Why the Beats Hate?
Apr 12, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #1,741 of 2,037
There can't be a better way to make bad headphones worse then putting Sunderland crap on them.

Maybe but you obviously haven't seen the Rotherham, Hartlepool (EDIT Monkey Hangers) or Leyton Orient Skullkandys

Apr 12, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #1,742 of 2,037
tragic when Sunderland drove the nail into Newcastle's coffin, wasn't it?

Apr 12, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #1,743 of 2,037
Apr 14, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #1,746 of 2,037
Oooohhhhh...so tempting.
wink.gif

Beats Studio - Lil Wayne Red edition!!!! for only $149
btw...the Red edition is by far the best sounding of the Lil Wayne lineup.
L3000.gif

Not that it matters, but both the eBay listing and the headphones themselves say that these are the Pro.

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #1,747 of 2,037
Apr 14, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #1,748 of 2,037
Not that it matters, but both the eBay listing and the headphones themselves say that these are the Pro.

Chuckle...My bad...Even better! I'd order 10 but there's only one left. :wink:

Sorry for the typo...got lost in the Lil Wayne-ness of these cans. I'm entirely certain that these cans will make 'Nothing but Trouble' even more 808.

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #1,749 of 2,037
Originally Posted by god-bluff /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Red headphones always sound better in much the same way as red cars (especially small Italian ones) go faster !!!

The red will make the sound being produced by the headphones travel faster than the speed of sound, so you'll hear it before it's even played.

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #1,751 of 2,037
If it's Red Edition, Apple gives a % of the profits to charity:

https://www.apple.com/product-red/

Apr 17, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #1,752 of 2,037
After hearing strong praise from our Beats supporters I decided to give Beats a another listen. I borrowed my nephew's Solo 3's for several days listening to several different genres of music. I then compared them to my personal Bluetooth headphones.
First off I have to say they did sound better than I recall past Beats sounding. Here is my impressions not an in depth review. Comfort was fine moderate pressure,not the most comfortable nor uncomfortable. Bass is better controlled and more accurate than past hp's but bass is still front and center and still less defined than competitors and retains some muddiness
and can become boomy on heavy bass passages. Mid's are fairly even but are soft and walked to some degree by the bass, but less than in the past. High's are fairly extended but sound like they are playing in the background. One thing I did find annoying was when I walked every footfall could be heard in the hp's.
How do they rank with other Bluetooth headphones I own:frowning2:listed in order)

Plantronics Backbeat Pro
Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2
1 more 802-RD
Bluedio Vinyl Plus
Pendulumic Stance 1+
Meeaudio Matrix 2
Plantronics Backbeat Sense
Bluedio Victory
Noontec Zorro ll HD
Creative WP 350
Meeaudio Touch
Beats Solo 3 [borrowed for comparison]
Bohm B-76
Ideausa S204

I found the Solo 3's to be vastly improved over past models I have heard and they can no longer be dismissed as merely overhyped and nothing more than a fashion statement. However, to my ears they still fall short of most of the competition many of which cost significantly less. Comparing them to purpose built wired sets, using the Solo 3's wired or Bluetooth, leaves them wanting against even very low cost wired sets on the market.

Apr 17, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #1,753 of 2,037
Imo Beats Solo 3 not only sounds better than the Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2, it's cheaper too in the U.K. I also like it better than the Pendulumic Stance, but I don't have the other headphones on your list. I have the Parrot Zik 2, which I think sounds equally as good as the Solo 3, but mine has been plagued by battery issues for the past 2+ years 

Apr 17, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #1,754 of 2,037
Have not had a chance to listen to the Parrots. I respect your opinion but it again reinforces the fact that sound quality is somewhat subjective based on one's own preferences in sound signatures, myself included.
I found the Plantronics Pro and Pro 2's to have a more refined and detailed bass with the mid's less stepped on and high's more forward with more sparkle than the Beats.
With the Pendulumic cans I found it a much closer distinction as far as overall listening pleasure,however Pendulumic's I found them to be somewhat reserved across the board but with a better balanced sound. The Beats emphasized bass is a little too forward for my taste.
In the U.S.Plantronics Pro's are $70.00 less than the Solo's,the Pro 2's are the same price the others on the list I paid measurably less.

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #1,755 of 2,037
Basshead day....Denon D600s ($150)...Beats done right! :basshead:

stirrin' the pot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back