1. knorris908
    KZ ZS10 PRO - A Great Value!!
    Written by knorris908
    Published Jul 11, 2019
    Pros - Great value!
    Detailed mids
    Solid and controlled bass
    No amp needed
    Great "daily driver" iems for any genre
    Cons - Stock cable kinks, making tangles when storing a headache
    Stock ear tips didn't give a good seal - replace with aftermarket tips for best sound

My Review of the KZ ZS10 PRO

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
    Many thanks to the friendly crew over at Linsoul, and in particular, Lillian - who has been patient and supportive of getting me info and started with product the past few months. You are some of the best partners out there to collaborate with!

WHY I DO THIS HOBBY
    This month – (July) I turn 52. Out of those years, I’d say that 51 of them have included a deep love of music. Performing, (Brass – Baritone & Tuba/Sousaphone, Wind – Traditional/Celtic Flute & Pennywhistles, Keyboards - Piano/Synths, & voice (I’m a bass)) so I love almost all music. Since I started with audio, I have slowly changed from the higher-end listening set-ups I grew up with, to my current “lower Mid-Fi” set-up. I rotate my listening from portable (Opus #1S for “balanced-out audio” on the go, or iBasso DX90 – both with my iFi xCAN) to my desktop's set-up (PC --> Coaxial/USB --> iFi iDSD Micro --> Schiit Asgard II amp --> Headphone of choice). My primary recreational listening headphones are the AKG K550&553, Beyerdynamic T1(ver.2) and Sennheiser HD650. Most of my portable listening is done with IEMs - and up till now, it has mainly been with the BGVP DMG (Fun), Kanas Pro (Active Listening), and Etymotic ER4XR (Audio Analysis). For air travel, I still default to my old Bose QC25s for noise canceling.

I have extremely eclectic music tastes listening to a variety from J-POP, classical/opera, and jazz, to Heavy and classic rock. I listen to a lot of blues, jazz, folk music, metal, and alternative rock. My tonal preferences are relatively neutral/balanced, but I do have a fondness for powerful vocals, or dynamic/percussive emphasis in pieces and suspect I might have slight ‘bass-head’ preferences. Though I do not consider myself “treble sensitive”, and in the past have really enjoyed headphones like the T1 and HD800.

This is my purely subjective review – based on my gear, my ears, and my experience. Please consider and respect this - especially if my impressions do not match your own.

I have used the ZS10 Pro extensively over the past 2 weeks, so please account for my relatively short-term listening experiences with it. But I have clocked a lot of hours with the ZS10 Pro in the last week in particular.

REVIEW

Setup
    For this review, I used the ZS10 PRO with its stock cable & tips PRIMARILY from my phone, (Samsung Galaxy Note 8) Opus #1S, and iBasso DX90 only because of its portable nature. However, I also tested stronger amps, (Fiio E17, iFi xCAN, iDSD Micro, & iCAN SE, Schiit Asgard II) to see if adding more power impacted the ZS1-PROs performance. This was rechecked periodically, but other than maxing-out volumes faster, I heard little change in terms of the headphones “scaling-up” performance with more powerful amps. So, enjoy using your better-quality smartphones with the ZS10 PRO knowing that these earphones aren’t picky about equipment in order to give their best!

SPECS

1*10mm dyn. bass freq.___1*29689 lower mid frequency
    ______________________1*10mm dynamic bass frequency

FREQUENCY RESPONSE GRAPH
    upload_2019-7-11_23-14-36.png
    Thanks to PRIMEAUDIO.ORG for making these resources available.

PACKAGING
    KZ ZS10 PRO Box Sleeve - Front

KZ ZS10 PRO Box Sleeve - Back

The ZS10 PRO comes in a plain white box with a thin printed outer retail sleeve.
    KZ ZS10 PRO inside the sleeve – basic style

The KZ ZS10 PRO housings sit in a foam and cardboard holder under a clear plastic cover. Left and Right earpieces set inside cut-out shaped foam. Included under the foam is a User Guide on a dual-sided 5-fold paper stock booklet, an additional 3 ear tips, and warranty literature.

upload_2019-7-11_23-14-36.png
    Printed User Guide – A dual-sided 5-panel foldout (English only)

BUILD

The earphones look built extremely well for their price point – with the ABS backs being rounded, rather than angular, which for me adds to the comfort since there are no sharp corners to dig into sensitive ear surfaces.

KZ ZS10 PRO ABS plastic back, pin receptacles, & output nozzle

upload_2019-7-11_23-14-36.png
    The stock cable isn’t the worst, but it gets replaced at review’s end

The cable is almost 1.3 meters braided and twisted cord with stiff ear form sleeves for the over-ear style wearing method. The standard cord is terminated in a Right-angle 3.5mm plug. The cable is removable – but would be one of the first things I would want to replace as it can quickly become a tangled mess. It is quite kinky – and thus, not easy to coil neatly. (See photo below) Fine enough for getting you started out of the box, but I highly recommend a better coiling cable for sanity’s sake if you’re going to be on the go with these regularly.

upload_2019-7-11_23-14-36.png
    Cable Pins and angled connector sleeve

upload_2019-7-11_23-14-36.png
    While I appreciate the attention to detail, the cable, unfortunately, does stay “kinked”...

The extra stock “Small, Medium & Large” ear tips

upload_2019-7-11_23-14-36.png

The stock tips are okay but sounded relatively thin & hollow.

The ear-tips that arrive on the drivers and the 3 sets of extras in the pouch aren’t bad, but they didn’t allow the drivers to stay securely seated without regularly feeling the need to push them back deeper into my ears. I have no issues with my ears fitting the tips, and they never bothered my ear canals. The drivers just never truly seated properly though and made the ZS10 PRO sound thin - all but outright killing most of the bass. A quick swap to NEW BEE replacement foam tips and these became full and vibrant sounding with solid and deep bass response. (ALMOST too much bass, but just shy of it.)

AMP PERFORMANCE
    upload_2019-7-11_23-14-36.png
    ZS10 PROs are easily-driven by phones, but get LOUD with amps!

upload_2019-7-11_23-14-37.png
    The performance of your SOURCE makes a big difference

The ZS10 PROs were able to be driven to louder volume levels than I am comfortable with on any phone I tried, (Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Apple iPhones 4, 5, & 8) and both Android and Apple tablets (Original and Air iPads as well as Lenovo A12) drove them even louder. So the ZS10 PROs are perfect for plain listening to music, podcasts, or videos with no added gear.

