“Beats by Dr. Dre”
Jul 23, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #46 of 634
Quote:

Originally Posted by drusoicy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys,

I've had pre-production Beats for a while now, and I have also had a couple of actual production units around for about two weeks. In a nutshell, I have paid more in the past for headphones that don't sound as good. The weight is good, the band is strong, the audio cables specifically fit into gen 1 iPhone ports, and one of the cables lets you take phone calls using the beats themselves, with a built in mic. In my opinion, they are worth the asking price - rare for Monster.

what headphones were those? just to have a point of reference.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 23, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #47 of 634
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

i'd also like to add how where those headphones listened to? by that i mean amped or unamped and the source of the music from which the listening was done. Just so we are clear
wink.gif

Jul 23, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #48 of 634
They're made my Monster, use the name of an artist who probably doesn't give a crap about sound quality, they're marketed towards people who only like Bass and they include active noise cancellation. All these things add up to a pair of very bad sounding headphones.

Jul 23, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #49 of 634
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm guessing he meant Bose. He mentioned nothing about the actual SQ, so it seems he either hasn't listened to it yet, or that the SQ is not quite worth mentioning.

Oh, and IMO active noise cancellation is pretty lame. It usually means the phone itself makes no efforts at actual noise isolation.

Jul 23, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #50 of 634
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
use the name of an artist who probably doesn't give a crap about sound quality

Read the thread Fras.....

Also I tested the Audio Technica ANC-7 which are active noise cancelling..they're not that bad and the noise cancelling works pretty well on them.

Jul 23, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #51 of 634
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Read the thread Fras.....

Also I tested the Audio Technica ANC-7 which are active noise cancelling..they're not that bad and the noise cancelling works pretty well on them.

Aah I see... Maybe Dr. Dre does care about the sound quality. That's good to hear. Could be some hope for these?
confused.gif

The ANC-7 is known to be very good at noise canceling. But since these are 'comparable to Bose', it's probably not that good
wink.gif
. At least it will be able to be turned off...

Jul 23, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #52 of 634
Now I love me some Dr. Dre, have been a fan for years, but...

them headphones use batteries, which means

Yes, how dare you have a close mind to new technologies jjhatfield, maybe the batteries are there for blah blah new technology future of headphones nice finish.

to recap:

=

Jul 23, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #54 of 634
the second i saw the battery pictures before i knew i would not be buying these. I hate the fact that someone like dr. dre is promoting them. I know he's going to make a lot of cash for it but i'm still angry at him for doing it.

Jul 23, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #55 of 634
Darn negative people.
You havent even heard them yet!!!!! Geez!!!

Give them a chance to fail on their own!!!
biggrin.gif

Jul 23, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #56 of 634
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Darn negative people.
You havent even heard them yet!!!!! Geez!!!

Give them a chance to fail on their own!!!
biggrin.gif

lol
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by drusoicy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have paid more in the past for headphones that don't sound as good.

Did they happen to be BOSE?
tongue.gif
No really, serious question, I don't mean to sound rude but which headphones sounded worse than these and cost more as I am curious?

Jul 23, 2008 at 7:21 AM Post #58 of 634
i dont like the whole "dr. dre" theme behind it. i think its cheesy. also the batteries, i mean comon. lol. Looks like something bose would do.haha

hey maybe if they are better than bose then they will sound like $100 headphones instead of $50 headphones. ya know?

Jul 23, 2008 at 7:27 AM Post #59 of 634
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0ris84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the second i saw the battery pictures before i knew i would not be buying these. I hate the fact that someone like dr. dre is promoting them. I know he's going to make a lot of cash for it but i'm still angry at him for doing it.

Why? Generic endorsement deals are the way a lot of music-industry and athletic people make money.

I seriously doubt Dre was overly involved in the design or production on these, but to the general public, you combine Monster Cable and Dre's name, and you'll be pulling in money like crazy. I do have to admit though, the whole "Beats by Dr. Dre" logo on the headband is painfully tacky. Then again, I'm a minimalist.

Jul 23, 2008 at 7:59 AM Post #60 of 634
Why's everyone ragging on the batteries for? I thought all ANC phones use batteries or a battery pack of some kind?

Really, really curious to hear actual listening impressions.
smily_headphones1.gif
Not expecting much obviously, but still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back