Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 12, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #7,321 of 11,654
I have never heard another monitor let a note drift off into the distance like the Lab ii does. Its a lovely attribute.

Jun 12, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #7,322 of 11,654
I have never heard another monitor let a note drift off into the distance like the Lab ii does. Its a lovely attribute.

Unless the monies are needed, perhaps keeping your Lab II is the better choice. Your current situation where you have trouble enjoying it due to your home and work situation will one day change, and you may regret having sold them.

Not only do you have an exceptional sound instrument, but a work of art as well. Truly a lifetime possession.

Jun 12, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #7,323 of 11,654

if you can - keep them, they are more then technical outstanding. i have also the eamt-1c, this one i can replace or upgrade, the lab ii not. if you buy the eamt-1c you need to pair the ak380 with a amp, direct out of the ak380 the performance is not so good (in contrast to the lab ii, performace is excellent out of the ak380). hugo or mojo fits fine, i use the eamt-1c with a ak380cu and a aol continental dual mono, a great pairing. i compaired the two some times ago @ earphonia. the eamt-1c is a demanding earphone, more like a magnetoplanar.

Jun 12, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #7,324 of 11,654
if you can - keep them, they are more then technical outstanding. i have also the eamt-1c, this one i can replace or upgrade, the lab ii not. if you buy the eamt-1c you need to pair the ak380 with a amp, direct out of the ak380 the performance is not so good (in contrast to the lab ii, performace is excellent out of the ak380). hugo or mojo fits fine, i use the eamt-1c with a ak380cu and a aol continental dual mono, a great pairing. i compaired the two some times ago

@rumina, thanks for the input, and also @jwbrent , I am conflicted about putting the Lab II up for sale. We will see what happens, maybe I will keep them and buy the eamt-1c or Tia Fourte later in the year.

@rumina - theat review you did was really fun to read and ws my initial inspiration for wanting to try the eamt-1c.

Jun 16, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #7,325 of 11,654
Proud new owner of a PF VIII here. What they do to my music library can only be called magic. What a sound. Really magical, spherical, with an almost unreal atmosphere and a fairy like sparkle in the treble that has to be heard to believe it. Can´t stop listening, and I´ve only listened to my 16 bit files so far ......

Jun 16, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #7,326 of 11,654
Proud new owner of a PF VIII here. What they do to my music library can only be called magic. What a sound. Really magical, spherical, with an almost unreal atmosphere and a fairy like sparkle in the treble that has to be heard to believe it. Can´t stop listening, and I´ve only listened to my 16 bit files so far ......

Comments like this continue to pique my interest ... :L3000:

Jun 18, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #7,329 of 11,654
Very nice! I really wish I had the budget for these. They sound like just the sort of sound I would love and their design (not quite IEM, not quite earbud) would also be really useful for me because there is no build up of pressure in the ear canal. Oh well, just keep it on the list for the future. :wink:

Enjoy!

Jun 20, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #7,331 of 11,654

Piano Forte beat "top" CIEM for 1500-2000 dollars, If you are not a basshead. "Top" is a marketing fiction. Multiple BAs will never reach a MIDs that is in the Piano Forte. I was tired to look for earphones that can surpass the PF.

Some say that FitEar 335DW has the best vocal among all BA earphones.They just did not hear Piano Forte X after a 800-hour burn-in.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #7,332 of 11,654
Hi guys, i have a dilemma :)...
So i know well piano forte x-g I owned for 1 year amazing performers especially vocals, soundstage, separation , I didn't feel any details was missing :) and bass it was excellent quality after one year they stop working anyway I won't to reurn to right way :) for now I own se5ult and wm1z great combo bat still mising magic from fad x-g :) so I can try to sale se5 ult and wm1z and get lab ii :) and kep nwz x1061 and bay piano forte VIII :) after this I will have simular sound signature from Sony and best earphones in the world :) or stay with se5ult + wm1z ... unfortunately to Bay lab ii i have to sale wm1z and se5ult
And what is the difference between x-g piano forte x-g thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back