BUT, if you have a player or amp that can add to the basic levels of audio performance over what current-day phones and tablets provide, then the ZS10 PRO has the chops to take advantage and bring out increased detail or dynamic levels of highs, mids, or bass with plenty of room to grow.

AMP RESULTS BREAKDOWN
    In order of performance: (Increasing as you move from 1 down)
    1. Phones - Each sounds about the same... (Apple or Android) Basic, low detail and flat sounding unless you play with DSP apps. Adequate volume for most situations.
    2. Tablets - Same as phones, but a little more power. Louder, but not much more than that.
    3. Fiio e17 - Noticeably louder than phones and tablets, and adds a bit of “fullness” to the soundstage.
    4. iFi iCAN Micro - More power than I can use! Increases soundstage width if the music offers it, and Bass boost adds more low end than I would normally want unless the audio track was already anemic around the low end.
    5. iBASSO DX90 DAP - Much less power than the iCAN, but the player offers better detail and resolution than any of the previous choices in the list. The ZS10 PRO has the capability to render a good amount of the detail any of my sources can provide.
    6. Radsone E100 - Surprising amount of power and the E100’s app gives you great customization choices; EQ, Crossfeed, Filters, etc.. I didn’t feel the need to alter the signature much, but the drivers handled increases of up to 5db across the full range with no evident distortion. More than I wanted.
    7. iFi iDSD Micro - Devastating amounts of power for a fully-portable solution plus increased clarity and resolution due to the DAC improvement over all my phone and tablet choices. Additions of XBass and 3D were easily-tolerated with no sense of distortion.
    8. Opus #1S DAP - Best mobile source I have, and the ZS10 PROs really shine with them. The player has a slightly darker coloring tonally than the DX90 does, which the ZS10 PROs balance-out perfectly.
    9. iFi xDSD - Similar power to the E100. (More than enough.) A good bit of clarity and detail added to music when connected via Bluetooth. Similar performance to the E100 when connected as “amp-only”, as the iFi’s DAC benefits are lost with this method.

FIT / COMFORT
      The ZS10 PRO is comfortable and stable in my ears. The stock tips are acceptable for basic use, but swapping the stock tips out for New Bee or SpinFit tips increased both the stability and comfort considerably. The shape of the housing works well, the lack of sharp corners and edges making the contact surfaces less irritating than units with corners like the ZS7s.

SONIC COMPARISONS
      General frequency summary (supported by the graph above):
      KZ ZS7, Tin T2, Kanas Pro, BGVP DMG, ER4XR, & Super.Fi 3
    upload_2019-7-11_23-14-37.png
    Drop these stock tips ASAP!

• KZ ZS7 - The closest to the ZS10 PRO signature-wise. More bass being the biggest difference. The ZS7 bass is loose and blooms in comparison to the ZS10 PRO. The treble of the ZS7 is close, but a spike at 10k makes the ZS7 more prone to get uncomfortable with certain high female vocal tracks. Both have excellent detail and good mids presentation for vocals.

• Tin T2 - Do you want fun or accuracy? ZS10 PRO for fun, and Tin T2 for accuracy. Neither is “better”, just “different” and I switch between the two based on mood. Better-controlled bass and greater imagery accuracy in the T2.

• Kanas Pro - 3 times the KZ’s cost, so not really fair… Where the ZS10 PROs are fun and lively, the Kanas Pros are more even. This is Ferrari (Kanas) vs Camaro (ZS10 Pro). Both great performers, but the Kanas is just in a different league. Tighter bass, wider soundstage, better-controlled highs, and ability to scale-up with amplification, where the ZS10 PROs give their best as long as the amp makes them loud enough. For lows, mids, & highs description, this is the same as the T2 comparison but taken up a notch.

• BGVP DMG - (Black filters) The extremes of highs and bass are the pros of the DMGs. The mids are where the ZS10 PRO and DMGs are similar in performance. Slightly-recessed mids in the DMGs are offset by a fuller-thicker sound than the ZS10 PRO. While both image and detail well, the ZS10 PRO does it just a bit better.
    • Etymotic ER4XR - These are my reference for benchmarks. Aside from slightly elevated bass, these are neutral and analytical. The exact opposite of the ZS10 PRO, which I consider more enjoyable for a daily driver role.

• UE Super.Fi 3 - My oldest iems, and what I considered in the upper-end of consumer audio 15 years ago. The ZS10 PRO surpasses these in every aspect of its performance. Soundstage, clarity, imaging, etc.. Think an AM mono crank radio vs a high end 7.1 surround sound home theater.
    REFERENCE MUSIC BY GENRE
    6. “Ride On Time” – Black Box
    7. “O Fortuna” – Apotheosis
    8. “Obsession” – See-Saw
    9. “Guren No Yumia” – Linked Horizon

CONCLUSION
    The ZS10 Pro is an amazing product in the $50 US dollar price range. Just 10 years ago, an iem performing at this level could have been found near the thousand dollar price point. So for me, this is a great product that I can’t recall another iem beating under $200, and some of those still don’t surpass these KZs.

To me, there are 3 main benefits:
    1. Sound great stock – You can pick these up in an airport terminal as a last minute afterthought, and enjoy great music with no additional purchases, just using your phone.
    2. These can sound even better with simple upgrades of the tips. (I had great results from New Bee foams or SpinFit CP145)
    3. Better comfort allows for prolonged enjoyment without feeling punished after a few hours. These would be great for monitoring in live performances, editing, or just listening enjoyment.
      baskingshark and SoundChoice like this.
    1. baskingshark
      Nice review. Just two to three years back, a multi driver IEM like this would be costing at least 200 - 300 bucks from western companies like shure/westone.
      baskingshark, Jul 12, 2019
  2. baskingshark
    ZS10 Pro - Budget King
    Written by baskingshark
    Published Jul 6, 2019
    Pros - Best IEM in its price bracket for clarity, seperation, details.
    Good all rounder for all genres.
    Tight and well controlled bass.
    Detailed mids, slightly recessed.
    Non silibant/piercing treble, but with good microdetails still.
    Good isolation.
    Cheap.
    Good build.
    Easily drivable.
    Cons - Minimal accessories as per other KZ IEMs.
    So so cable.
    But nothing much to fault at its pricepoint.
    Hi this is my first review at this forum.
    I own a few KZs, including the original ZS 10, and I gotta say the ZS10 Pro is by far the best KZ so far.
    It easily outperforms some of my Westones/expensive IEMs that I owned, and at only a fraction of the price. Truly amazing, I wonder how these CHIFI IEM company break even sometimes.

