“Beats by Dr. Dre”
Jan 5, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #451 of 634

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I don't understand it. An old CRT is fine with me.

personally i like lcd screens they look so much better then crt. but i wouldnt buy a hugely expensive tv cause i would never watch it.

Yeah that's true. I guess what I mean is I'd never buy a ridiculously huge/expensive LCD flatscreen. A modest size would do for me.

i agree there. anything bigger then 40" is to big

My friend gets 50" TVs to connect his laptop to it and play SCII. He only did that once though...said his neck didnt feel too good afterwards... :D

lol. yeah i would think. a 40" tv is just find for what i would use it for. heck i could probably live with a 32"

Jan 5, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #452 of 634

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I don't understand it. An old CRT is fine with me.

personally i like lcd screens they look so much better then crt. but i wouldnt buy a hugely expensive tv cause i would never watch it.

Yeah that's true. I guess what I mean is I'd never buy a ridiculously huge/expensive LCD flatscreen. A modest size would do for me.

i agree there. anything bigger then 40" is to big

Its not an absolute.  Its a relative consideration to room size and seating proximity or preferred viewing distance.  My problem w/ CRTs was only power consumption and heat production.  In a small room a CRT can overheat the entire room which is a problem if you use passive cooling on a HTPC.  You can now get 30" LCDs for a couple hundred and a 40" for $6-700.  Not too shabby for a screen you can wall mount and save energy costs with.

Jan 5, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #454 of 634
Hey all, it seems that the general consensus around here is that these are overpriced. But I have an opportunity to buy these new for $140, do you guys think its worth it? or are there better headphones for the price range?

I listen primarily to electronic/hip hop/indie/lo fi/dubstep im really all over the place

Jan 5, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #455 of 634

Quote:
Hey all, it seems that the general consensus around here is that these are overpriced. But I have an opportunity to buy these new for $140, do you guys think its worth it? or are there better headphones for the price range?

I listen primarily to electronic/hip hop/indie/lo fi/dubstep im really all over the place

Not worth it at all.  Plenty of good headphones in that price range. Audio Technica m50's would be my choice

Jan 5, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #456 of 634
At 140, I'd get them if I used them on the go, with an iphone, and only listened to Hip-Hop or Rap (of which I have a decent sized collection).  But because I listen at my computer, listen to a ton of Trance and Metal, I still wouldn't buy them.  They really only sound good with one genre,and even then, you pay for noise cancelling and other features that benefit from having an iPhone.

Quote:

Jan 5, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #457 of 634
and we all know what having an iphone makes you .. :)

Jan 5, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #458 of 634
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
and we all know what having an iphone makes you .. :)

Jan 7, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #460 of 634
Okay, so I was browsing the Monster Cable fb page and:

____: Still wondering why no body has gotten back to me on my beats exploding.....
i'm not recommending this to anyone unless mine get replaced

Monster Cable Beats Exploding? Where and when did you email us about this? Which product? What happened?

___: I e-mailed you guys about 2 weeks ago. They were beats studio. The left speaker busted but before it did it made an EXTREMELY loud exploding pop noise. i think i may have suffered hearing loss

Monster Cable ____, where did you happen to purchase them from?

____: Also don't refer me to email you guies again. I want someone to contact me via facebook or my email directly. I'm tired of waiting.

Monster Cable    _  __, we apologize for this, but keep in mind that our customer support is getting a ton of a lot more e-mails than they normally do because of the holidays and have been a little backed up because of having the holidays off. We can't help you through FaceBook, but shoot me an e-mail to social@monstercable.com detailing your situation and we'll definitely look into this for you

Monster Cable ____, can you please elaborate about your situation in your e-mail?...

Alright, which one of you guys did this?
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #462 of 634
I have a hard time seeing anyone recommend them in any circumstances over the new AIAIAI's or the M5's, for example.

even the V-Moda Crossfades sound better.

Jan 16, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #463 of 634
I don't mean to spam, but I thought you guys could benefit from this. Karmaloop has been stocking up on different types of Beats by Dr. Dre headphones including these ones:

http://www.karmaloop.com/products.aspx?ProductID=98107&VendorCode=BTD

And you can get 20% off if you used the code, "SWAGSYNDICATE", without the quotes at the check by entering it into the repcode slot.

Enjoy!

Jan 16, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #464 of 634

Quote:
I don't mean to spam, but I thought you guys could benefit from this. Karmaloop has been stocking up on different types of Beats by Dr. Dre headphones including these ones:

http://www.karmaloop.com/products.aspx?ProductID=98107&VendorCode=BTD

And you can get 20% off if you used the code, "SWAGSYNDICATE", without the quotes at the check by entering it into the repcode slot.

Enjoy!

no thanks i would rather not waste my money

Jan 18, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #465 of 634

Quote:
i'm not rich by any means, but i got upgraded to first class on a flight from peurto rico, through JFK, to LAX; anyway, on the flight from JFK to LAX it was filled with (suprise suprise) tons of hip "director/producer/agent" types, and the guy sitting next to me turned out to be some sort of director of commercials. anyway, he had a macbook, and an iphone (of course), and he had some headphones that i couldn't place. then i find out that they were the "studio" model of this brand, and it all comes into place.

this stuff represents everything i hate about pop culture. if you look into MONSTER, the company, they are really evil. they've sued all sorts of companies with "moster" in the name, like they own the word 'monster". even, get this, a mini golf course. add to that that they make cables that are ridiculously expensive, and completely mediocre.

it makes tons of sense to me that they would create a brand of phones like this, which is just basically BOSE for "hip" people. BOSE has a sort of stuffy, older vibe. they brand themselves as "audiophiles", while of course being ****. these guys band themselves as being hip, cool, young. and yet, it's the same ****. am i the only one that just can't understand how in a culture flooded with information accesability, that people would be so damn stupid as to buy things like these, without even a glance online to see that it's all just smoke and mirrors?????

i don't get it. and by the way, i haven't heard these phones, so i can't actually rate them, and i'm not trying to. in fact, and of course, it's presumptious of me to make a judgement without doing so, but just the fact that they're made by MONSTER, and just the feel i get by looking at them, and the adds for them, and i think i can't be too far off in my understanding of what's going on here.

certainly doesn't make me confused as to why america is known as the country without culture. we just can't seem to get over the bridge of BS to the land of truth. we define everything by what it appears to be, what it is on the outside, and that makes it possible for manufacturers like this to make something that is truly hollow on the inside.

people aren't looking for great sound with these, they're looking to be "seen" a certain way. and living a life with that attitude, man, how lonely it must be when you find out that you're missing the very soul of life itself.

It's posts like this one, rife with ignorance, bias, and negativism, disguised as in the know, that tempt me to practice censorship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back