“Beats by Dr. Dre”
Jan 18, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #466 of 634

Quote:
Quote:
i'm not rich by any means, but i got upgraded to first class on a flight from peurto rico, through JFK, to LAX; anyway, on the flight from JFK to LAX it was filled with (suprise suprise) tons of hip "director/producer/agent" types, and the guy sitting next to me turned out to be some sort of director of commercials. anyway, he had a macbook, and an iphone (of course), and he had some headphones that i couldn't place. then i find out that they were the "studio" model of this brand, and it all comes into place.

this stuff represents everything i hate about pop culture. if you look into MONSTER, the company, they are really evil. they've sued all sorts of companies with "moster" in the name, like they own the word 'monster". even, get this, a mini golf course. add to that that they make cables that are ridiculously expensive, and completely mediocre.

it makes tons of sense to me that they would create a brand of phones like this, which is just basically BOSE for "hip" people. BOSE has a sort of stuffy, older vibe. they brand themselves as "audiophiles", while of course being ****. these guys band themselves as being hip, cool, young. and yet, it's the same ****. am i the only one that just can't understand how in a culture flooded with information accesability, that people would be so damn stupid as to buy things like these, without even a glance online to see that it's all just smoke and mirrors?????

i don't get it. and by the way, i haven't heard these phones, so i can't actually rate them, and i'm not trying to. in fact, and of course, it's presumptious of me to make a judgement without doing so, but just the fact that they're made by MONSTER, and just the feel i get by looking at them, and the adds for them, and i think i can't be too far off in my understanding of what's going on here.

certainly doesn't make me confused as to why america is known as the country without culture. we just can't seem to get over the bridge of BS to the land of truth. we define everything by what it appears to be, what it is on the outside, and that makes it possible for manufacturers like this to make something that is truly hollow on the inside.

people aren't looking for great sound with these, they're looking to be "seen" a certain way. and living a life with that attitude, man, how lonely it must be when you find out that you're missing the very soul of life itself.

It's posts like this one, rife with ignorance, bias, and negativism, disguised as in the know, that tempt me to practice censorship.

Please don't do it, let him have his say at least he had the balls to admit he hadn't heard them. He could have done like most people do and just pretend and spew more propganda.

On Head-fi: You can hate what we hate, and love what we love or you can get out you troll.

Jan 18, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #467 of 634

Quote:
Please don't do it, let him have his say at least he had the balls to admit he hadn't heard them. He could have done like most people do and just pretend and spew more propganda.

On Head-fi: You can hate what we hate, and love what we love or you can get out you troll.

Of course I didn't, but I think more fact checking is in order before spewing hate and denigration.

Sep 1, 2011 at 8:43 AM Post #469 of 634
You have two of these ? Why ? Oh and be prepared to have some one judging you, some people here dislike the beats owners. You seem fine though so welcome to head-fi and be prepared to be sucked into the expensive blackhole that is audiophilia 
atsmile.gif

Sep 1, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #470 of 634

Quote:
Of course I didn't, but I think more fact checking is in order before spewing hate and denigration.

You referring to the attack on the headphones or the United States?  I know which I found more grotesque and ill informed.

Sep 1, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #471 of 634
.... hey not trying to be a ball buster here but one box looks different from the other (dre's face is darker/bigger than the other) isn't that a common sign of a fake?

Sep 1, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #472 of 634

Quote:
.... hey not trying to be a ball buster here but one box looks different from the other (dre's face is darker/bigger than the other) isn't that a common sign of a fake?

Yup.  

Sep 1, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #473 of 634
yea, let us see the back of the box. if it's darker than its a fake and the Beats logo is in a slightly different place.

Sep 2, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #474 of 634
Scew the Sennheiser HD380's and screw Closed designed headphones in general.lol I'm going back to Open
tongue.gif
....Besides i did a bit of sound leakage tesiting from my HD555's and you can't hear anything in the room next to mine when the volume is amped up loud to my liking. You can only hear it through the hallway a bit, but that's fine hehe.

