Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Apr 13, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #107 of 1,454
Quote:
The graph from Jude is showing compensation. (diffuse target in this case, read more here) Unlike the one from BE, which is RAW and without smoothing...

The plots I posted (as @FUYU pointed out, and as was stated in my previous post) used DF compensation. (Smoothing was 1/12.) Here is Periodic Audio's measurement of their Be model (which I've posted as the first graph below, cut off at 20kHz)--this is raw and not smoothed.

(Click on the graphs below to view them in a larger size.)

Dan describes his measurement setup at the following link: In mensura et in arte musica aurem

Here are my raw plots, no smoothing, with a slight adjustment to Y-axis settings (versus my previous measurements) to make it more similar to Periodic Audio's Y-axis range.

And here's my comparison again to the Etymotic ER4SR, this time both raw, smoothed 1/12.

Quote:
...There is a lot of irregularites in reading graphs. If I measure the P1 for myself for instance, chances are that my graph might look like the RAW curve. My coupler is around 2.3cc in volume so it's fairly close to IEC 60268-7 standard. Usually there is more variance due to outside noise, insertion depth, etc. etc...

Here is our system that I used for the measurements above:

Apr 13, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #108 of 1,454

Thanks Jude. I'm curious how fast this handles metal. I can only imagine what to expect, good overall weight with the sound from bottom up. good body even, and hoping there'd be no recession in mids. I cannot stand hollow and recessed mids, with fanboys constantly yelling "yeah well my iem is better because it's close to TOTL sound!" ... sigh...

hopefully people can throw more helpful descriptives here because there's a lot going for this new kid in town especially the Be...

Apr 13, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #109 of 1,454
Finally "something" arrived to my local post office. Yey
beyersmile.png
got now a notification

Apr 13, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #112 of 1,454
HAs anybody tries both the Be and the Campfire Lyra/Dorado? I am wondering if, especially the dorado, is complementary to the be

I have the Lyra II arriving in a couple weeks, and I can't wait to do some comparisons with the BE. I imagine I will keep both and use the Lyra II at home and the BE when I'm on the go. I'll definitely post some thoughts.

Apr 13, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #113 of 1,454
looking forward to these thoughts. how's the midrange like? texture, sweetness, timbre, vocals and the rest of the wagon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back