Build:
    The ZS10 Pro has 5 drivers each side, and comes in a good build with metal faceplate.
    It comes with the standard KZ braided wire which is quite adequate, but I personally changed it to a NICEHCK 8 core copper one.
    It comes with the usual KZ starline tips (small/medium/large), for which I also changed it to a spinfit as I found the isolation better.

Isolation/comfort:
    The ZS10 Pro is very comfortable to fit and provides good isolation. Its predecessor the original ZS10 was very bulky and I had friends with smaller ears who complained about the poor fit.
    I use this IEM on the subway with no issues. I also have tried it on stage for live monitoring in a band setting in a large hall and it provides excellent isolation without sacrificing musical details.

This IEM is very sensitive and doesn't require external amping. I even found a slight hiss on my desktop while using it in the 3.5 mm jack due to the impedence mismatch/lousy desktop DAC. This can be easily fixed by using a volume controller or impendence mismatch device, or by using an external amp, and the hiss goes away.
    It is easily drivable on my cheap smartphones.

The IEM features a V shaped sound profile, typical of other KZ brand IEMs.
    The bass is very well controlled and has good quality/quantity. I personally like it a lot. The subbass and midbass are powerful but detailed and controlled, with no midbass bleed.
    The mids are recessed, but still manages to maintain microdetails/seperation effortlessly. Vocals and acoustic guitars sound good and natural.
    The highs are not bright or silibant, but manage to give fatigue free listening, but still maintain details and resolution.

Comparisons:
    I owned the ZS6 and original ZS 10 before this, and this IEM outperforms them all definitely.

ZS6:
    The original ZS6 had very harsh treble which is not the case with the ZS10 Pro. The ZS10 Pro still manages to get detailed treble across with no silibance or harshness. Microdetails/clarity/seperation/resolution are handsdown won by the ZS10 Pro. Maybe the bass is more authoratative on the ZS6, but it is not as clean/fast as on the ZS10 Pro.

Original ZS10:
    The original ZS10 is totally different from the ZS10 Pro.
    Probably the only area the original ZS10 is better is it has a slightly better soundstage and slightly better treble extension/details/timbre.
    All other areas such as bass/mids/detail retrieval/clarity/responsiveness/technincallities are better on the ZS10 Pro. I found a very bad midbass bleed on the original ZS10, and this is not the case on the ZS10 Pro. The Pro also has better build and is more comfortable to wear as it is smaller. It has better isolation too.

Conclusions:
    This is one of the best IEMs u can buy at this price point. I would say it measures up to some of my expensive westones, and at only a fraction of the price. IMHO to get a marginal improvement over the sound quality of the ZS10 Pro, you would need to pay hundreds more.
    This is a very versatile IEM, provides good fit/comfort/isolation, with excellent sound quality. It is easily drivable.
    I am very pleased with this purchase and this is going to be my daily driver from now on.
    1. SoundChoice
      Nice job!
      SoundChoice, Jul 7, 2019
      knorris908 likes this.
    2. baskingshark
      Thanks for the encouragement!
      baskingshark, Jul 7, 2019
      knorris908 likes this.
  3. DrivenKeys
    Just a brief opinion
    Written by DrivenKeys
    Published Jul 6, 2019
    Pros - Flatter curve than other KZ's reputation, which is easily eq'd to taste. True detail, I can finally afford 'audiophile' quality! Nice braided cable with solid 90° plug. Great build. Good comfort in large ear canals.
    Cons - A bit bright, needs an eq to be universally good.
    I love these iems, but they are my first of this quality, so I'm more of a noob here.

As mentioned by others, they can be a hint bright, but nothing a little eq didn't fix. I think it's not so much the strength of the highs, but rather the abundance of detail. Extra drivers seems to make much more of a difference here than in home speakers.

I haven't used the others from KZ, but I personally find these to have a much more flat curve than their reputation indicates. While the curve starts fairly flat, the speakers respond quickly to just a bit of eq. For me, this makes them a perfect multi-use headphone. No matter the track, I can easily make it sound just right. They start a bit brittle, but the dynamic driver became pleasantly warm after a week.

I'm testing primarily with the quad dac in my new LG G8 Thinq, listening to either 16 bit or 24 bit flac. Many genres and film soundtracks. Classical, most forms of electronic, rock, hiphop, r&b, soul, industrial, etc. No matter what, a little eq and these pleasantly bring details I've never heard.

They need the attention to feel that good. If I move from deadmau5 to Julie London, I'm opening the eq. I use Rocket Player for my own files, which lets me assign eq profiles to tracks or albums. I do wish I could do that with Tidal, especially with these.
  4. DallaPo
    KZ ZS10 Pro | 1*DD & 4*BA | Rating: 8.6
    Written by DallaPo
    Published Jun 27, 2019
    Pros - funny tuning
    hearty punch
    good resolution and transparency
    non-fatiguing
    Cons - Bass may be too strong for some
    Highs roll off a little early
    package content
    Intro
    I remember very well how excited I was when KZ released their flagship model ZS10. 1*DD & 4*BAs were very special for a price below 60 €! Meanwhile this seems to have become standard, as the subsidiary CCA or the newcomer KB EAR prove. I was also quite impressed with the sound of the ZS10, even though I saw even more potential in the mid-range, since it was very subdued, sounded rather flat and emotionless and voices were too distant.
    For me, "Pro" means progress, and the ZS10 Pro fully met my expectations.

Handling
    The shape of the case has become a long runner at KZ and only the front panel and number of drivers are varied for the individual models. But why not, because the ZS10 Pro, like the ZSN (Pro), is also very comfortable to wear, even though it's a lot heavier. This is mainly due to the front panel made of polished, stainless steel. Here the Pro also differs clearly from its predecessor, which appeared somewhat oversized in its size and consisted completely of plastic. Thus, the ZS10 Pro looks much more valuable and robust.

As with all KZ models, the included accessories are somewhat sobering. The meanwhile established 4-core copper cable is used, which is no longer compatible with models such as the ZS6, ZS7, AS10 and older models due to the "new" 2-pin connector, but minimizes the risk of breakage of the two pins. There are 3 different sizes of silicone tips available. No more, but no less. If you choose the cable with microphone, you get good speech intelligibility and full compatibility with Android or iOS.

The isolation is above average, but a little more music is coming out than usual, or intentionally, if you make the ZS10 Pro with the volume a little fire under his butt.

The comparison of the ZS10 Pro with its predecessor makes less sense for me here, although they have similarities in the bass range, for example, but rather with the CCA C10.

