DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jun 23, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #6,691 of 22,021
Hi Paul. This is for the Sw developers: When using Mango mode, I select "Genre" then "Artist" then "Album" and finally a song, then music plays, so far so good. But when I try to go back (after I swipe to the left) using the arrow at the top-left of the screen, the screen is blank (no albums), a second press and the screen again blank (no artist), the 3rd press shows the Genres again. A bit annoying

Jun 23, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #6,692 of 22,021
Thanks for the suggestion. I did think of using a converter but never got around to Googling it.

My L26 works fine. I just leave it plugged into the Shadow all the time.

BTW no risk of damage feeding SE output through balanced cable. Most manufacturers warn against the opposite, although such adapters (balanced output to SE) exist, because you're shorting the separate channel grounds together.

Jun 23, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #6,694 of 22,021
Hi Paul. This is for the Sw developers: When using Mango mode, I select "Genre" then "Artist" then "Album" and finally a song, then music plays, so far so good. But when I try to go back (after I swipe to the left) using the arrow at the top-left of the screen, the screen is blank (no albums), a second press and the screen again blank (no artist), the 3rd press shows the Genres again. A bit annoying
I will pass this on to the software team. Thank you for the description of the process.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 23, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #6,695 of 22,021
Thanks for the suggestion. I did think of using a converter but never got around to Googling it.
We have some very high quality adapters coming out. The cable used is very good and not off the shelf so it will work well with any of our cables or any high quality cable.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 23, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #6,696 of 22,021
Jun 23, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #6,697 of 22,021
We have some very high quality adapters coming out. The cable used is very good and not off the shelf so it will work well with any of our cables or any high quality cable.

Will certainly support your adapter product.

Jun 23, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #6,698 of 22,021
Jun 23, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #6,700 of 22,021
Is it possible to include latest Hiby Music beta to your custom rom?
It is not a good idea to incorporate beta version into product. But I put some efforts to let 3.0 be problem free (it is not yet), then you could just install it via Play Market.

Jun 23, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #6,703 of 22,021
AMP2 should work fine with the Elear unless they are much harder to drive than the Utopia. I listen with the Utopia all the time now and use them around 100 with the AMP2 and that leave 1/3 of the volume range to go. Way more than enough headroom with the amp. I listen to a lot of live music and that is my barometer, not recorded music and this gets much of the way there. No it isn't a speaker system or live but on well recorded music, it is like a live feed now, so very open and layered. A wonderful flow and ebb to the music and that Is what it is all about.

You're right, amp2 drives the Elear very well at 80/85 on the pot which is not that much above amp1 balanced at 70/75. I thought it would be more...
I thought amp2 would bring more coloration but I find it bring better dynamics and depth, you get less kick but gain more texture bass wise (which I don't mind). Mids are sweeter too...

Very happy with amp2 so far :D

Jun 23, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #6,704 of 22,021
I had a good hr with the DX200 and new fw with the FitEar Titans. Kudos to @Paul - iBasso , I think you've done it with this f/w. IMHO much improved in terms of stability, and sonics.

Jun 23, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #6,705 of 22,021
Yay! A few hours each day over 5 days and I've finally finished reading all 447 pages of this thread!

I recommend you using custom rom for google play store access. It is really much easier.

Back there when I was using the stock rom (still no custom rom that time) I need to email to neutron and buy apk paid by paypal. and need to find out how I verify with my email account which bonds to my purchase. I have done hard way and I promise I won't do that again.

Custom rom is the best way to enjoy android capability of application fully.

Yup, I now now plan to do this. Do I need both Lurker's & WindowsX custom ROM? I also posted a query in regards to backing up the DX200 original settings before modding.

The FLC8S with red-grey-green filters are a marvellous combination with the DX200. I have tried SE535Red and SE846 and both are really good, but overall I prefer the FLC8S.

Funny. I've had my FLC8S for over a year and oddly enough I've never experimented with the filters. I've always used whatever the default is inserted out of the box. This is something I'll need to try.

You need to do upgrade one step at a time, regarding your inquiry about higher end iems. Once you get your new source (dx200), use it with your current iems, compare it to your current pioneer dap, note the improvements you hear and the improvements you wish to hear. Then figure out your upgrade budget. I can recommend you at least a few dozen of iem upgrades based on Westone and flcs you have now, and others will suggest to you their own personal favorite iems, that's how recommendations usually work :wink:

So my advice, change one variable at a time, otherwise it will get overwhelming :)

A good tip. Thanks!

I fully agree with Twister. My advice was that, as an owner of the FLC8S, the configuration I recommend is red-grey-green. Try this after getting used to the DX200. After that Twister and more folks from the forum will recommend you alternatives, my own experience with IEMs were those three (SE535Red, SE846 and FLC8S)

See comment above in regards to the filters. One thing I will want to get tho' is a balanced cable. Doing some research now on which to get for FLC8S.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back