“Beats by Dr. Dre”
Mar 31, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #587 of 634
After all, don't they have a amp inside the phones?

Sorry, let me rephrase, yeah they have a inbuilt amp but I was hoping that plugging them into a more powerful amp would increase SQ but I guess that isn't the case (It just makes the sound muddy), interestingly enough they sound decent when plugged into my smartphone. They would actually be a pretty good pair of headphones if the price wasn't so high.

Mar 31, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #588 of 634
Sorry, let me rephrase, yeah they have a inbuilt amp but I was hoping that plugging them into a more powerful amp would increase SQ but I guess that isn't the case (It just makes the sound muddy), interestingly enough they sound decent when plugged into my smartphone. They would actually be a pretty good pair of headphones if the price wasn't so high.

I guess you are over amping the phones with any else other than a small mp3 and phones.

Mar 31, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #589 of 634
I guess you are over amping the phones with any else other than a small mp3 and phones.

Yeah I guess I was, honestly I don't know what I was thinking, amp + amp =/= higher SQ. But yeah I've learned not to do that again.

Apr 2, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #591 of 634
DACs notably have an high output impedance while the Studios have a really low input impedance (about 32 ohms). That's not so great.

If you drive a pair of headphones directly with a DAC you won't have any control over the volume unless you play around with the digital volume of your media player/PC (which should always be set at 100%). That's not good.

Apr 2, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #595 of 634
Quote:
I think that solo hd might be better because it doesn't have an amp in them. But I preferred studios. They were more balanced.

Solo HD and Studios = Its like when going from bad to worse 
rolleyes.gif

JK

Apr 3, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #597 of 634
Quote:
Lol are the solo hd bad or worse? They were both awful so i couldnt tell which was worse. Im just curious to know what u guys think.
biggrin.gif

The Solo HD are worse, a lot worse. 

Apr 3, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #598 of 634
The Studios are at least listenable. I found the Solos to be so unbearably warm as to be completely unenjoyable, and I like bass. They're the sonic recreation of an oven.

Apr 3, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #599 of 634
I don't get the build quality on them. They could at least use better material. They make it look like a toy. I went to the demo station for these at the local Best Buy, and the sets were broken and nonfunctional! Only one set worked, and it was only the right channel. They feel like one of those plasticky gaming headsets you buy at Walmart for $40.

Apr 4, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #600 of 634
I'm kinda like how the beats are priced cause this way other brands would have to compete with beat and make their products more competitive in price, This way, i can get the product I want for a more reasonable price, for instance srh940......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back