The bassimpact is very similar to the C10, although it is more powerful and has more depth. It has a hefty punch, especially on hip-hop or electro, which can make the ear shake. A bass that you not only hear, but also feel! Surprisingly, it is still controlled and can reveal some details. But his main focus is to give the music a good portion of fun on its way. In rare cases it can get a bit too intrusive, but you notice that the diaphragm acts quite fast with the help of the built-in magnet and can produce a tight, crisp bass. It sounds natural and gives the signature some warmth without overshadowing it.

It's hard to deny that the ZS10 Pro has a V-signature, but, like the C10, it's well balanced, which doesn't neglect the mids either. These are very lively, easily create emotions and give voices a natural intimacy.
    But they don't tend to unpleasant peaks, as you could say from the ZS7's similarly tuned mids, and can also score with better resolution. Sibilants are hardly ever a topic and clarity, separation and details are in a higher range. The mid-range of the ZS10 Pro, like the bass, is just enjoyable and you don't have the feeling to miss anything. Especially male voices have a nice full body and female voices have a pleasant crisp in their voice, without being exhausting.

The treble creates the balancing act between a relaxed listening experience without annoying peaks or too dark timbre. They have a fine resolution, can reveal even small details and present themselves quite airy. Despite their early decay, the energy and level of detail is remarkable. If you love the ZS10 with its subtle and relaxed style, you might not feel as comfortable with the ZS10 Pro's treble. However, this was also a small point of criticism for me with the ZS10, as the highs were simply too relaxed, similar to the mid-range and so emotions were lost. The ZS10 Pro's treble looks more transparent and much clearer in its response. Here, too, the similarity to the CCA C10 is strong.
    The sound stage is not too big, but also not too small and looks quite real and natural.

Outro
    The ZS10 Pro is once again such an "Everybodys Darling" by Knowledge Zenith, as it will please many with its lively, fun way. He doesn't forget the clean and natural reproduction of the voices and instruments, even though he may give them a bit more warmth than one is used to with more neutral signatures. For me it's slightly above the CCA C10, which seems a bit more balanced, but not as lively in comparison, but doesn't exaggerate it as much as the ZS7, where the mids almost jump into your face. Surely this is a matter of taste. The ZS10 Pro is perfectly suited for daily use, but if you like it a bit more analytical, you might want to take a look at the CCA C16.

ALIEXPRESS
    Pros - Z goes Pro.
    Price.
    Good bass and texture.
    Build.
    Cons - No case.
    Cable better, but still too sticky.
    Too many KZ models?...
    Tough price point.
    KZ Z10 Pro ($45)- The Z goes Pro. The 3.5/5 rating is not a result of anything sound-wise. No, it is a result of the cable and packaging. I REALLY wish they included a case, and that cable is getting better, but still not what I would expect. And, I do thoroughly enjoy the Z10P, the sound fits my listening pleasures very well.

[​IMG]

Thanks to Lillian from Linsoul Audio for the sample. This is the “pro” version of the Z10, a moniker, which KZ uses fairly regularly now.

Linsoul: https://www.linsoul.com/product-page/kz-zs10-pro-iem

*As per standard for me, after an initial listen to ensure all is well and good, the unit in question was set upon my Shanling M0 for 100-150 hours, as I see fit to give the reader a look down the line. One that may occur 6 months or 2 months after purchase. There may be no change, but I do it anyway. Believe what you want. *

Intro:

The Z10 is along with the BA10 line, the mid-priced flagships from KZ, a company that seems to be putting out new IEM’s like there is no tomorrow. Sometimes when this happens, the lineup can get lost in the dust. But, to me KZ has done a respectable job at keeping the line separate, and distinct enough to where there shouldn’t be complications. I have had the honor of reviewing many KZ’s, and consider the AS10, one of my niche favorites. Others may disagree, but it really is a fine sounding unit; and an unsung one as well. And with each upgrade, KZ seems to mold the IEM closer to what they are looking for sound-wise. The Z10 Pro would not be different.

In looking at the specs below, you can see that the Z10P is easy to drive, and quite sensitive. I did not at any time hear excessive noise, or hiss in the background. While not the blackest of backgrounds, it does match the price-point well (as in matches others in this price).

Scores:

Imaging – 7/10
    Layering – 7/10
    Microphone - 7/10

Average – 6.7/10

*As you can see packaging and accessories bring down what is a decent offering overall. As such, sound is worthy of the C-range. Pleasant and vibrant, this would be a good commuting unit.

Specs:

Coldplay-All I Can think About Is You
    Coldplay-A Message
    Coldplay-White Shadows
    Dona Onete-Sonos de Adolescente
    Los Lonely Boys- Heaven (en Espanol)
    twenty one pilots-Trees
    Ziggy Marley-Lighthouse
    Ziggy Marely-See Dem Fake Leaders
    Mark Knopfler-Laughs And Jokes And Drinks And Smokes
    Santana w/ Mana- Corazon Espinado

The new twenty one pilots album, Trench
    The new Mark Knopfler album, Down The Road Wherever

Dick Dale-Misirlou…just because.

Unboxing:

In typical KZ fashion, you get…a small rectangular box, about the size of a deck of cards. And, wait for it…no case. I have come to expect that and keep a stock of cheap round and rectangular cases on hand. Whatever. With specs on the back, and a nice color picture on the front, the presentation is decent. Sliding the cardboard cover sleeve off, you are presented with that clear plastic cover, which highlights the IEM. And I will say that I dig the industrial look of the Z10P. With machined slots, giving definitive shapes, they counter the round shape of the shell. That along with the angular shell cover make for a decent looking IEM. And it isn’t garish either. A plus.

Under is the good-looking cable (I like the looks), which does tend to tangle a bit. If there is one constant with KZ it seems to be the copperish-colored cables. Come on KZ, change things a bit! I do like the tactility and lack of microphonics of the cable, and it is the right length. With a right-angle plastic 3.5mm jack on one end and nice sub-90 degree 2-pin clear housing on the other, the cable is good and sturdy. Strain relief is good, and the bend of the memory plastic is just stiff enough to hold in place, without applying a tourniquet to your ear…

Three sets of tips (one mounted) are included, along with a basic warranty card. That’s it. The $ goes into the IEM…period.

