1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last
  1. Asspirin
    sometimes it's just moisture in your ears

2. jude Administrator
    Quote:

The plots I posted (as @FUYU pointed out, and as was stated in my previous post) used DF compensation. (Smoothing was 1/12.) Here is Periodic Audio's measurement of their Be model (which I've posted as the first graph below, cut off at 20kHz)--this is raw and not smoothed.

(Click on the graphs below to view them in a larger size.)
    Befreqnoheader.jpg

Dan describes his measurement setup at the following link: In mensura et in arte musica aurem

Here are my raw plots, no smoothing, with a slight adjustment to Y-axis settings (versus my previous measurements) to make it more similar to Periodic Audio's Y-axis range.

RMSLevel-_NOSMOOTHING-PeriodicAudioBe.jpg

THDRatio-_NOSMOOTHING-PeriodicAudioBe.jpg
    And here's my comparison again to the Etymotic ER4SR, this time both raw, smoothed 1/12.

RMSLevel-_SMOOTHING-PeriodicAudioBeversusEtymoticER4SR.jpg
    Quote:

Here is our system that I used for the measurements above:

FUYU and 1TrickPony like this.
  3. 1TrickPony

Thanks Jude. I'm curious how fast this handles metal. I can only imagine what to expect, good overall weight with the sound from bottom up. good body even, and hoping there'd be no recession in mids. I cannot stand hollow and recessed mids, with fanboys constantly yelling "yeah well my iem is better because it's close to TOTL sound!" ... sigh...

hopefully people can throw more helpful descriptives here because there's a lot going for this new kid in town especially the Be...

4. Marburger
    Finally "something" arrived to my local post office. Yey[​IMG] got now a notification

5. FUYU

Thanks alot, jude.

6. fpessolano
    HAs anybody tries both the Be and the Campfire Lyra/Dorado? I am wondering if, especially the dorado, is complementary to the be

7. gward4

I have the Lyra II arriving in a couple weeks, and I can't wait to do some comparisons with the BE. I imagine I will keep both and use the Lyra II at home and the BE when I'm on the go. I'll definitely post some thoughts.

robervaul and materix01 like this.
  8. 1TrickPony
    looking forward to these thoughts. how's the midrange like? texture, sweetness, timbre, vocals and the rest of the wagon?

9. fpessolano
    I have the feeling that lyra and be will be not too dissimili, the dorado truly interests me. 

10. 1TrickPony

you must really crave for that V sound

11. fpessolano
    It is more of  W sound that is why it interests me

12. Darkestred

I'll see if i can base the Dorado off the Be when mine arrives.  I really liked the Dorado but i also remember it being pretty dark and biased towards the lows.

13. 1TrickPony

you might want to refer to Jacpot77's review. he's got good ears (my esteem of his quality of hearing and documenting)

14. fpessolano
    Link?

15. 1TrickPony
    http://www.head-fi.org/products/campfire-audio-dorado/reviews/17720

Hopefully that'll help.

fpessolano likes this.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last