Beats headphones seem to invoke passion. I've owned a pair of Beats Solos for almost a year. They must be the first generation. There is no battery for noise cancellation or a control for mute or iPods or whatever that does. I paid $140 and feel like it was a decent enough value. I like the headphones. They have a warm, punchy sound to me. The headband has not broken. Are there better headphones for the money? Likely so.  I'll know for sure when the AT AHM 50s ($109 from Sound Professionals)  get here next week. The Sony MDR XB 700s are a steal in the $75 range. But I don't think anyone is a poser, sucker, or fool for purchasing Beats.

Nov 2, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #502 of 634
Wow you got them for a decent price. Not a great deal, but a decent one. The Solos don't have noise cancellation, only the Studios have that.

Also, no one said someone is [insert random insult here] for owning a pair of Beats headphones. We just say a lot [insert previous insult here] buy Beats headphones, but they don't become so by buying them.

Nov 2, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #503 of 634
my AD700's bass goes as deep as the beats by dr dre

Nov 2, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #505 of 634

Quote:
my mom's farts go as deep as beats by Dr Dre

bass cannons..what can i say.. 

well, i forgot to mention it goes as deep as the dres but the decibel levels aren't consistent 

Nov 2, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #506 of 634
I personally wouldn't buy those headphones,and  I can get more bang for my buck with another brand at the "Beats" price range. However, he wanted help with knowing which one of those is fake, and I provided the information to him/her, and that is all. To each their own, but I find them overrated and in my opinion, just a fad with the masses.

Quote:
everytime beats popped up on the website I wanted to burn something down, They were putting them ahead of AKG and sennheiser, but saying AKG and sennheiser make some of, if not eh best headphones around..... WHY!

Nov 8, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #507 of 634
I am trying to convince a couple of my friends not to buy beats because they are just ripping themselves off for mediocre audio at best. So what do you guys recommend as an alternative to, lets say the beats solo. Something flashy that does not cost an arm and/or a leg and sounds decent.

Nov 8, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #508 of 634

Quote:
I am trying to convince a couple of my friends not to buy beats because they are just ripping themselves off for mediocre audio at best. So what do you guys recommend as an alternative to, lets say the beats solo. Something flashy that does not cost an arm and/or a leg and sounds decent.

Skullcandy Aviator ? They completely destroyed the Solo HD subjectively and objectively. 

Nov 8, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #509 of 634

Quote:
For the love of God please remove the TM signs from the title of this thread. 
mad.gif

x2

Nov 8, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #510 of 634
Fixed.

After meeting the owner of V-MODA, Val, and trying some of his headphones, I'm more inclined to suggest those for people who want decent-sounding "bling" headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back