Fit-n-finish:

Much like Thomas (aka @b9scrambler), I have come to appreciate the looks of the KZ line up, save maybe the BA10. While the BA sounds good, the looks put me off. Not here. Again, understated industrial with a touch of historical look in the bronzish cable (copperish, bronzish…). Much like the other KZ’s the Z10P is all plastic and acrylic. That industrial shell covering is chromedish plastic (in the same pattern as the less expensive ZSN). With a clear housing, you can see the innards, highlighted by the dynamic driver. Something other Chi-fi manus are doing as well. Not bad mind you, and per my likings understated. Even the chrome look of the shell cover is not that bad. The only qualm I have is the nozzle. While it is sufficiently wide with a lip to hold tips, the gold looks out of place in the overall scheme. Luckily, the tip covers it and that part will be inside your ear. No big deal, really.

I have another much more expensive IEM inhouse right now (think 10-20 times more…), and the KZ has better build quality overall. This shows that KZ is serious. In all of their models I have reviewed, the finish has been quite good, belying the cost. Another plus. I would state that you get what you pay for, and this is pretty much right there.

So…and?...

Well, when presented with something the sort of this, you need to reacquaint yourself with the brand, and the price range. I will admit it does take me a bit to adjust to the different price-points. Except here. From the off, I noted how this seems to have that typical KZ sound, which has good textured bass (if a bit muddy on some tracks), vocals that are present in sufficient detail to keep you going, and treble, which is not grating nor sibilant.

Paying Mark Knopfler’s Just A Boy Away From Home (which has the exact same music as You’ll Never Walk Alone, from Liverpool…I swear it does…), the drums are in the back, supporting the National Steel guitar, while tambourine picks a spot to the left. Mark’s vocals give a good range of deeper baritone (I think?) and thrust. If there were any misplaced notes here, the distortion would be heard and felt. None are…

I can discern the taming of this sound from the ZS10 as well. In taming the bass, KZ opened the hood, and tweaked the engine so to speak. The Pro breathes a bit easier, making more horsepower, errr…a more open, energetic sound I mean. Knopfler’s Good On You Son, is a throwback to a fast moving disco song (one I actually like…), and here you can note that bass is a bit tamed, but present in a more mature form. This is not the bass of your father’s car, err… IEM. No, this is resilient as it supports the slightly forward mids, and that added sparkle.

[​IMG]

This would be like building a character in a role-playing game and you have a certain amount of points you can disseminate between characteristics. Taketh awayeth from the bass, addeth to thyne treble fine sir. This is a hearkening back to the initial Chi-fi sound to me, which seemed to be an “in your face” sound, but not screaming. Some did, of course. But no. Here the Pro is a bit more forward and as mentioned energetic, but in an adult-type manner. It is almost like KZ is reaching adulthood and their first job coming out of college. A “time to get to work,” attitude. And it isn’t bad either.

It’s almost like KZ is trying to branch out further, with that more mature sound. I’m not against this and appreciate their willingness to modify an arguably popular-classic. They do have their rep to keep in profile. But maybe that affords them the right or ability to do just this. Maybe I completely missed the mark, and they just wanted a fresh look at the ZS10…anyway it is a bit different. Plus, as someone who appreciates a good bass rumble (think Campfire Atlas…), this is quite acceptable.

Isolation with the silicon tips is good. For once, I did not try foam tips, since none were included. The medium worked for me, and this is par for the course. Layering of the instruments is average, as is sound stage. Not too big, not too small, but better than others at this price. I take that as a “technological improvement.” The technology is improving so fast, that it quite often does improve what is going on.

Comparison/Source gear:

KZ ZS10 Pro ($45) vs TinHiFi T3 ($70):

Not to beat a dead horse, but the T3 is what the T2 should have been from the first place. I find its capabilities to be the best of the iterations, including the T2 Pro, which I labeled as what the T2 should have been. Where KZ refines signatures, TinHiFi redefines. And to me that isn’t always good. Mature something along the way, not redefine. That would be like taking a classic Mustang and putting a middling v6 into it the next generation…oh wait… Anywho, the T3 is a capable IEM, which can be worn up or down. The soft, subtle cable is one of the best stock cables in an under $100 IEM I have afforded to use. Clean, multi-coating (silver/copper), even braiding. This is business as it should be. Throw in a quite good-looking jack and sensible, sturdy mmcx connections and this is built for the tough stuff. Plus, with its industrial good looks, there is a certain masculinity about it, that just seems right.

That said, I do believe I prefer the bass of the ZS10P. More of it, better reach and almost better control throw it for me. I am not a basshead mind you, but I do appreciate a good rumble. And here, the T3 cannot match the Pro. When we talk of clarity and cleanliness of signature, then the T3 pulls ahead. There is a decent amount of air for a $70 IEM, and that can overcome the lack of bass. Overall the T3 is a good, but different animal from the ZS10P, and I can see enjoying both.

KZ ZS10 Pro ($45) vs Simgot MT3 ($70):

The Simgot comes to me as a nice surprise and on the heels of the EM5 and EN700 Pro, which I very much liked. I found the EN700 engaging, robust and somewhat organic in sound. In other words, a nice warmish touch. The MT3 falls below the EN700 in terms of price and place in the Simgot lineup. Marketed as their budget IEM, it does take a bit of adjustment when switching from others. A cable that can be a conundrum to use (it tangles), combine with a very long ear guide; ending in a gorgeous IEM shell. With a slight pink hue to it, the silver bottom half of the cover matches nicely, giving a 50’s diner-type of look. I very much like how it looks.

And to me it has better control of the bass, with almost as much present. Control is quite good across the frequency range, with only a bit of shout up top. It does not bother me but does take to the front a bit. I would classify this as more open and airier than the ZS10P, and that really isn’t a bad thing. Where the ZS10P harkens back to the early Chi-Fi critters, which emanated treble at ungodly levels (but not in the ZS…), the MT3 has much better control. There is a bit of analytics in the midrange, to me. It feels like even “real” instruments sound digital in presentation. Not so in the ZS10P. So, if you had one qualm about the MT3, that would be my biggest. It is a very nice IEM at the sub-$75 price, and one, which crowds into an already crowded market.

KZ ZS10 Pro ($45) vs BQEYZ BQ3 ($60):

The BQ3 is my first offering from BQEYZ, and I love the look. That blue anodized look is gorgeous as well. With a bit of a cutout curve, I can see 50’s Chevy sedans in the shape. Not a bad thing in my mind. And as you might expect (maybe?) the BQ3 sounds quite different than the others here. With the most bass presentation of the four, this comes closer to my appeal than the others. There is a bit of rumble. Not as much nor as tight, succinct, or sharp of decay, it can get a bit tedious, and this is where I think the ZS10P controls bass better.