SO, personally I'd be fine with keeping my HD555's....BUT, they're cracked beyond belief to the point where i had to tightly tape the sides so they'd hold together, plus the cord is shredded....I know I know, it's only $15 to replace it, but the cracked plastic has made them a looser fit, plus the tape makes them look like junk.lol I'v owned them for around 5 years and they've taken a bit of a beating due to not taking care of them as good as i should have, which is so unlike me.lol

So with that said, I'm either going to buy another pair of HD555's for $150 CAN including shipping, or take a mildy more fun route and go for the HD595's for $190 CAN including shipping, plust it comes with a Stand/holder. Hmmmm, what do you guys think? What are the differences between the two exactly? Part of me is leaning for the 595's for the sake of being a better pair in general plus it would be a new slight upgrade. I know I'll be perfectly happy with either pair, but part of me will always be wondering what the 595's sound like.

Sep 2, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #475 of 634

Quote:
Scew the Sennheiser HD380's and screw Closed designed headphones in general.lol I'm going back to Open
tongue.gif
....Besides i did a bit of sound leakage tesiting from my HD555's and you can't hear anything in the room next to mine when the volume is amped up loud to my liking. You can only hear it through the hallway a bit, but that's fine hehe.

SO, personally I'd be fine with keeping my HD555's....BUT, they're cracked beyond belief to the point where i had to tightly tape the sides so they'd hold together, plus the cord is shredded....I know I know, it's only $15 to replace it, but the cracked plastic has made them a looser fit, plus the tape makes them look like junk.lol I'v owned them for around 5 years and they've taken a bit of a beating due to not taking care of them as good as i should have, which is so unlike me.lol

So with that said, I'm either going to buy another pair of HD555's for $150 CAN including shipping, or take a mildy more fun route and go for the HD595's for $190 CAN including shipping, plust it comes with a Stand/holder. Hmmmm, what do you guys think? What are the differences between the two exactly? Part of me is leaning for the 595's for the sake of being a better pair in general plus it would be a new slight upgrade. I know I'll be perfectly happy with either pair, but part of me will always be wondering what the 595's sound like.

Ok, I'm new here but what in the hell does this post have to do with "Beats"?  Sorry if I missed something. Ok, so a few months back, before I joined the site I went to J&R here in nyc and talked to to one of the audio guys about the type of headphone I was looking for. Without even missing a beat (no pun intended) he goes in the show case and hands me no other that the Dr.Dre "Beats" studio headphones (meanwhile several other cans I actually went in to test sat up on the wall), I figured either this guy is nuts, or he is being payed by Monster to push these things to anyone who is looking to spend $200-300 on headphones and looks under 30. Still for some reason, I pretty much said what the hell and bought them. So nearly close to 3 or 4 months later after using them pretty much every day for my commute to work, I am ready to sell them. To be honest, I didn't hate them as much as many other people clearly do. They are a "fun" headphone. I do listen to absolutely no rap at all, but I am a fan of some reggae and a bunch of other genre's as well. My ears with these heard treble and bass and that was it. A somewhat very odd sound signature, almost as if there was a huge hole in the sound. More than just something missing. The one thing that I did 100% hate about these, even before I tested them out, was how much sound leaks out of them. With a volume set to not even 50% on a crowded city bus you can easily piss off the person that is sitting next to you. I've tried and have many headphones that are both just as good looking, cheaper and/or more expensive that are better than these. I'd say if you stumble on this from outside seeing if you should by these, I would  suggest do a little HW, especially if your going to spend that much $$$ and buy something that is not only much better but something that not everyone else has.

Sep 14, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #477 of 634
the one on the right is a a fake, his face is way to dark and the headphone on the back is washed out...but again that may be the way the room is light.

Oct 11, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #480 of 634
I don't really get it, why do people buy these headphones because of their design? 

I've seen like fifteen of them on my friends and asked why did they buy them, and got 14 out of 15 "they look damn good." 

Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back