Midrange seems to be a bit withdrawn in the BQ3 as well. Not as clear, it almost hides behind to others, not wanting to put itself out there too much. Treble though is there in full force, but not sibilant or peaky. I sense a bit of roll-off, but not enough to squelch the ceiling or sound subdued and muddy. Overall the BQ3 is a decent offering, and one I would consider on par.

Using the Shanling M5S I get the whole sense of the ZS10P. On Stevie Ray Vaughan’s Tin Pan Alley, you get the whole. His guitar work alone runs up and down your spine, tingling the whole time. In this set up, the ZS10P shows the best bass of the lot listed above. Deep, rich, albeit not the cleanest, the bass matches the song perfectly. That down-low and dirty feeling you get. I like it. And this carries over (the like part, not the dirt) to other songs. The vibrancy with which Los Lonely Boys Senorita comes across is well worth it. A very nice set.

Moving up the food chain so to speak, the XDuoo x10t ii/iFi Pro iDSD (my current home go-to if you don’t know by now…) scales fairly well with the ZS10P. We are talking about a $45 IEM of course, so one should not expect much. I did enjoy the combination, and U2’s Unforgettable Fire sounded quite good. I appreciated that the ZS10P was willing to try.

Hooking through my iPhone XS Max, the microphone using the dongle worked, and calls came through reasonably well. I say reasonably, because pretty much any IEM with a mic works well these days. Isolation was good and call quality decent. This would work for on the go, and that is the point when including a mic.

Finale:

I sit here listening to Bob Marley’s Rastaman Live Up! through the XDuoo/iFi combination during a thunderstorm. And I must say that it is good. Bass, which starts the process off, just enough treble up top to keep me going, and Bob’s voice. Bob’s voice. This is an excellent way to end the evening and the review. While obviously not meant as a $200-killer, the ZS10P is an excellent starter for someone who might want to move up into the portable audio world without breaking the bank. The mic works, the cable is livable (but puLEEZ, KZ change it, for it doeth tangle…) for this price, and the sound is just about what you would expect. Good. Take a look at it for your Smartphone. I again thank Lillian from Linsoul Sound for the sample, and faith in this humble reviewer’s “talent,” it is appreciated.

6. goldemi1
    Dont let the shininess fool you, these are great!
    Written by goldemi1
    Published Jun 18, 2019
    Pros - comfortable, bright, strong bass thats in control
    Cons - mirrored finish is fingerprint magnet
    I got these on a whim, having already thought I found my two daily pairs, I wasn’t looking for another just yet, but you know how that impulse is when you see a shiny new object. And this one is shiny indeed.

The KZ ZS10 as you might know by now from KZ’s nomenclature refers to the number of drivers in total, 10. My understand is that of the 5 in each earphone, there are 4 BAs (2 KZ 30095 BAs, 2 50060 BAs), and 1 DD (Tesla gen 2).

Build
    The shell feels like it was custom molded for my ear, an acrylic shell which helps it stay room temperature (not cold like some of my metal ones), but with a metal plate on the outside that seems to be held together with hex screws. That plate my friends is SHINY. It’s a polished mirror chome finish that you can see yourself in, and that can be nice, or a fingerprint/scratch magnet. This is the only headphone someone at work actually commented on with a “whoa what are those?!”…(in a good way). I started having buyers remorse before they got to me, thinking they’ll be too big and uncomfortable, but I’m still amazed at how truly comfy they are even for long periods. They’re actually much more comfortable than some of my previous KZ and other brand models, to the point where I’ve been wearing them in bed at night while listening to podcasts.

The box is simple and clean and comes with a nice braided cable….not amazing, but not where I felt the need to buy a better version as in the past. Also came with your standard eartips and what seems to be a star type eartip. I was ready to chuck them and just put on my memory foam tips automatically, but was surprised at how well I liked the included large tip for my ear, so that’s what I’ve been using for about a month now.

Perhaps I got used to the previous pair of earphones I’d been using, but I really noticed the highs right away. They’re not piercing, just very present and crisp. I hate treble, but haven’t felt the need to tame them with the EQ yet. Past KZ and other earphones always had me running right to the EQ to bring the highs down, but on this set it works well for me. There’s clarity, without being tiring.

This is a V sound signature but not pushed down as much as other earphones. The mids are clear, although I tend to punch them up with an EQ for my preference.

Then we get to the bass which is the other half that stands out nicely. It stands out as having a great and meaningful assertive presence, nice and tight, without competing with the mids. It doesn’t come out as obvious as the highs do, but its there. To me the bass is fine as is, definitely strong, but I did play with the EQ and it can be made more powerful without compromise.

Overall, you leave it just as is without immediately jumping to the EQ and you’ll find a warm V signature that is clean and pleasant, not overcompensated on either end and not too analytical. I find it very capable across all genres of music that I listen to (classic country, goth/industrial/synthpop, classical, indie) and podcasts too although I find male voices a bit too relaxed on these. The soundstage is among the best of the earphones I own in the $50ish or less range

They’re now my daily earphone to/from work (subwayin NYC) where they isolate a tad better than most other earphones I have, and also at work because of the comfort.

images

7. paulwasabii
    KZ ZS10 Pro Impressions
    Written by paulwasabii
    Published Jun 7, 2019
    Pros - Comfort
    Bass
    Airy vocals
    Cons - Midsection might need some EQ depending on your music prefs

Disclaimer:
    The KZ ZS10 Pro was provided by Yooaudio and can be purchased here: https://www.amazon.com/Headphones-Yinyoo-Earphones-Balanced-mic/dp/B07QTPSTHM/

Packaging: Coming from the KZ ZSN Pro, upgraded color packaging. Standard cable and tip selection though.
    Comfort: The ZS10 Pro has been described as an improved ZSN Pro but using the same shell. I am firmly on the side of the ZSN Pro being one of the most comfortable IEM KZ has put out and the ZS10 Pro doesn’t change that. Same shell, same great fit and comfort.

Sound: I will side with nearly every review on the highs and lows. The mid-bass is great and not much different than the ZSN Pro. Sub-bass may be the same as well, I did not A/B them, but if you prefer a little rumble with your mid-bass punch, there is plenty on the ZS10 Pro. The treble is nice, it can sound warm and airy on the right song, think Christina Perri’s human or Fleetwood Mac’s Dreams. Honestly, Dreams sounds really amazing on these, blows me away. The mids are where there are more issues. If you read enough reviews, the mids lie somewhere between perfect and recessed or flat. I agree, depending on the song you are listening to, it can be great or not quite right. My impression is certain vocals just sounded slightly off, the tone was not quite right, often too high. I had a difficult time with Prince’s Purple Rain and Calvin Harris’ Promises. Bjork Hyperballad was a bit recessed. To me, the vocals were a bit thin and recessed. At the same time, some vocals sounded amazing like Lorde or Tracy Chapman. I used UAPP and Toneboosters EQ to adjust the mids in those cases. I do think Bjork’s vocals need a little boost to bring them where I expected them to be. In this case, the ZS10 Pro responds well to small adjustments and the Toneboosters parametric EQ has bell-shaped curves which helps roll off the edges into the upper and lower mids. After reading many ZS10 Pro glowing reviews before I received them, I thought mine were broken. If you read closely, others have noted some issues in the midsection, but perhaps it sounds better on better sources or most of it depends on your song choice. I do believe many people will never hear any issues on the ZS10 Pro simply due to their music preference so just wanted to say there may be a need for some EQ if your favorite song does not sound as you were expecting.

Overall: It is hard to dispute the ZS10 Pro’s sound quality at $50 and its status as the most talked about KZ product at the moment. Given how well received the KZ ZSN Pro was for its price, comfort, and sound quality, it should be no surprise that the ZS10 Pro ups the ante in sound quality while retaining amazing comfort and value.

Longer Video Review: Here

8. fireboltr
    KZ ZS10 PRO Finally
    Written by fireboltr
    Published May 31, 2019
    Pros - Affordable, fun sounding earphones that bring out a good amount of detail.
    Cons - Bass is a little overpowering at times but other than that great
    Wanted my first post to actually be hopefully helpful to someone so here goes.

KZ has been on the CHIFI seen for awhile now, making good price to performance earphones for the masses.

The usual sound signature throughout their history has always been heavily "V" shaped, excluding a couple of various models along the way. I have been using KZ's IEM's for quite a few models now and have to come to enjoy them, for some of their merits.

Where I got them...

The KZ ZS10 PRO has 5 drivers per side hence the 10 in the name. 4 balanced armatures (2 high and 2 mid) and 1 dynamic driver providing the lows.

Packaging

The ZS10 Pro comes in the usual KZ packaging.

A simple slip over a box.

Front

Back
    [​IMG]

As you can see KZ is claiming a frequency response of 7-40k which is excellent if it comes even close to this.

It also boasts 111db/mW and at 30 ohms, allowing these IEM's to be driven to decent volume levels from most portable sources.

After making it past the slip cover you are greeted by the "display" inner box showing off some beautifully polished 304 stainless steel, and of course the model info and 10 driver bragging.

[​IMG]

Lifting the plastic and IEM's nice foam holder up reveals the usual fanfare.

Complete box contents include: IEM's, cable, a set of starline tips (my personal favorite) and the user guide.

[​IMG]

This is the usual KZ minimalistic packaging... but I think its rather classy and if it allows them to dump the money into units themselves I'm happy.

Units Themselves/Build Quality

This time around KZ seems to have stepped things up. The back is POLISHED 304 stainless steel, attached to their typical high grade plastic. This gives them a heft and feeling of quality over the usual all plastic builds.

[​IMG]

Removing the stock smooth medium tips reveals KZ gave us a metal sound tube WITH a tip retention groove, this also reveals the good metal screen.

[​IMG]

I just gotta show this beautifully polished hunk of steel... Look at that reflection.

Sound Impressions

When they first came out of the box I plugged them in and popped on some music.

I was not very impressed with what I heard, the bass was boomy and dominated over the rest of the sound, the upper bass/lower mids were completely recessed and everything in that range was distant.

I wasn't about to give up on them, so knowing that BA's don't really need any burn and dynamic drivers are helped by it I didn't want to run pink noise and chance popping a BA so I played music with the bass boost on just to focus on that driver.

Viola! so please give them the chance they deserve before tossing them aside.

Here goes the actual sound impressions now that that is out of the way.

Audio equipment used for listening is as follows: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Topping NX4 DSD, Hidizs Sonata II, Khadas tone board running into a JDS Labs atom amplifier. Audio files ranged from MP3 V0 to 24 bit flac.

Bass 8.5/10

The bass is powerful, tight, punchy but not boomy or muddy (after some burn in) but it can be overpowering at times. It doesn't bleed into the midrange as it seems well kept in check. The bass extends very low and can easily get down into the sub bass rumble region.

Midrange 7/10

The midrange (after burn in) is rather detailed albeit slightly recessed. Male vocals are present and forward female vocals get up into where the midrange BA's sing giving them deep detail and spaciousness.

Treble 8/10

The treble extends well gently rolling off in the upper registers. It's slightly emphasized in the high midrange giving it air and sparkle without getting to hot or screaming. Some sibilance may creep in on some songs but it really stays in check.

Comfort/Isolation

The ZS10 Pro is a large earphone there is no doubt about that, but if fits well in the ear and more flush than the old ZS10. The nozzle is also deeper than the old ZS10 allowing for better seal/insertion than before. The cable sits comfortably over the ear and is well braided, long enough to be convenient but short enough to not get in the way. Isolation is about average with IEM's as there appear to be air holes in the outer shell, as well as on the inner surface. Unlike other KZ models I wasn't able to detect sound changes by changing positioning what little can be. Sound leakage is the best but more than adequate to not disturb those around you.

Overall/Conclusion

kZ has stepped things up this time around, the ZS10 Pro is a vast improvement over the original ZS10. Gone is the hugely "V" shaped sound of old and I feel the ZS10 Pro is mostly well balanced leaning towards bass happy. The soundstage is about as wide as expected for IEM's but the sound is well detailed and shows great amounts of instrument seperation and depth.

They have a very fun pleasing sound that lends itself well to many music types. I have been thoroughly enjoying listening to them and will whole heartedly recommend them to anyone looking for an earphone in the $40-$50 range.
  9. yukitq
    KZ ZS10 Pro - A Win for KZ
    Written by yukitq
    Published May 30, 2019
    Pros - Great, punchy bass response.
    Clear and full-bodied midrange.
    Wide soundstage.
    Aesthetically Pleasing.
    Cons - Lack of Accessories.
    Shells are quite big, might be uncomfortable.
    Treble might cause some discomfort.
    Link for Full Review: https://audiorambles.com/kz-zs10-pro/

[​IMG]

I’ve never been a proponent of Knowledge Zenith Products; I’ve always felt the prominent Chinese company exemplified everything that was wrong with majority of Chi-Fi: Unbearable treble peaks to boost perceived clarity, releasing a barrage of low quality products to see which ones the market can tolerate, and a tunnel-visioned focus on driver counts rather than proper, mature tuning.

The KZ ZS10 Pro however, sporting 1 Dynamic Driver and 4 Balanced Armature Drivers, sound fantastic for $50 USD. Out of all the KZ products I’ve heard, I’d say these are probably the best in their lineup (not that they have much competition given how the rest of the product range sounds), perhaps bar the KZ ZS5 V1. These IEMs have really managed to subvert my expectations (Game of Thrones fans in shambles at the phrase) of KZ products. Before, I’d have likely dismissed most things churned out by the company, but I’d be lying now if I said I had no interest, should they maintain similar standards.

Packaging and Accessories
    [​IMG]

The KZ ZS10 Pro arrived in a tiny cardboard box, with an image of the ZS10 Pro on the front. Upon unboxing, the ZS10 Pros are nested inside a small paper card.

Accessories provided include:

– 3 pairs of (S/M/L) Black Silicone Tips

Kind of expected for a set within this price range, but I guess more could have been included. Still, can’t complain for $50 USD.

Build Quality, Fit, Comfort and Isolation

Build Quality (7/10):
    The KZ ZS10 Pro look like they’d hold up alright; the shells itself are made out of plastic, and it’s rather lightweight. While they have my preferred 2-pin cable configuration, my prior experiences with KZ in this regard aren’t great as they have a tendency to loosen up over time, so points will be docked for that.

The Stock Cable is well braided, relatively lightweight, and not particularly prone to tangle. The cable terminates in plastic covered 3.5mm jack.

Overall the use of plastic is extensive here, but they should hold up well.

Fit and Comfort (7/10): The shells of the ZS10 Pro are quite large, and after around 45 minutes of wearing them my ears do start to hurt. They don’t sit flush in my ear like the BGVP DM6, but stay on well enough.

Isolation (7/10): Isolation is decent given that they’re vented due to the presence of a Dynamic Driver, they block out sufficient noise on public transport. Expect the occasional chatter to be audible in lulls/quieter parts of your music.

The overall sound signature of the ZS10 Pro can be described as a “U” shaped frequency response, with emphasised bass and treble, while retaining a very capable midrange.

Bass (7.5/10): The Dynamic Driver of the KZ ZS10 Pro really puts in a remarkable shift. Subbass has great depth, going quite deep on tracks like Lauv’s “Breathe” or Lorde’s Royals”. It’s hard-hitting sub-bass which can be felt rather than heard, and even then it still maintains good control, only occasionally sounding a little loose.

Mid-bass received an even bigger boost on the ZS10 Pro, possessing more body and similar slam and impact. On tracks which require greater speed, the weight on the bass of the ZS10 Pro might be a detriment, but my personal preferences always lean towards a similar low-end presentation. Overall, bass hits with good natural decay and detail, and does nothing to soil the good name of Dynamic Driver bass.

Mids (7/10): The midrange is warmed up by the admirably hard hitting bass of the ZS10 Pro, and midbass bleed is occasionally present, but it’s not a significant issue. The midrange is clear and detailing is quite good.Vocal placement is just right for my tastes, not too far/near.

Male vocals have good body and presence, very adequately conveying the emotions and power of voices such as Andrea Bocelli’s. While Female Vocals sound good due to a gradually increasing peak in the upper midrange-lower treble region, it can also lead some female voices such as G.E.M or Hayley Reinhardt to sound slightly thin and nasally on occasion.

Highs (6/10): As with most KZ IEMs, the notorious Chi-Fi lower treble peak is here to stay. However, it’s not as overdone as many of their other offerings, and does well to give the midrange some air, though it can still sometimes be slightly harsh or sibilant. Keep in mind I’m sensitive to peaks in this region, so for most of you it’ll be less of an issue. It’s not particularly detailed regarding instruments like cymbals, for example in Amy Winehouse’s “Back in Black”, but is still more than capable.

The very top end of the ZS10 experiences a roll-off, though it can still be considered bright on the whole.

Soundstage, Imaging, Seperation and Timbre (7/10): The fantastic width of the soundstage becomes immediately apparent upon putting on the ZS10 Pro. Depth is not particularly impressive, however. Imaging is also a weak point, with instruments and singers mostly found on the extreme left and right panes of the stage rather than spread out across. Timbre is quite good, not the most revealing due to the warmth of the ZS10 Pro, but it remains mostly natural.

Conclusions

The KZ ZS10 Pro will definitely go a long way in changing the opinions of the company for non-believers such as myself, and is an absolute win for KZ. Their sound signature works for most genres of music, though if you’re not one for bright IEMs you’d likely still want to give this a pass. For the rest, however, at $50 USD, these are very, very good.
  10. PwnedxOwned
    KZ ZS10 Pro
    Written by PwnedxOwned
    Published May 30, 2019
    Pros - Balanced sound, detailed, punchy bass, looks amazing and high quality, good price.
    Cons - Treble might be an issue for some people. Punchy Bass.
    20190523_213342.jpg

Frequency: 7-40000Hz

20190523_213521.jpg

Package and Accessories:

ZS10 Pro earphones

Braided 0.75mm Type C 2-Pin Copper Cable(Brown Color)

A set of S/M/L Starline Silicone Tips

Preinstalled Medium Silicone Tips

Purchase Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QTPSTHM

Build Quality and Accessories:

The shell is made of acrylic with a polished metal faceplate similar to the KZ ZSN. It's very comfortable I can listen to music for hours with no pain and isolates well with a proper seal. The cable is a brown braided type c 2-pin copper cable with molded ear guides, the cable is flexible and comfortable but the cable above the y-split is a little bit long. It also comes with the standard Kz Starline tips and preinstalled medium tips.

20190523_214147.jpg

Bass:
    The bass is very controlled with punchy bass which I don't mind but may seem overpowering at times. The Punchy bass could be a turn off for some. When Listening to "Billie Eilish - 8" The punchy bass was more apparent and overwhelming.

Mids:
    The mids are slightly recessed not by much but compared to other kz iems is an improvement. The vocals are pretty clear but benefit male vocals more than female vocals, and instruments are detailed.

Treble:
    The treble is quite nice has some good sparkle to them definitely an improvement compared to KZ's other iems. But I did have some sibilance but it was source dependant, on my QNGEE X2 some female vocals had piercing highs, but on my Note 5, and Magni 2u and Modi 2u it sounded perfectly fine.

Conclusion:
    For the price ($40-$50) it can definitely hold its own. I can definitely recommend this iem for those that like a balanced sound. I based my review using the stock cable and preinstalled medium tips. I'm sure with some tip rolling and the right source the ZS10 Pro will sound even better.